Discounted Grand touring... How will it affect present Grand touring prices and create confusion in the resale market

Bocabob

Verified Owner
Cars
air grand touring
After reading an article showing that they're now reducing the amount of options in the Grand touring is a little upsetting to the fact that there's going to be confusion between us who paid for all options in what was considered the original Grand touring model and there's no way to distinguish between that and a lesser Grand touring product this also will affect probably the resale value of our vehicles. I believe it's extremely important that the cars be branded or badged in a manner which differentiates themselves from the standard Grand tour...... Which we've paid full price for.....

I dont see why this would affect the resale value. The MSRP of a fully loaded GT has not changed.

Options within a trim level are somewhat new to Lucid but have been around for decades with other vehicles.

This is true but usually dealers or car manufacturers for years have been using ex-lx dx things of that nature to be able to differentiate between different types of trim levels this also has been most common in moderately priced vehicles not vehicles priced over $100,000 it just would be a courtesy on lucid's behalf to make sure that the people that did pay for a fully loaded product not being confused with lesser trim in the marketplace.... I understand that they're trying to move more units and frankly that's to our benefit..... Just adds another layer of confusion in a new market which is just emerging where there's already so much confusion already...... It would just take a simple badge to differentiate the same they do with a two motor three motor etc

I don’t see this as any different than BMW, who includes options for almost everything.

I understand your point but this is kind of standard across the industry. Most vehicles include options. Some people like to make it their own. And when it comes to resale the options it has does matter. Fully loaded will go for a little more.

At this point I cant see worrying about resale. I love the car and it is loving me back. All cars depreciate and EVs are subject to improvements in technology. Who knows what will be obsolete in 5 yrs. Enjoy the car - no one bought this car for a true investment. Or at least they shouldn't have. Lately not a week goes by with stocks going down more than the value of the car. Oh well. Life is meant to be a crap shoot. I love the car!

This is true but usually dealers or car manufacturers for years have been using ex-lx dx things of that nature to be able to differentiate between different types of trim levels this also has been most common in moderately priced vehicles not vehicles priced over $100,000 it just would be a courtesy on lucid's behalf to make sure that the people that did pay for a fully loaded product not being confused with lesser trim in the marketplace.... I understand that they're trying to move more units and frankly that's to our benefit..... Just adds another layer of confusion in a new market which is just emerging where there's already so much confusion already...... It would just take a simple badge to differentiate the same they do with a two motor three motor etc
In 2016 I bought a Tesla Model S P90D for $113,000. 3 months later Tesla was selling the P100D which had more range for $20k less. Unfortunately there is never a great time to buy an EV because there are always constant packaging and pricing changes with them.

Back