Speculation New ux interface in the works?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
IMG_1836.jpeg

There is a new interface In the works based on latest Lucid Air gravity ad. Any thoughts on this?
It sort of reminds me of the first interface in Tesla model S where they put on the controls on the bottom. But it still looks very early

It’s been well known for a while now that Gravity would introduce a new “Cockpit experience.” Basically, UX 3.0.

Some of that will require different hardware setup. As evidenced here in this shot a bit. Some of it will make its way to the Air eventually. We’ll know a bit more in a few days. But given Gravity won’t ship for another year, it’s hard to say how much of this has been completed and how much will show up in the Air (if any) prior to Gravity shipping.

It’s been well known for a while now that Gravity would introduce a new “Cockpit experience.” Basically, UX 3.0.

Some of that will require different hardware setup. As evidenced here in this shot a bit. Some of it will make its way to the Air eventually. We’ll know a bit more in a few days. But given Gravity won’t ship for another year, it’s hard to say how much of this has been completed and how much will show up in the Air (if any) prior to Gravity shipping.
Yeah this could be like when we first saw the screenshot of Apple car play and it took like 6 months to hit test cars

I like it my post got tagged with speculation. I got some other pictures for speculation too

IMG_1837.jpeg

The picture is not speculation. But any guesses as to what it means for the future of Lucid UX are speculation. Thus, the label.

The other thing I find interesting, speaking of speculation, in this image is that along that lower tab bar, in addition to having what appears to be Car, Climate, and Settings, we have buttons for Nav, Music, and Phone. Which suggests perhaps these screens will finally be available independently on the bottom screen. In other words, you can put music on the Pilot Panel while being on the nav tab on the right cockpit, etc.

At least, that's what I would guess. This alone would answer a major gripe from a lot of people. And I don't see why they couldn't do the same on the current Air's hardware.

The other thing I find interesting, speaking of speculation, in this image is that along that lower tab bar, in addition to having what appears to be Car, Climate, and Settings, we have buttons for Nav, Music, and Phone. Which suggests perhaps these screens will finally be available independently on the bottom screen. In other words, you can put music on the Pilot Panel while being on the nav tab on the right cockpit, etc.
Am I the only one seeing the apple influence here? It looks like the Mac/ipadOS dock to me, which is great.

Reactions: DBV
Am I the only one seeing the apple influence here? It looks like the Mac/ipadOS dock to me, which is great.
I don't think Apple can claim ownership of the bottom dock concept. But the artwork in general in the Lucid interface generally looks more "Apple-like" than most cars. I'll grant you that. More rounded. Organic.
I particularly like their use of monochrome icons in most places. I kinda wish Apple would go back to that in more of their interfaces.

Most importantly, Lucid's graphic design doesn't look like a cheap knockoff of Windows XP, like Mercedes' software for the past several years. All that glassy depth and reflection makes me want to gag.

Most importantly, Lucid's graphic design doesn't look like a cheap knockoff of Windows XP, like Mercedes' software for the past several years. All that glassy depth and reflection makes me want to gag.
Yeah, I have no problem with gradients, but only if they aren't "shiny" and there aren't other garish reflections everywhere.
I don't think Apple can claim ownership of the bottom dock concept.
About this, Apple can't claim ownership, but it looks as if it is in the style of the apple one, with it floating instead of being attached to the bottom.

I don't think Apple can claim ownership of the bottom dock concept. But the artwork in general in the Lucid interface generally looks more "Apple-like" than most cars. I'll grant you that. More rounded. Organic.
I particularly like their use of monochrome icons in most places. I kinda wish Apple would go back to that in more of their interfaces.

Can Tesla take ownership of bottom dock idea ?
IMG_1838.jpeg

It doesn’t look like there is a screen you look down at and sort of lose attention to the road. It looks this screen is more in driver eye sight glance

• Hmm
Let me correct this confusion, I wasn’t saying lucid was the first one. I said that lucids looks like it has apples aesthetic, which I still think is true.

Since two of Lucid's most senior digital interface designers -- Michael Bell and Derrick Carty -- have Apple backgrounds this isn't too surprising.

I wouldn't put much stock in press photos of the UI, there are pics of the Air UI that have never existed. :)

Back