New Prices Live - Including Options...

I don't know....I went ahead and entered the "binding agreement" with Fisker this AM. Per the fine print, our agreement is binding---but if I default their sole remedy is keeping my $250 deposit (i.e no specific performance). Whether this arrangement is what the Act (and the IRC) contemplates as a "binding agreement" only time will tell---but it only costs me 250 to find out, and I'd probably roll the dice to the tune $1000 with Lucid in the same way.

Frankly, I doubt it will work. But if there exists already a clear tax court case or Rev Ruling saying it doesn't work, I also doubt Fisker's law firm would advise them to suggest a sham solution (maybe wishful thinking here).

Anyway--anyone filing a 2023 return with >300k income AND claiming the 7500 credit is probably begging to get audited!
Given how many people on this forum have accused Lucid of “lying” about their production estimates, etc. I think they are way better off just forgetting the tax credit ever existed. They have enough pissed off customers already. And they are building a Luxury brand. Just my take.

Given how many people on this forum have accused Lucid of “lying” about their production estimates, etc. I think they are way better off just forgetting the tax credit ever existed. They have enough pissed off customers already. And they are building a Luxury brand. Just my take.
I get your point---it'll be interesting to see which way they go. (PW seems a much different personality type than the guy running Fisker)

Lucid already ditched the tax credit on their pricing, as they used to include it with an asterisk saying after $7500 federal tax credit. Now if you try to reserve the car it gives you the full price, then lists the -$7500 as possible.

I don't know....I went ahead and entered the "binding agreement" with Fisker this AM. Per the fine print, our agreement is binding---but if I default their sole remedy is keeping my $250 deposit (i.e no specific performance). Whether this arrangement is what the Act (and the IRC) contemplates as a "binding agreement" only time will tell---but it only costs me 250 to find out, and I'd probably roll the dice to the tune $1000 with Lucid in the same way.

Frankly, I doubt it will work. But if there exists already a clear tax court case or Rev Ruling saying it doesn't work, I also doubt Fisker's law firm would advise them to suggest a sham solution (maybe wishful thinking here).

Anyway--anyone filing a 2023 return with >300k income AND claiming the 7500 credit is probably begging to get audited!
BINDING, that means Fisker is OBLIGATED to produce regardless of future raw materials cost and inflation. I think Lucid is wise not to bind.

Last month Fisker already requested 5k non-refundable deposits for Ocean One. Given Fisker’s low liquidity and past bankruptcy record, I would be cautious about their commitment. But it is just 250, not so much to risk to get that tax credit.

I just did a quick internet search to see which EVs have had recalls in the past year:

Lucid Air (2)

Mercedes EQS (2)

VW ID.4 (2)

Tesla Model S

Rivian R1T

GMC Hummer EV

Chevrolet Bolt

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Kia EV6

It would be very hard to purchase an EV that has not been the subject of a recent recall.

I just did a quick internet search to see which EVs have had recalls in the past year:

Lucid Air (2)

Mercedes EQS (2)

VW ID.4 (2)

Tesla Model S

Rivian R1T

GMC Hummer EV

Chevrolet Bolt

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Kia EV6

It would be very hard to purchase an EV that has not been the subject of a recent recall.
Audi Eton Gt. No recalls

Audi Eton Gt. No recalls
Should look back to 2019/2020 for Taycan and eTron GT given they share the same platform and the platform was new at that time. Most of the models you list above are on a new platform so hiccups are to be expected.

I got the same email...If you read it closely Fisker isn't taking the position this locks in the tax tax credit they say it "may" work).
Now it will be interesting to see if we get 7.5k tax credit on Lucid and Fisker. I placed "orders" on both. At the time we file taxes next year we would not have paid for the car. Can we claim credit on the basis of a "binding" agreement to buy even though we did not yet pay for the car or do we have to pre pay for it without delivery. Totally uncharted territory.

Now it will be interesting to see if we get 7.5k tax credit on Lucid and Fisker. I placed "orders" on both. At the time we file taxes next year we would not have paid for the car. Can we claim credit on the basis of a "binding" agreement to buy even though we did not yet pay for the car or do we have to pre pay for it without delivery. Totally uncharted territory.
We still need to make the final purchase of the vehicle to claim the credit. An agreement made before the bill is signed but delivered in 2023 would have to claim the $7500 credit on their 2023 return when filing in 2024.

Back