New scheduled charging feature -- how is it supposed to work?

I have a Juice Box charger. Up until say three weeks to month or so ago, the scheduled charging worked in spite of the silly/confusing wording Lucid chose. Since one of the last updates, I can not get the car to charge using the charging schedule. It sends a message to my phone that “charging is scheduled”. However, it will not wake up and charge. It seems, along with finding the most confusing way to word a simple process, one of the recent updates may have caused a bug with my scheduled charging. I have had the Service Center look into it. They don’t have a solution to get it to charge “on schedule” either. It was nice for the short time it worked. I hope they figure this out.

I have a Juice Box charger. Up until say three weeks to month or so ago, the scheduled charging worked in spite of the silly/confusing wording Lucid chose. Since one of the last updates, I can not get the car to charge using the charging schedule. It sends a message to my phone that “charging is scheduled”. However, it will not wake up and charge. It seems, along with finding the most confusing way to word a simple process, one of the recent updates may have caused a bug with my scheduled charging. I have had the Service Center look into it. They don’t have a solution to get it to charge “on schedule” either. It was nice for the short time it worked. I hope they figure this out.
Hi, @DryFLyGuy.

Thanks for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

Happy to see lucid official team is watching this forums and personally reaching out to us to solve any issues we have

I finally had a 50 Amp circuit installed with the NEMA 14-50 outlet today. And I also finally understand how weird and confusing the wording is for scheduled charging. Why on earth is it limited to 12 hour blocks?? I'd like to just schedule from 1 AM to 7 AM or something. Doesn't seem that complicated. Obviously I know nothing about how complicated the process is. But the idea is perfectly straightforward. It's almost like they just rushed out the feature to say they have it without putting a ton of thought into it

... It's almost like they just rushed out the feature to say they have it without putting a ton of thought into it
Agreed. It's currenty in the "better than nothing" category.

I have the Lucid wall charger installed in my garage and programmed my scheduled starting time from the car and it has worked every single time at the time I set it to start charging.

I have the Lucid wall charger installed in my garage and programmed my scheduled starting time from the car and it has worked every single time at the time I set it to start charging.
Same here.

Hi, @DryFLyGuy.

Thanks for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.
I am experiencing the same issue. Also using a Juice box. Could you share that note with me too please?

For background, I tried using just the juice box scheduling, and not the car, but the car wouldn’t wake up at midnight when the Juicebox had power available, then I switched to just the car, (12:05am-12:05pm) but turned off the juicebox between 3:00pm and 8:00pm because my power is horrendously expensive during that period. The last thing I want is to come into the garage at, say 11:30am (during the “immediate charging period”), and have it continue to charge into the 3:00pm - 8:00pm period.

So now I learned that if I plug my car in between 3:00pm and 8:00pm, I won’t charge at night, because the car didn’t see any power available.

This is a mess TBH. I love love love my Lucids, but I owned several Tesla MSs over 8 years and I never had to juggle so many balls to charge the car. Its scheduled charging just worked, either from the car, the charger, or both. This can’t be that complicated can it?

I am experiencing the same issue. Also using a Juice box. Could you share that note with me too please?

For background, I tried using just the juice box scheduling, and not the car, but the car wouldn’t wake up at midnight when the Juicebox had power available, then I switched to just the car, (12:05am-12:05pm) but turned off the juicebox between 3:00pm and 8:00pm because my power is horrendously expensive during that period. The last thing I want is to come into the garage at, say 11:30am (during the “immediate charging period”), and have it continue to charge into the 3:00pm - 8:00pm period.

So now I learned that if I plug my car in between 3:00pm and 8:00pm, I won’t charge at night, because the car didn’t see any power available.

This is a mess TBH. I love love love my Lucids, but I owned several Tesla MSs over 8 years and I never had to juggle so many balls to charge the car. Its scheduled charging just worked, either from the car, the charger, or both. This can’t be that complicated can it?
How do you turn off the juice box? Try using the car charging schedule not the juice box scheduling. Plug in juice box during the off schedule. It should charge at the scheduled time. This works with Lucid charger and it is always on.

