New Touring vs Used Grand Touring

openball

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring, X6
Fully loaded Touring for 113k vs Used Grand Touring for 120ish k with under 1k miles
Is the Touring and wait still worth it, or is it better to go the used route if you have additional 10k to throw in.
If I find my ideal build in on the used market I will probably go for that, can walk way from confirmation

GT at 120k is a great deal - the additional range alone is worth it, but you'll also get more HP/torque, massaging seats, and most likely the full Dreamdrive and Dolby Atmos hardware.

That’s also why I cancelled my touring reservation. Too many used deals out there for GTs.

That's what I figured. I'm looking for a used GT 19" rims, with Tahoe interior - I don't understand why these are rare.
I drive around 500 miles weekly and I know I will used up the threads in the larger wheels in no time.

That's what I figured. I'm looking for a used GT 19" rims, with Tahoe interior - I don't understand why these are rare.
I drive around 500 miles weekly and I know I will used up the threads in the larger wheels in no time.
21" Pirellis strongly NOT recommended. I have three bubbles - two on front left, one on rear right. Getting aftermarket 19"s tomorrow.

You can get one with 21’s, buy 19’s and sell the 21’s likely for a profit.

That’s also why I cancelled my touring reservation. Too many used deals out there for GTs.
I see it the same way...I want the car, but there are several roadblocks, including what looks like steep depreciation.

If the order book for new cars doesn't grow, this should push the supply/demand calculus further toward lower prices in the after market.

IMO the big hit to GT resales is the change in model year.

The Rosetta Stone now is Lucid disclosure of backlog...stay tuned

I think the actual full charge total miles you get in GT and T might not be that far off. How could a heavier GT achieve the same efficiency as a T?

Any case, I wanted a new car so I went with T but at under $120k I would be tempted to get used if the interior is Tahoe

I think the actual full charge total miles you get in GT and T might not be that far off. How could a heavier GT achieve the same efficiency as a T?

Any case, I wanted a new car so I went with T but at under $120k I would be tempted to get used if the interior is Tahoe
88 vs 112kwh is quite significant. The weight isnt that much higher, a few hundred pounds. Plus if range isnt a concern, set your maximum charge for your GT lower than 80% to be closer to a Touring and gain some battery longevity.

I'm in the same both on the new car thing as I would like paint protection on new paint (I don't have much experience with this, so maybe its the same thing on a used). I also drive a lot and 'hope' I would save some $$$ on the EA free charging... although I've heard its wonky and probably better to charge at home. I'm going ahead with my T order, but if delivery is delayed until I find a GT with Tahoe, and probably 19" wheels, and I can walk away without losing much, I probably will.

Where are you all looking for the used GT's? What is the best source for these listings? I'm pretty frustrated with the delays in my Touring and starting to look at alternatives like used GT's and other manufacturers. Range is a big deal for me because I occasionally drive 300 miles in a day for work. So, I might not have a good EV option besides Lucid. But, others are gaining ground on range and, for the time being, have better software experience from what I can tell.

Fully loaded Touring for 113k vs Used Grand Touring for 120ish k with under 1k miles
Is the Touring and wait still worth it, or is it better to go the used route if you have additional 10k to throw in.
If I find my ideal build in on the used market I will probably go for that, can walk way from confirmation

This may be a good deal, but I'd want to be very sure I understood why someone would take a $35,000 loss on a car with under 1,000 miles on it.

Where are you all looking for the used GT's? What is the best source for these listings? I'm pretty frustrated with the delays in my Touring and starting to look at alternatives like used GT's and other manufacturers. Range is a big deal for me because I occasionally drive 300 miles in a day for work. So, I might not have a good EV option besides Lucid. But, others are gaining ground on range and, for the time being, have better software experience from what I can tell.
I found mine on cars.com. At the time the floor seemed to be around 130k and I lowballed the dealership and they dropped it to $122k after a week. Since then several people have bought them under $120k. You can always make them an offer and they can always tell you no.

Fwiw, if you don’t need the range, shedding 440lbs of battery is noticeable to me in the handling/ride quality of the car. While the touring is no roadster for weight it is lighter in its feet and if you have rear passengers the footwell is significantly more comfortable.

I have not needed more power than the touring has, it’s so quick that in ordinary daily driving you are quickly on the tailgate of another car if you are not careful.

Get the gt if you need the range, otherwise touring better value imho

I have not needed more power than the touring has, it’s so quick that in ordinary daily driving you are quickly on the tailgate of another car if you are not careful.

"Motor Trend" recently clocked a Touring at 3.1 seconds 0-60. Just a few years ago this was exotic car level of acceleration and will match any Tesla today short of a Plaid.

Fwiw, if you don’t need the range, shedding 440lbs of battery is noticeable to me in the handling/ride quality of the car. While the touring is no roadster for weight it is lighter in its feet and if you have rear passengers the footwell is significantly more comfortable.

Get the gt if you need the range, otherwise touring better value imho
I have the Pure and even the power on that is more than sufficient. I actually feel safer driving the Pure than the GT I test drove.

I suppose it really comes down to needed range and resale value. Don't forget battery degradation. A new Touring have more room to depreciate vs buying a used GT

Same with regards to the frustration with my delayed Touring.

I use my American Express Platinum and Gold card Auto Purchasing Program link from my benefits page. From there, you can navigate to the used auto's tab, select Lucid, and search nationwide for used GT's. The great part is if/when I find a used GT that close enough for reasonable shipping or for me to drive and pick up at $120,000 or less in my ZR/SC/21's configuration, I'm going to pull the trigger and bank my Amex MR Points as well.

Here is the Amex True Car link. There are currently 22 used GT's listed nationwide for sale. https://amexnetwork.truecar.com/

"Motor Trend" recently clocked a Touring at 3.1 seconds 0-60. Just a few years ago this was exotic car level of acceleration and will match any Tesla today short of a Plaid.
I read that Motor Trend article on the Touring this morning. It was a nice article.

Back