New Lucid Air Option Prices (Touring/Pure Trims)​

• Cosmo Silver exterior color now $1,000 up from $800
  • Quantum Gray exterior color now $1,000 up from $800
  • Zenith Red exterior color now $1,000 up from $800
  • Glass Canopy now $4,500 up from $4,000
  • 21″ Aero Blade wheels now $2,000 up from $1,500
  • DreamDrive Pro now $10,000 up from $9,000
  • Surreal Sound Pro now $4,000 up from $2,900

Price are getting out of hand. Will be hard for Lucid to attract many new buyers, at least my opinion with prices going up so much. Especially, as most will think it is an unproven brand or have not even heard of it.

Price are getting out of hand. Will be hard for Lucid to attract many new buyers, at least my opinion with prices going up so much. Especially, as most will think it is an unproven brand or have not even heard of it.
Not sure, these are still 100k cars, so those rich enough to buy them, might not care too much?

I hope this means that they are about to release an epic OTA update, including some Dream Drive Pro integration. Otherwise, it would be an untimely increase. The higher the price, the less patient people will be with the current software glitches.

The audio price increase seems heafty...
I agree. But if you're the rare sort of person who cares about surround sound in your car, I'm guessing price is not too much of a deterrent. This may be a "whatever the market will bear" sort of thing.

Whoa! My Touring as configured jumped from $111700 to $126900. Glad I reserved last November. I’m sure additional price hikes are coming!

Not sure, these are still 100k cars, so those rich enough to buy them, might not care too much?
Maybe, although I am wealthy enough and do care. :)

I just don’t see how the market can stand EV cars that expensive, include Tesla Model S/X. Especially a new EV maker that does not have a following that a Tesla has yet. It takes a long time to develop that. I have a refresh Model S LR and no way would I pay the price Tesla is asking for it now. Good for current owners, but not for prospective ones, which Lucid will need.

Also - there is no way components have gone up that much to raise prices so much and option prices. Not like we are talking about a Bentley/Roll Royce, etc. Lol.

When eggs are $4/dozen, I don't doubt that these components are more expensive....

When eggs are $4/dozen, I don't doubt that these components are more expensive....
Ha - comparing eggs to components. No way should stereo go up so much, or Dream system that is not even ready yet. Just saying this is not an established company, they need to watch out or their prices increases could stop them dead in their tracks.

Shop local farms for eggs and no where near 4 dollar a dozen, at least in NE Ohio area. :) Article into today’s WSJ states grocery stores are pushing back on price increases now too, as they feel that producers are taking advantage of the situation. Have costs gone up, sure, but I think a lot of these are being manipulated artificially high throughout the market place. Why would energy producers have record profits, etc…

It will be interesting to see if the reservations come to a grinding halt. Given everyone is being forced to update pricing to some extent it may not be a huge impact but yeah, the audio price increase seems extremely hefty at just under 30%. Increasing the price and asking people to pay for DreamDrive Pro when it's not even delivered is also a tough pill to swallow. Lucid should be focused on getting basic functionality like lane centering etc. turned on before even attempting to increase the price.

Ha - comparing eggs to components. No way should stereo go up so much, or Dream system that is not even ready yet. Just saying this is not an established company, they need to watch out or their prices increases could stop them dead in their tracks.

Shop local farms for eggs and no where near 4 dollar a dozen, at least in NE Ohio area. :) Article into today’s WSJ states grocery stores are pushing back on price increases now too, as they feel that producers are taking advantage of the situation. Have costs gone up, sure, but I think a lot of these are being manipulated artificially high throughout the market place. Why would energy producers have record profits, etc…
Like everything else for a new company, it's a balancing act. Component shortages and production issues means fewer deliveries in the short term. Which means less income. Maximizing each transaction makes some sense—to an extent. Push it too far, and yeah, you end up turning a lot of people away. But given they have 30k reservations (with the old price locked in) and can only maybe produce 10k of them this year (if they are lucky) there's little risk in losing new reservations for a short while over price hikes. They can always drop the prices later and make people feel like they are getting a "deal."

They can always drop the prices later and make people feel like they are getting a "deal."
This will be the interesting thing. Will Lucid and others drop the prices when things stabilize or will they keep the new pricing because people have accepted it.......

Like everything else for a new company, it's a balancing act. Component shortages and production issues means fewer deliveries in the short term. Which means less income. Maximizing each transaction makes some sense—to an extent. Push it too far, and yeah, you end up turning a lot of people away. But given they have 30k reservations (with the old price locked in) and can only maybe produce 10k of them this year (if they are lucky) there's little risk in losing new reservations for a short while over price hikes. They can always drop the prices later and make people feel like they are getting a "deal."
Realistically, the price hikes don't mean anything. Anyone shopping for a car prior to this would have seen/researched the Air already and should have put in a placeholder reservation. Anyone new coming in, that's just the timing and since everyone has already pushed their prices up, it's still in line with the industry, as long as you are willing to take the leap of faith with a new company

New Lucid Air Base Prices​

• Grand Touring is now $154,000 up from $139,000
  • Touring is now $107,400 up from $95,000
  • Pure is now $87,400 up from $77,400

These price increases are almost exactly the size of the price increases Rivian announced a couple of months ago. The R1S I had configured jumped from $78,000 to $92,000. And the Model S Plaid we bought in August 2021 would now cost $12,000 more for the same configuration.

These price increases are almost exactly the size of the price increases Rivian announced a couple of months ago. The R1S I had configured jumped from $78,000 to $92,000. And the Model S Plaid we bought in August 2021 would now cost $12,000 more for the same configuration.
I don't think the price increases are outrageous and seem inline with what others are doing but with 2 recalls under its belt and struggling to ramp up production it may make people look elsewhere.

One way to look at it is that anyone with a Lucid (and Rivian) and pre-price increase reservation has an appreciating asset! (JK) ... but at the moment car vehicle prices are crazy (new and ESPECIALLY used). I just sold my 3 year old Telluride to CarMax for $1500 MORE than what I paid for it in 2019 (including sales tax and registration). I've been monitoring the CarMax site and today, the vehicle sold for $10K MORE than what they paid me (took about a week)! This market isn't sustainable forever, but manufactures (and used car dealers) are going to gorge for as long as they can (unfortunately). In Lucid's case, like Rivian, they probably underestimated to cost of manufacturing and ramp up.

I don't think the price increases are outrageous and seem inline with what others are doing but with 2 recalls under its belt and struggling to ramp up production it may make people look elsewhere.

I just did a quick internet search to see which EVs have had recalls in the past year:

Lucid Air (2)

Mercedes EQS (2)

VW ID.4 (2)

Tesla Model S

Rivian R1T

GMC Hummer EV

Chevrolet Bolt

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Kia EV6

It would be very hard to purchase an EV that has not been the subject of a recent recall.

I just did a quick internet search to see which EVs have had recalls in the past year:

Lucid Air (2)

Mercedes EQS (2)

VW ID.4 (2)

Tesla Model S

Rivian R1T

GMC Hummer EV

Chevrolet Bolt

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Kia EV6

It would be very hard to purchase an EV that has not been the subject of a recent recall.
Add in the Model 3 wiring one also, or was that last year?

Add in the Model 3 wiring one also, or was that last year?
That was early this year. And I still haven't gotten a notice from them that the part has arrived to fix it, either. So far, they've just told me to sit tight and wait.

Just driving around, waiting for my backup camera to break.

Back