New scheduled charging feature -- how is it supposed to work?

You would think it is a very easy thing to implement. Couple more lines of code to be able to choose and enable a charging end time.
I hope they go to that in the future. But it’s never as easy as it seems from the outside. It’s not like programming a computer; adding a few lines of code to a car requires all sorts of government approvals, testing, etc.

i am still having charging issues. The charging stops after 10-15 minutes when the car goes to sleep. It will start charging again once i open the app or go near the car and the process repeats. So every 15-20 minutes, i need to open the app to continue charging. I did everything including resetting, checking if the plug is working correctly, changed scheduled charge to immediately charge, removed the app and reinstalled, deleted my profile , continued with my wife’s profile. But nothing worked. I placed several calls to customer service. No one has a clue as why it is happening. Yesterday finally someone said i will have a service person come to my house to work on it in the next 3 weeks. Its very frustrating. What’s the use of having an EV when it can’t even charge .

👆Anyone else has the same issues i am having with the charging . Any input/suggestions are appreciated . Overall its a great car to drive and I like it’s better than my Tesla in every aspect except the software part. BTW - software has improved a lot compared to when I bought it 7 months ago.

I am also completely infuriated about the home charging situation. I have a Wallbox, and it’s scheduled to go on at 11:55pm since apparently if scheduled charging starts at the same time it has problems (???? My Tesla doesn’t). However, it still doesn’t work - unless I set an alarm to wake up at midnight and manually wake up the car for when scheduled charging starts, it just sits there with “cable connected” and doesn’t take an ounce of charge. If you know the cable is connected why is it not taking charge until I go into the app!?!?

It’s absurd on a car of this sophistication that it can’t take charge. Skipping scheduled charging and just have it plan to take charge when the Wallbox goes on also doesn’t do a thing.

I am also completely infuriated about the home charging situation. I have a Wallbox, and it’s scheduled to go on at 11:55pm since apparently if scheduled charging starts at the same time it has problems (???? My Tesla doesn’t). However, it still doesn’t work - unless I set an alarm to wake up at midnight and manually wake up the car for when scheduled charging starts, it just sits there with “cable connected” and doesn’t take an ounce of charge. If you know the cable is connected why is it not taking charge until I go into the app!?!?

It’s absurd on a car of this sophistication that it can’t take charge. Skipping scheduled charging and just have it plan to take charge when the Wallbox goes on also doesn’t do a thing.
Don’t set the Wallbox for scheduled charging, but rather do it on the car. I think the car needs to see power on the cable when you hook it up for it to work properly. Let me know if that works.

That's what I did last night. I removed the scheduled charging from the Chargepoint flex charger and set it up in the Lucid to charge at 12:05 so it is within my 12AM-6AM cheap rate. It got to my 85% limit about 30 minutes before 6AM cheap rate cut off, but that could be an issue if I was down to 20% before starting the charge. Once Lucid implements an "end time" for scheduled charging, I will be satisfied.

Does it work if you turn off scheduled charging in the Lucid?

Does it work if you turn off scheduled charging in the Lucid?
I just have scheduled charging on in the Lucid and off on the Wallbox. Or you can have it on on the Wallbox and off on the lucid. The important part is not to have it on for both.

That's what I did last night. I removed the scheduled charging from the Chargepoint flex charger and set it up in the Lucid to charge at 12:05 so it is within my 12AM-6AM cheap rate. It got to my 85% limit about 30 minutes before 6AM cheap rate cut off, but that could be an issue if I was down to 20% before starting the charge. Once Lucid implements an "end time" for scheduled charging, I will be satisfied.
Why do you set the charge limit to 85%? 80% is the recommended limit for daily driving.

Why do you set the charge limit to 85%? 80% is the recommended limit for daily driving.
I don't think the 5% difference will hurt much but it will give just that much more mileage before needing to charge. I know other manufacturers like Rivian recommend 85% as a good limit. As long as I'm not consistently going to 100% I'm safe.

I don't think the 5% difference will hurt much but it will give just that much more mileage before needing to charge. I know other manufacturers like Rivian recommend 85% as a good limit. As long as I'm not consistently going to 100% I'm safe.
Every EV model is designed differently - battery chemistry, amount of buffer at top and bottom, etc. I would use Lucid's specific recommendations and not pay too much attention to those of other manufacturers.

Don’t set the Wallbox for scheduled charging, but rather do it on the car. I think the car needs to see power on the cable when you hook it up for it to work properly. Let me know if that works.

That’s why I have the schedule set to start before the Lucid starts - the issue is I need an end time as well as that circuit has a number of other items on it that I want to protect for load reasons (even though it should work, I just want extra safety). If the schedule start on the Wallbox is before the Lucid starts its process, isn’t that effectively the same as no schedule on the Wallbox…?

Hmm, nonetheless, I’ll turn off the schedule charging entirely and see if that changes it this evening.

Lucid recommends using either the timer on the car, or on the charging station, but not both. There seem to an issue with the car understanding a charger that is connected but not delivering power.

Lucid recommends using either the timer on the car, or on the charging station, but not both. There seem to an issue with the car understanding a charger that is connected but not delivering power.

Right - which is why I set the timer to not start simultaneously, but rather to be “alive” when the lucid charging kicks in. Regardless, I’ll try it fully off and just have to shut it off tomorrow morning until they fix this ridiculous 12 hour block … if it even works.

Right - which is why I set the timer to not start simultaneously, but rather to be “alive” when the lucid charging kicks in. Regardless, I’ll try it fully off and just have to shut it off tomorrow morning until they fix this ridiculous 12 hour block … if it even works.
The confusion may begin when you connect the car to the charger, not hours later when one or the other tries to start charging. I don't know - but many others have tried and backed off to either using the car's timer or the charger's, but not both.

Thanks to the forum members - I was able to get the car to charge by removing the schedule entirely. Separate from whether this should be an issue, at least I can actually drive the car without waking up at midnight to wake the car :p

i am still having charging issues. The charging stops after 10-15 minutes when the car goes to sleep. It will start charging again once i open the app or go near the car and the process repeats. So every 15-20 minutes, i need to open the app to continue charging. I did everything including resetting, checking if the plug is working correctly, changed scheduled charge to immediately charge, removed the app and reinstalled, deleted my profile , continued with my wife’s profile. But nothing worked. I placed several calls to customer service. No one has a clue as why it is happening. Yesterday finally someone said i will have a service person come to my house to work on it in the next 3 weeks. Its very frustrating. What’s the use of having an EV when it can’t even charge .

What brand/model charger are you using ?

Thank you all for your inputs. My charging issues resolved now. Apparently its the Nema plug point issue and has nothing to do with Lucid. I changed my plug points again and it worked now.

What brand/model charger are you using ?
1681993108978.jpeg

I was using this

Back