New scheduled charging feature -- how is it supposed to work?

What’s the point of this ‘predetermined window’ where the owner can’t charge? Can that window be changed by the user?

It appears nobody can get the headline feature to work. Weird.
Got the new update last night, and decided to try it this morning. Set scheduled start time to 12:00 AM, and it displays "Scheduled charging 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM", and "Immediate charging 12:00 AM to 12:00 PM". I understood that to mean -- if you plug it in any time between midnight and noon, it will start charging immediately, and between noon and midnight, it will wait until midnight to charge.

This made perfect sense, but it doesn't work. I plugged the car in at about 7:00 AM, and it did _not_ start charging (charge port light was white). It only started when I turned off the schedule.

Is there a method to this madness? 12:00 AM _is_ midnight, isn't it?
What a disappointment! I use scheduled charging on my Tesla every day and it couldn’t be easier. Set the charge (or departure) time and it charges at the specified time. On the Lucid, you set a charge time, get the confusing message about a 12 hour window, and them it doesn’t charge at all. Teo steps forward, one step back.

please also see other posting of this same topic.

Appreciate you all sharing your experience with Scheduling Charging

Didn't work for me, either. Simple Clipper Creek station. Changed the "scheduled" window to 8 pm - 8 am, plugged in at 4 pm, got the "cable connected" message in the app and white lights on the charger. Did not charge overnight. Turned off the "schedule" toggle on the car and it started charging right away.

Can confirm it doesn’t work with my Tesla charger and Tesla tap. Hopefully fixed very soon.

Greetings all. I wanted to share that the team is aware of this and has been actively working on it. An OTA update is being prepared (2.0.55) and will be pushed out this evening to a few folks that reported issues (including those @mcr16 reached out to for more info) and then the rest of the fleet beginning tomorrow. If there are any other significant updates on this topic I'll share them here.

Thanks, as always. Very appreciative of the real-time feedback from the community.

Greetings all. I wanted to share that the team is aware of this and has been actively working on it. An OTA update is being prepared (2.0.55) and will be pushed out this evening to a few folks that reported issues (including those @mcr16 reached out to for more info) and then the rest of the fleet beginning tomorrow. If there are any other significant updates on this topic I'll share them here.

Thanks, as always. Very appreciative of the real-time feedback from the community.
That was fast. And over the weekend, which is a holiday weekend too. Thanks!

What a disappointment! I use scheduled charging on my Tesla every day and it couldn’t be easier. Set the charge (or departure) time and it charges at the specified time. On the Lucid, you set a charge time, get the confusing message about a 12 hour window, and them it doesn’t charge at all. Teo steps forward, one step back.
Same problem here. Did not change last night using my ChargePoint charger.

Couple posts up it was addressed. It’ll be coming out via OTA 2.0.55 to fix this issue. Should be in the next couple of days as it rolls out.

I was delighted that Scheduled Charging was part of the update! However, like many of you, I was confused when I tried the feature this morning. I expected the charging to start at 9 a.m., but it didn't. So, I disabled Scheduled Charging by sliding the button off, and it started charging. Hmm. I'm attaching some photos of the sequence.
ScheduledCharge1.jpg

"Immediate Charging 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM" - what does that mean? I can't charge except in that window??
And why can't I set "Scheduled Charging" to be something other than 12 hours offset from "Immediate"??

Attachments

• ScheduledCharge2.jpg
    ScheduledCharge2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 68
  • ScheduledCharge3.jpg
    ScheduledCharge3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 76
  • ScheduledCharge4.jpg
    ScheduledCharge4.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 80
Yep @Silkrip they know. OTA is coming soon to fix it, they spent all weekend working on it.

Yaay! 2.0.55 fixed the problem. Being able to schedule my charging during off-peak hours was near the top of my wish list. Now, if we could just get Apple Car Play, I'd be a happy camper.

Oy, I thought we were out of the woods. I’m out of town, but will set my ChargePoint scheduler when I get back and will see if it works. Maybe this update is more intended to support 3rd party schedulers? The problem I was having was that when I plugged in with my scheduler on, the car was expecting a charge and sent error messages when it didn’t receive it. It would make sense that this OTA would fix that by going to sleep and only waking when a 3rd party charger wakes it up inside the scheduled hours. We will see.
I think you will find that you need to wake up your Lucid after the scheduled start time on your charger. In my case, electricity rates drop after 7 pm so I have that as the start time for my charger. If I plug in before 7 pm I get an error and have to remember to wake up the car after 7. A bit of a pain to go through but not insurmountable. No idea if the Lucid scheduler will help this situation.

I think you will find that you need to wake up your Lucid after the scheduled start time on your charger. In my case, electricity rates drop after 7 pm so I have that as the start time for my charger. If I plug in before 7 pm I get an error and have to remember to wake up the car after 7. A bit of a pain to go through but not insurmountable. No idea if the Lucid scheduler will help this situation.
It works very well for me because I have a TOU plan and only charge after midnight. I think it is more appropriate to call this release delayed charging, rather than scheduled charging. Hopefully we get scheduled charging soon for those who aren’t limited by TOU plans. I consider it an excellent down payment.

The car's charge timer works well as of the .55 release. For now you could turn off charge timer function on your EVSE and use the car's scheduler instead.

You should update to 2.0.55. This is fixed.

I would like to see more customizable times, why only 12 hour blocks? Why can't I tell my car to charge 10am to 3pm if plugged in? This is useless to me. My super off peak hours are 10am to 3pm. If i tell car to start charging 10am it will go on past my off peak hour into peak hours.

Come on Lucid software programmers, use your brains!

Back