New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said I was losing sleep over it? The moment you call Lucid out you seem to get hauled over the coals for it. I don't think it's too much to ask for realistic statements when it comes to much needed improvements on the performance and reliability of the software. Teasing for weeks and not delivering is a poor marketing strategy.

I'll shut up now because "we all should know what we got ourselves into"
No, that was just my commentary on how the post was interpreted by me and no disrespect to you.

Just to get an idea of promises made and promises kept this is a very interesting thread on the Tesla forum on the promises of FSD. BTW - I did pay my $10K and never got a chance to use FSD before I sold the car. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/fsd-timeline-promises-summary.235180/. To be fair, I believe that Lucid is moving a lot faster on their software than Tesla ever did, given the same timeframe.

For me, at some point, it just resembles one of Aesop’s Fables, #210 to be exact.

I look forward to the release and am excited about what it may entail, but it gets here when it gets here.

If they are using ”soon” to try and rev up my excitement, that ship has sailed.

For me, at some point, it just resembles one of Aesop’s Fables, #210 to be exact.

I look forward to the release and am excited about what it may entail, but it gets here when it gets here.
Only time will tell with Lucid, however in Tesla's case with FSD it certainly is a good analogy, yet people, including myself, keep paying for the promise of FSD (not beta).

I WANT MY SOFTWARE NOW AND ALSO DONT WANT IT NOW SO THEY CAN WAIT TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS.

I think what I really want, is when their software development team deems the features are stable enough to be released, then they should release them, and if problems are identified, then they should release an update to fix them. Does that mean I’m making excuses for Lucid, or am I being impatient and demanding? Those are the only two choices, the world is black and white with no possibilities in between!

Wow, lot's of angst. I have set my (software) expectations much lower than most others, I expect, so as I see some of the incremental changes, I count it a win. I guess I rationalize that I paid for the hardware.

Do you know what makes me smile? The Adaptive Cruise Control has not slammed on the brakes while I'm going 70 mph on the highway for no apparent reason - not once. I have functioning cruise control! My next hoped-for leap will be the lane-centering, but it will show up in due time (as I enjoy the ride). Yes, the lack of stable connectivity is annoying, but again.. the ride. I'm hoping Santa is good to all of us this year, and I'm grateful to all you Lucid Elves that are sharing all your knowledge about the car as it evolves to newbies like me.

Even that is too slow. They should be able to push to every car made in a day. For one they need to go back and use the old Windows technique download a small packet to alert you and the download then starts. I get this warranty thing but it can't be that hard to send out files the size of a cute cat video in a text message.
True but I am still in the world of traditional car companies (BMW) and over the air updates are nonexistent. I will take this method over that any time.

Wow, lot's of angst. I have set my (software) expectations much lower than most others, I expect, so as I see some of the incremental changes, I count it a win. I guess I rationalize that I paid for the hardware.

Do you know what makes me smile? The Adaptive Cruise Control has not slammed on the brakes while I'm going 70 mph on the highway for no apparent reason - not once. I have functioning cruise control! My next hoped-for leap will be the lane-centering, but it will show up in due time (as I enjoy the ride). Yes, the lack of stable connectivity is annoying, but again.. the ride. I'm hoping Santa is good to all of us this year, and I'm grateful to all you Lucid Elves that are sharing all your knowledge about the car as it evolves to newbies like me.
You nailed it. All of the very early adopter on here have made my life sooooooo much easier , because they had to dig deep and solve problems that I can search for in this forum. It’s like a big fat Lucid encyclopedia with a bunch of IT experts and a few grumpy bastards thrown in to make things spicy. .

Do you know what makes me smile? The Adaptive Cruise Control has not slammed on the brakes while I'm going 70 mph on the highway for no apparent reason - not once.
I had to laugh at this one. It has happened many times on certain overpasses that I drove towards in my Tesla. Only one close rear end - who knows what the people behind me thought.

I WANT MY SOFTWARE NOW AND ALSO DONT WANT IT NOW SO THEY CAN WAIT TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS.

I think what I really want, is when their software development team deems the features are stable enough to be released, then they should release them, and if problems are identified, then they should release an update to fix them. Does that mean I’m making excuses for Lucid, or am I being impatient and demanding? Those are the only two choices, the world is black and white with no possibilities in between!

