Many of the features of the Air in the studios are grand touring only

I am happy to hear you do, enjoy it..
We have a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Dream Performance. Whatever "fluff" you think the Lucid Dream has, I can assure you it does not get in the way of performance. In fact, the Dream, though will a bit less punch off the line, slays the Plaid in terms of handling.

And, as hydbob said, every single luxury feature of the Dream is also present in the GT.

Lucid is going to offer something more along the lines you're probably thinking with the Tri-Motor Air that is in the works. Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Marketing, told me the differences between the Air Grand Touring and the Tri-Motor will be analogous to the differences between a 5-Series BMW and an M5. However, if you've ever been in an M5, you'll know that it has plenty of luxury "fluff", too.
I'm sure the M5 is a great car but if you put it up against my CTSV Cadillac there is no contest not to mention my 835 RWHP Corvette.

I'm sure the M5 is a great car but if you put it up against my CTSV Cadillac there is no contest not to mention my 835 RWHP Corvette.
From a handling/driver's car standpoint, I'm guessing the M5 is still the better option.

I have never been inside the CTSV, but my uncle had one. He loved that car, but replaced it with a Mercedes he liked more. He also liked my M5. Not sure you can really go wrong with any of these. The published 0-60 for the 2019 CTSV is 3.7sec vs 3.1sec for the 2019 M5 (under 3sec for the CS version), 7.5sec 0-100mph and 7.2sec, respectively. Top speed off the lot is 200 for the CTSV and 190 for the M5, but I think that both might be electronically limited, so who knows...Maybe those published numbers aren't accurate...My kids would be more comfortable in the back seat of the M5 than the Corvette. Every car has its' pros and cons and its' rightful place. Which production model corvette has 835hp, just curious? The Corvette is not really a benchmark to compare to a sedan, IMO.

From a handling/driver's car standpoint, I'm guessing the M5 is still the better option.
I own a BMW but the reviews have generally reported that the Caddy handles better. The complaints on the Caddy tend to be about the use of common, low end interior parts from the GM parts inventory.

If raw acceleration is the chief criterion for you, why not just get a Plaid and quit fretting about a Lucid having too much fluff?

I have owned a 5-Series, a 7-series, a B7 and now an M5. The M5 is a very different animal to the other three. It is quite fun to drive on the curvy NC mountain roads. My biggest complaint are the brake pads (can tend to squeal, but easy to clean). I have also owned a 911 and an M56 from Infiniti along with my Superformance Cobra, 1968 and 1973 Mustangs.

You want raw acceleration and a coffin on wheels, get the Superformance Cobra EV, and buy stock in adult diapers.

You want raw acceleration and a coffin on wheels, get the Superformance Cobra EV, and buy stock in adult diapers.
I had no idea Superformance was working on a EV, it looks awesome. Have you seen electric Alfa Romeo GTV that Totem is building?

Back