New scheduled charging feature -- how is it supposed to work?

Is anyone else having issues with the scheduled charging recently or when the car is on a different profile? I’m on the latest software, using the Lucid Home Charger and it has worked several times before.. However, it did not work last Saturday night nor again last night. Both times the car was on my wife’s profile when we plugged in.
Maybe like Homelink. Do you need to set the schedule for each profile?

Is anyone else having issues with the scheduled charging recently or when the car is on a different profile? I’m on the latest software, using the Lucid Home Charger and it has worked several times before.. However, it did not work last Saturday night nor again last night. Both times the car was on my wife’s profile when we plugged in.
I tried it again today and the scheduled charging worked fine for me. Hence, the bug is affecting some cars but not all.

My scheduled charging worked the first time I tried, right after 2.0.55. The last 3 times, however, have not worked. Have to open the app to wake the car up to start charging.

Looks like if you plug in and then go to the pilot panel and wait for it to show charging scheduled, you have a higher chance for it to work.

Mine has consistently been working with 12 am start time. Probably 5-6 chargers at this point. It’s set for tonight so hope I didn’t jinx myself 😂

My scheduled charging is intermittent. Somedays it charges at the time it is supposed to charge and sometimes it charges immediately even though it is in the 12 hour window to wait for the scheduled charging.

I feel like I'm being stupid with this scheduled charging. Here is a picture of my charging screen. If I read this right, charging is 'scheduled' to start at 7:30pm. But, it also says immediate charging is between 7:30 am and 7:30 pm. So, if I plug in my charger at 4 pm, hoping charging starts at 7:30 pm, it starts charging immediately. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.
IMG_0324.jpeg

You are assuming the instructions are in English. They mean the opposite of what you'd first expect. "Scheduled charging" means a time period where charging won't happen.

I feel like I'm being stupid with this scheduled charging. Here is a picture of my charging screen. If I read this right, charging is 'scheduled' to start at 7:30pm. But, it also says immediate charging is between 7:30 am and 7:30 pm. So, if I plug in my charger at 4 pm, hoping charging starts at 7:30 pm, it starts charging immediately. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.
View attachment 10916
As Deane said, Lucid did no one any favors with their wording. You set the time you want it to start charging (7:30 pm?). It will charge for 12 hours from that time (7:30 pm to 7:30 am). This is listed as immediate charging. The other 12 hours is listed and scheduled charging, which (in Lucid speak) means it won't charge until the scheduled time.

Clear as mud!

As Deane said, Lucid did no one any favors with their wording. You set the time you want it to start charging (7:30 pm?). It will charge for 12 hours from that time (7:30 pm to 7:30 am). This is listed as immediate charging. The other 12 hours is listed and scheduled charging, which (in Lucid speak) means it won't charge until the scheduled time.

Clear as mud!
I’m confused. Skywater’s pix shows the opposite, 7:30pm to 7:30am is shown as the scheduled charging period.

I’m confused. Skywater’s pix shows the opposite, 7:30pm to 7:30am is shown as the scheduled charging period.
Lucid chose their labels poorly. 'Scheduled charging' is actually when it's not going to charge. I think they meant for it to mean 'if you plug in during this time period, it won't start charging until your schedule start time.' Hence the 'Immediate charging' label - the car will charge immediately when you plug it in during this period.

Hopefully they fix the wording in the future.

His pix shows that the car will immediately start to charge between 7:30 AM and 7:30 PM. He plugged in at 4:30 and it started charging as it should. I agree that it is confusing.

I think the 2.0.58 update fixed the issue of scheduled charging not working on multiple profiles. I set it up tonight with my wife’s profile. For the first time, I got a notice on the phone that “charging is scheduled.“ It never would do that on her profile before, only mine. I will see in the morning if it actually charged.

His pix shows that the car will immediately start to charge between 7:30 AM and 7:30 PM. He plugged in at 4:30 and it started charging as it should. I agree that it is confusing.
Correct. It was Neurios's comment, "It will charge for 12 hours from that time (7:30 pm to 7:30 am). This is listed as immediate charging." which didn't seem right to me. The time period from 7:30pm to 7:30am is listed in the pix as scheduled charging, not immediate charging. So to me, Lucid's description on the screen actually makes sense...at least to me.

Correct. It was Neurios's comment, "It will charge for 12 hours from that time (7:30 pm to 7:30 am). This is listed as immediate charging." which didn't seem right to me. The time period from 7:30pm to 7:30am is listed in the pix as scheduled charging, not immediate charging. So to me, Lucid's description on the screen actually makes sense...at least to me.
I was not using his screen as my descriptor. It seemed as though @skywaterbanjo wanted to start his charging sessions at 7:30 pm (opposite what was displayed), so my ranges were based on that assumption. Sorry for making a confusing situation even murkier.

Thanks for the help.
View attachment 10916
Hi, your issue is your start time there is set to 7:30AM, not 7:30PM - you can see that in the upper left of that box. If you set it to 7:30PM, then the “immediate charging” window will be 7:30PM-7:30AM, which is what you likely want, and between 7:30AM and 7:30PM it will be scheduled to start at 7:30PM.

So this will charge my car just after midnight and will NOT CHARGE the car even if it is plugged in at like 3PM, correct? My off peak hours are only from 12AM-6AM so I guess there is no way to force it to stop at 6AM? My Chargepoint charger has 12AM-6AM scheduled charging but the Lucid doesn't wake its ass up for it, making the scheduling through the charger worthless when I wake up and see the charge failed. Seems like that needs to be updated in a bad way.

I should also clarify that when I did one overnight charge session that worked because I was up at 12:05 to ensure it started charging, that night it charged the whole 6 hours and still didn't get to the 85% mark I had it set to. This lucid "in-car" scheduled charging will no doubt push the charging into mid peak, more expensive hours unless I never let it get below 30% or so...

Attachments

• 16815772212716825583692813293809.jpg
    16815772212716825583692813293809.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
So this will charge my car just after midnight and will NOT CHARGE the car even if it is plugged in at like 3PM, correct? My off peak hours are only from 12AM-6AM so I guess there is no way to force it to stop at 6AM? My Chargepoint charger has 12AM-6AM scheduled charging but the Lucid doesn't wake its ass up for it, making the scheduling through the charger worthless when I wake up and see the charge failed. Seems like that needs to be updated in a bad way.
Correct. This should work.

It is also to note that the car will NOY stop charging at the end of the schedule. If you plugged it in at noon, the way you have it set, it will begin charging and continue until the limit is reached, not the time. I would like to see that corrected as well as the ability to change the default 12 hours and to have separate weekday/weekend schedules, but I guess that is too much to ask.

It is also to note that the car will NOY stop charging at the end of the schedule. If you plugged it in at noon, the way you have it set, it will begin charging and continue until the limit is reached, not the time. I would like to see that corrected as well as the ability to change the default 12 hours and to have separate weekday/weekend schedules, but I guess that is too much to ask.
You would think it is a very easy thing to implement. Couple more lines of code to be able to choose and enable a charging end time.

Back