Not in Turtle Mode, yet

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
Just walked out to the car to adjust my wife’s mobile key access and discovered what looks to be some of oil all over the garage just in front of the driver. I also have the AC water puddle on the pax side, but that is not unusual.

I am really hoping for another explanation tomorrow when service sees the pics, but I am not that optimistic as the fluid has a slight oily feel and is a reddish/orangish in color.

Any thoughts? I have put a whopping 53 miles on the car.

Attachments

• 9CAA0D5D-F3EC-41F3-8FFF-2820436C3AA2.jpeg
    9CAA0D5D-F3EC-41F3-8FFF-2820436C3AA2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 130
DB485273-71D1-4035-9080-93572F05B435.jpeg
CA53355F-F4A3-4B60-BBB2-0399B5E810D3.jpeg

No sh*t, this is not good. Were not the other two reported here with fluid leakage coolant for the batteries/motors?

Just walked out to the car to adjust my wife’s mobile key access and discovered what looks to be some of oil all over the garage just in front of the driver. I also have the AC water puddle on the pax side, but that is not unusual.

I am really hoping for another explanation tomorrow when service sees the pics, but I am not that optimistic as the fluid has a slight oily feel and is a reddish/orangish in color.

Any thoughts? I have put a whopping 53 miles on the car.
There aren't that many fluids in an electric car. Break fluid? Battery coolant?

If it's defiinitely not water (i.e. AC condensation), it's not good.

Looks like the beginning of a drive motor failure sadly. Hopefully I’m wrong! But the other few cases on here where that oily substance was found, were failed motors.

Looks like the beginning of a drive motor failure sadly. Hopefully I’m wrong! But the other few cases on here where that oily substance was found, were failed motors.
That was pretty much my immediate thought, given the color and volume. I have worked on enough muscle cars to know an “oh crap” sign. Too much to really be brake fluid, looks more like transmission fluid, which is what I would think the fluid in these motors probably would be like.

So, after an 8+ month wait from confirmation to delivery, six days with the car, 53 miles, I now cannot drive it and it must wait, most likely, for transport to the nearest Service Center, 680 miles away, minimum 1 week round trip plus whatever it takes to get the parts plus repairs.

Also got a clarification on where the mobile vans are based. The closest is in Atlanta and there is no telling when the soonest is they can be here.

That was pretty much my immediate thought, given the color and volume. I have worked on enough muscle cars to know an “oh crap” sign. Too much to really be brake fluid, looks more like transmission fluid, which is what I would think the fluid in these motors probably would be like.

So, after an 8+ month wait from confirmation to delivery, six days with the car, 53 miles, I now cannot drive it and it must wait, most likely, for transport to the nearest Service Center, 680 miles away, minimum 1 week round trip plus whatever it takes to get the parts plus repairs.

Also got a clarification on where the mobile vans are based. The closest is in Atlanta and there is no telling when the soonest is they can be here.
Wow so sorry to see this. I hope the response is quick.

Well, I really wasn’t too happy with the pre-delivery customer service, especially communication. It’s just too bad I get to test out the customer service post-delivery so soon. We will see if that lives up to the hype and expectations. It really doesn’t matter how great the car drives if it can’t be driven, whatever the reason.

Well, I really wasn’t too happy with the pre-delivery customer service, especially communication. It’s just too bad I get to test out the customer service post-delivery so soon. We will see if that lives up to the hype and expectations. It really doesn’t matter how great the car drives if it can’t be driven, whatever the reason.
Couldn’t agree more. I hope they take care of it asap. You more than most of us here need to get some positive experiences out of Lucid. Again, hopefully I’m wrong about the motor, but no matter what they need to treat you right.

Im sorry to see what you are going thru. I hope they take of you ASAP. In my personal experience, post-delivery service is almost night and day compare to pre-delivery communication.

I wonder if there is any chance it could be windshield washer fluid? I really don’t think so though given how it has stained the concrete and not evaporated, plus it had an oily feel to it.

Damn, this is lost definitely a drive unit issue. Ask for a loaner for sure.

I wonder if there is any chance it could be windshield washer fluid? I really don’t think so though given how it has stained the concrete and not evaporated, plus it had an oily feel to it.
Awww man- sorry. Washer fluid probably unlikely per your reasoning. Limited options for fluids in an EV so coolant, drive unit lubrication, or brake fluid would be main culprits. Does the driver’s display show any sort of brake error?

Wow, so sorry. Please keep us posted.

Well, they actually scheduled a tow already, but they were going to put a car with only 53 miles on it on a flatbed tow truck, exposed to the elements, for 275 miles from Charlotte to Atlanta. I had to insist on an enclosed transport. I am planning on getting PPF installed, but my appointment was on Aug. 1, needless to say, I won’t make that appointment.

They also told me to rent a car myself and send them the receipts for the car plus the gas. My post-delivery experience is not starting out so great.

By renting yourself you will get a lot nicer vehicle of your choice rather than something not as drivable. I hear the newest Corvettes are pretty cool….😇
Good point… Did they give you a budget?

They also told me to rent a car myself and send them the receipts for the car plus the gas. My post-delivery experience is not starting out so great.
I'm guessing this is because Atlanta is not a Lucid service center, but an authorized repair shop, so they don't have the usual resources at their disposal. That, and the fact that you're in a different state likely means renting for you would be a big trickier, maybe?

Either way, crappy situation for you. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly and you have no other issues anytime soon.

Back