New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i'm getting sick of the "in the coming weeks" and "soon" tweets. Lucid also knows that the software has been a thorn in our sides and yet leave us to find snippets on Twitter of what's coming. How hard would it have been to send an email saying "Coming in (month)" and showing the changes. If it truly is a major revamp and adding new features etc. then the least they could do is notify owners via an official email. It seems Jeff Curry thinks his tweets represent official marketing material often with blurry images to go with them....
Lucid has shown that "soon" can mean anywhere from a few days to several months. Is the tease meant to placate or excite? For me, my reaction is just "meh". There are too many instances in my personal experience with Lucid to get excited about "soon".

I just think of it as two different beasts. The marketing machine, is there to promote and create excitement and it's doing a good job. Why would any company come out and advertise any "shortcomings."

The customer service and communication side could improve. Like, why not send an email at the same time, to current owners or soon to be owners to let them know that these new features are coming. And maybe even address certain concerns (if valid) that are circulating on these forums.
You could easily spin is as "you spoke and we listened. Here's what's coming to improve your daily driving experience with many more things to come in the future......" They don't need to write "sorry about the piece of shit we provided, here's the fix" LOL.

When Curry tweets it, it was within a week last time.

When Curry tweets it, it was within a week last time.
Nope. He tweeted about the "BIG" update at the beginning of September. Still nothing........

The other updates this month don't address what he was referring to either.

Lucid has shown that "soon" can mean anywhere from a few days to several months. Is the tease meant to placate or excite? For me, my reaction is just "meh". There are too many instances in my personal experience with Lucid to get excited about "soon".
It means it’s coming within a few weeks, at the maximum.

looks like anot
It means it’s coming within a few weeks, at the maximum.
few months more like it. The guy tweeted this back on August 24th and one month on we're still waiting for this "dramatic" boot time improvement.......

1664225107408.png

looks like anot

few months more like it. The guy tweeted this back on August 24th and one month on we're still waiting for this "dramatic" boot time improvement.......

View attachment 4972
Actually, he said satellite maps coming this week which it came soon after but said boot time improvement over the coming weeks.

looks like anot

View attachment 4972
The one he tweeted about did show up very quickly; that tweet was about satellite maps and traffic layers. “Coming weeks” does not necessarily mean less than a month.

This one is coming down the pipe very soon, meaning in the next few weeks, by my read of Twitter and elsewhere.

looks like anot

View attachment 4972

As I have posted the boot time improvement has been made! Once you have gotten in the car and have driven if you stop, get out of the car and the car locks it goes into a "light sleep." When you come back, like you have picked up take-out, the screens come on almost instantly.

As I have posted the boot time improvement has been made! Once you have gotten in the car and have driven if you stop, get out of the car and the car locks it goes into a "light sleep." When you come back, like you have picked up take-out, the screens come on almost instantly.
My unfounded suspicion is that’s not the only boot time improvement coming; I’m personally extremely excited for the upcoming release.

Actually, he said satellite maps coming this week which it came soon after but said boot time improvement over the coming weeks.
C'mon..... stop defending the guy. Christmas is coming in the "coming weeks" also. My statement isn't a lie but it's a deceiving statement because it makes you think it's coming sooner than it really is. Yes, the satellite maps came and if he just left the tweet at that then fine but he said "dramatic boot time improvement" in the coming weeks and it hasn't come. Now another tweet goes out with "coming soon".

All i'm saying is don't get your hopes up that it will be this week or next because "coming weeks" seems to be a bs line that means they will deliver whenever they want. At this point they may as well put "coming this qtr" etc.

Not my experience at all. Still takes 10 years to boot getting into the car and also when I leave it for 5 mins. The only time it responds quickly when returning if if you've left the climate control on.

The fact none of this is being shared on the main Twitter account and from a personal account is pretty unprofessional also.

Yes, there was quite a bit about that picture to get us excited, highway assist, Nav in a different place, maybe implying that we might be able to use NAV and MUSIC concurrently…. I look forward to what’s coming. I am just measured in my expectation regarding timing.

C'mon..... stop defending the guy. Christmas is coming in the "coming weeks" also. My statement isn't a lie but it's a deceiving statement because it makes you think it's coming sooner than it really is. Yes, the satellite maps came and if he just left the tweet at that then fine but he said "dramatic boot time improvement" in the coming weeks and it hasn't come. Now another tweet goes out with "coming soon".

All i'm saying is don't get your hopes up that it will be this week or next because "coming weeks" seems to be a bs line that means they will deliver whenever they want. At this point they may as well put "coming this qtr" etc.

Not my experience at all. Still takes 10 years to boot getting into the car and also when I leave it for 5 mins. The only time it responds quickly when returning if if you've left the climate control on.

The fact none of this is being shared on the main Twitter account and from a personal account is pretty unprofessional also.
I don't get it, why the fuss. It's either coming or it's not. I am certainly not loosing any sleep over it. There will always be a guy or gal that wants to let everyone know they have that "inside scoop" on everything. There aren't many Ming-Chi Kuo out there. Hell, I haven't seen my car going into 4-weeks now (at least another 3-weeks before they fix it), but I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this.

Someone peed in someone's cheerios this morning…

Not defending anyone, but I see no reason to go burn down any buildings either; it’s entirely reasonable for them to post things to get you excited about an upcoming software release. I fully understand that you do not believe it is coming soon; that is, of course, your right. On the other hand, I believe it is coming in the next couple of weeks, as is, of course, my right.

Either way, I don’t think posting a screen capture of what is coming down the pipe is in any way intended to upset you or equivalent to “lying,” which is what you seen to imply. Sometimes releases get delayed for all sorts of reasons; I’d make a friendly wager that this one is coming sooner rather than later.

I don't get it, why the fuss. It's either coming or it's not. I am certainly not loosing any sleep over it. There will always be a guy or gal that wants to let everyone know they have that "inside scoop" on everything. There aren't many Ming-Chi Kuo out there. Hell, I haven't seen my car going into 4-weeks now (at least another 3-weeks before they fix it), but I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this.
Who said I was losing sleep over it? The moment you call Lucid out you seem to get hauled over the coals for it. I don't think it's too much to ask for realistic statements when it comes to much needed improvements on the performance and reliability of the software. Teasing for weeks and not delivering is a poor marketing strategy.

I'll shut up now because "we all should know what we got ourselves into"

Who said I was losing sleep over it? The moment you call Lucid out you seem to get hauled over the coals for it. I don't think it's too much to ask for realistic statements when it comes to much needed improvements on the performance and reliability of the software. Teasing for weeks and not delivering is a poor marketing strategy.

I'll shut up now because "we all should know what we got ourselves into"
Jesus, why is everyone so worked up?!

Nobody is attacking you, or at least I’m not. None of us know for sure when it is coming out. We’re all guessing. Some of us guess earlier than others.

I just don’t understand the point of getting upset about an update that is on its way, or what the point is of getting upset about intentional excitement generating buzz about the upcoming update that is supposed to fix a lot of the issues folks here are facing. Would you rather Jeff and Len not be excited about the upcoming update?

It’s on its way, and it’s closer now than it was before. That’s worth being upset about?

Sure, you could argue you want them to announce deadlines or follow a regular release schedule, but literally not a single car company (including Tesla) does that. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back