How do you turn off the juice box? Try using the car charging schedule not the juice box scheduling. Plug in juice box during the off schedule. It should charge at the scheduled time. This works with Lucid charger and it is always on.
By “turning off the Juice Box” I mean that I use its scheduling feature to disable it during the high cost period, for reasons I mentioned above. I am pretty sure everything would work fine if I keep the Juice Box active at all times, but I would also end up with a sky high electricity bill because the car can only schedule active times for a full 12 hours, and won’t immediately shut off when that 12 hour window expires (it waits until charging is complete). Here is what I think should be done:

1. Allow a scheduled start and/or a scheduled end
2. Only check power is available at the schedule start time

Alternatively, have the car wake up if there is a transition from no power to power at the charge port.

Make sense?

I have ChargePoint charger. How to set the scheduled charging? Does the car have this feature, or I have to set up scheduled charging from ChargePoint?
Thanks

If I leave my Lucid charger plugged into the outlet at all times, does it affect the life of the charger?

I have ChargePoint charger. How to set the scheduled charging? Does the car have this feature, or I have to set up scheduled charging from ChargePoint?
Thanks
Lucid Airs do have charge scheduling - a 12-hour window. Don't schedule charging on your Chargepoint with the Air..

If I leave my Lucid charger plugged into the outlet at all times, does it affect the life of the charger?
It's actually safer to leave it plugged in at all times rather than unplugging it daily. Residential outlets are not designed to handle frequent plugging and unplugging.

What a disappointment! I use scheduled charging on my Tesla every day and it couldn’t be easier. Set the charge (or departure) time and it charges at the specified time. On the Lucid, you set a charge time, get the confusing message about a 12 hour window, and them it doesn’t charge at all. Teo steps forward, one step back.
Mitch,
Took delivery of my Air GT two days ago. Had Omera install Lucid home charger. Plugged in and...nothing. Doesn't appear to be charging at all. Range is actually dropping. Like others, the scheduled charging was ignored with a warning msg saying there was a cable fault, disengage cable and retry or install another cable. Please. Lastly, After taking delivery, upon arriving at home, the driver's door latch soft close ceased working. Next day took it back to Lucid. They know about this problem and must install a new part in the door mechanism. This problem is so prevalent and their repair backlog is so great that they cannot get to it until mid-January. However, the head of repair, was able to do some sort of reboot on the spot which seems to have temporarily fixed the problem.

I see these minor irritations as just part of what we early adapters must deal with. Tesla had the same problems in the early years. Lucid will surmount them with patience on our part. Problem is that we former Tesla owners are used to a pretty high bar. Probably an unreasonable expectation for such a young company. I keep reminding myself that patience is a virtue.

--Chris

...Like others, the scheduled charging was ignored with a warning msg saying there was a cable fault, disengage cable and retry or install another cable.
...After taking delivery, upon arriving at home, the driver's door latch soft close ceased working.

Does your new charger work with scheduled charging turned off?
I had the same issue with my Driver's door soft close on day two. It went away on its own later that day and hasn't happened again in the 14 months since.

Thanks
I have a charge point and I only use the car to schedule the charging or the app but never directly from the charge point app cause frankly I've never needed to. It's just worked flawless from either lucid's app or the car itself. Hope this helps

Took delivery today of a touring. Had a grand touring loaner too. Car won't wake up at the scheduled time to start charging with my juicebox. If I open the app it wakes up in the scheduling period then it starts charging. If the car is unlocked and awake it will start charging in the scheduling window. Also there is no stop charging time. Either the charging system is too complicated to simply have it start charging when plugged in, or lucid developers haven't experienced charging on literally every other ev/phev out there. I think the former. Both gt and touring had this issue, both updated to most recent software.
Thoughts?

Back