This is me re: the “big” software update:

You are singing my song on the phantom braking. I have to keep reassuring my wife that when our Touring arrives next year, we'll finally be able to use cruise control again.

Some people complain about the lack of communication regaurding what is forthcoming. Many of those same people complain when Lucid communicates about what is forthcoming.

Well, if you are referring to my comments, I was told I would get my grey car “soon” for months. I was then told I would get my car “soon” when I received my VIN, just before “enhanced PDI”, which added 6-8 weeks. So, excuse me if “soon” seems rather nebulous and I find it hard to get too excited about “soon”. As I said above, I look forward to the upgrade/enhancement, I am just resolved to an attitude of “it gets here when it gets here“ and I am not going to get as excited as I have in the past. Lucid’s definition of “soon” has not really matched my definition in the past.

I needed the Nav around Chapel Hill as I have never really spent any time there and we were staying in an entirely different area than when we dropped my son off 6 weeks ago. It was funny though and I really had to laugh. I was in the parking lot picking him up Sunday am and put the hotel address back in to take him to see his mother. For some reason, the two roads out of his dorm area do not link to the main roads, so the NAV had my taking U turns in the parking lot and going around in a circle. Luckily, we only did that once, but it was funny. The time on Saturday it did this, it lost the car and had me in some neighborhood when I was in downtown Chapel Hill. My wife was not impressed. Luckily, she just went to her phone.
Chapel Hill was confusing to get around when I went there. It's even more confusing these days, but it's definitely a great campus. On the subject of Nav though, I just don't do enough drives that require it. It is nice that I don't have to pay $99 with Uconnect to get updated maps. And I definitely agree with @dawktah LucidGT that software in cars has never been a big part of my experience, and I'm just shy of 50 (definitely an early b-day gift to myself @Tesla2.0.

Overall, I can (mostly) listen to music and the few times I've need nav, it's worked. Beyond that, I really don't pay too much attention to it bc I'm too busy making sure I'm not driving too fast.

I think it's a bit more vexing: surely they wouldn't release software they knew wasn't stable..so the fact they thought it was, and it turned out not to be, is concerning. It raises doubts whether the same team can actually fix it...esp when they seem unable to bake in years-old stuff like CarPlay, SXM, etc.

How tolerant any individual should be of the "glitches" is very subjective. A lot of owners here have had Teslas, and should be taken at their word that they saw all this coming (been there/done that). I also think it's very fair for those who've never owned an EV to feel suckered into being a beta-tester.

Many will disagree, but my sense (a not-yet-owner) is that they rushed to market before the product was ready...wouldn't be the first time, esp in the tech space

Customers can deal with product issues, as long as there is transparency in communication with the issues from the company producing the product.

All companies have issues, and enhance their products regularly. The best companies communicate with their customers openly and freely, and solicit feedback from their customers as often as they can.

I think there is one thing that we all can do agree on here. Lucid could do better with customer communication in areas such as known issues, update release notes, and the company's future product roadmap.

In the long run, Lucid will be judged by how well the company communicates with its customers, just as much as companies engineering is judged.

I think it's a bit more vexing: surely they wouldn't release software they knew wasn't stable..so the fact they thought it was, and it turned out not to be, is concerning. It raises doubts whether the same team can actually fix it...esp when they seem unable to bake in years-old stuff like CarPlay, SXM, etc.

How tolerant any individual should be of the "glitches" is very subjective. A lot of owners here have had Teslas, and should be taken at their word that they saw all this coming (been there/done that). I also think it's very fair for those who've never owned an EV to feel suckered into being a beta-tester.

Many will disagree, but my sense (a not-yet-owner) is that they rushed to market before the product was ready...wouldn't be the first time, esp in the tech space
It’s not the same team. They’ve alluded to this being a big rewrite (no longer a VM, etc) to “get it right” this time, and they’ve shaken up the software teams significantly.

It’s not the same team. They’ve alluded to this being a big rewrite (no longer a VM, etc) to “get it right” this time, and they’ve shaken up the software teams significantly.
Then let's hope Different + Better....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back