New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMMMM...what's this here????
Len Devanna just posted this

1664209295367.png

They use the universal icons for cellular signal and WiFi signal as depicted in the below example:

View attachment 4951
Right, but they reuse the cellular signal icon for both cell and wifi, depending on which you’re connected to, which is confusing. It would be fantastic if it switched to the wifi icon when you’re connected to wifi.

I used NAV after installing 1.2.19 and nothing like this came up for me. Maybe its on very selected roads??? Car only has 973 mile son it so maybe different hardware? @bhramabull where was this posted?

I used NAV after installing 1.2.19 and nothing like this came up for me. Maybe its on very selected roads??? Car only has 973 mile son it so maybe different hardware? @bhramabull where was this posted?
Len tweeted this saying "coming soon"

Well, I look forward to it, but they should have enlisted some Beta testers here in the Midwest where road markings are sketchy...

My lane assist lines disappear quite regularly.

I’ve had much better luck with the navigation lately, just takes a bit for the satellite view to load but then I just leave it on it and it works quite well. Of course I don’t use it with Alexa cuz we know that will cause mayhem. But yeah Tidal is borked. I’ve found the biggest problems happen when switching from an Atmos track to a non-Atmos track, it will just stop playing the display says it’s playing, then it won’t respond half the time you try to skip to the next track, etc. But this time Alexa will save you, you just ask Alexa to play whatever and it does, then go back to Tidal and it will work again. Tidal wasn’t trouble free in my old car, but overall it is a mess in the Lucid as far as reliable performance goes.
I've noticed the complete opposite with TiDAL. When on 1.2.17 all the online services were unusable in my car and had to resort to AM/FM as 1 or 2 mins in the apps would just pause. Was frustrating to no end so was excited to see the future updates addressed the connectivity. Since 1.2.185 and now 1.2.19 the online apps have gone back to being way more stable. TuneIn by far is the best, it has its hiccups when coverage drops but it pretty quick to bounce back by itself when coverage picks back up. TiDAL I was using for over 2+ hours on the weekend and it didn't jam up once. My playlist has Atmos and non-Atmos tracks in them. Yesterday. I was playing an Atmos album and it did pause but the timer was still ticking. I just pressed the next button and it fixed itself.

The navigation is about 80% there. Its certainly improved with the additional features but every now and then the voice guidance misses its cue. You will get the 1 or 2 warnings about what's coming up ahead most times but when you need to commit the voice just stays silent. Last night I didn't even get the warnings and abruptly was told "TURN NOW". Lucid needs to get the directions moved to the instrument panel ASAP. Every time I look at "Air" taking up that valuable screen space it annoys me to no end.

Lucid could make better use of the multiple screens. I like the flicking up and down concept but I think when you flick up it would make better use to show in the instrument panel area vs the screen directly above (definitely for Nav). Copy Audi's virtual cockpit for example. I think coolness got in the way of practicality when they were designing the software.

Right, but they reuse the cellular signal icon for both cell and wifi, depending on which you’re connected to, which is confusing. It would be fantastic if it switched to the wifi icon when you’re connected to wifi.
Umm..... It does. I see the wifi icon all the time when at my house. You sure you're connected to your wifi?

I've noticed the complete opposite with TiDAL. When on 1.2.17 all the online services were unusable in my car and had to resort to AM/FM as 1 or 2 mins in the apps would just pause. Was frustrating to no end so was excited to see the future updates addressed the connectivity. Since 1.2.185 and now 1.2.19 the online apps have gone back to being way more stable. TuneIn by far is the best, it has its hiccups when coverage drops but it pretty quick to bounce back by itself when coverage picks back up. TiDAL I was using for over 2+ hours on the weekend and it didn't jam up once. My playlist has Atmos and non-Atmos tracks in them. Yesterday. I was playing an Atmos album and it did pause but the timer was still ticking. I just pressed the next button and it fixed itself.

The navigation is about 80% there. Its certainly improved with the additional features but every now and then the voice guidance misses its cue. You will get the 1 or 2 warnings about what's coming up ahead most times but when you need to commit the voice just stays silent. Last night I didn't even get the warnings and abruptly was told "TURN NOW". Lucid needs to get the directions moved to the instrument panel ASAP. Every time I look at "Air" taking up that valuable screen space it annoys me to no end.

Lucid could make better use of the multiple screens. I like the flicking up and down concept but I think when you flick up it would make better use to show in the instrument panel area vs the screen directly above (definitely for Nav). Copy Audi's virtual cockpit for example. I think coolness got in the way of practicality when they were designing the software.

Does anyone know where the cars antenna(s) are located? I get the feeling this is an issue. Cars went from the metal whip on the hood to plastic ones to roof mounted, this car has nothing I can see.

Honestly, I think we've all been sold a rotten bag of goods regarding cell coverage, capacity and reliability by Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.

I used to live near a Amazon warehouse and when workers got off for the day the signal and data fell apart.

Umm..... It does. I see the wifi icon all the time when at my house. You sure you're connected to your wifi?
Hm, yes, but now I’m not sure about whether I’m just blind haha. I will check!

Hm, yes, but now I’m not sure about whether I’m just blind haha. I will check!

Car displays both. Wi-Fi and Cell using the appropriate icons as previously posted.

Let's hope Highway Assist isn't the only Major Update and Upgrade.

Forgive me if I am confused. Here is a screenshot from an older video I did. See the upper left of the screen as I was connected to WiFi at the time.

5536373A-48CC-4488-B285-388432B18301.png

Does anyone know where the cars antenna(s) are located? I get the feeling this is an issue. Cars went from the metal whip on the hood to plastic ones to roof mounted, this car has nothing I can see.

Honestly, I think we've all been sold a rotten bag of goods regarding cell coverage, capacity and reliability by Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.

I used to live near a Amazon warehouse and when workers got off for the day the signal and data fell apart.
The connectivity issues i'm seeing are the exact same as what I experienced on my e-Tron in the early days. It took Audi a good 12+ months to get it sorted but it wasn't as painful due to the Audi not heavily relying on it. So there is room for hope that they can fix via software updates as Audi did. When I was using the online radio in the Audi it would cut out every 5 mins then after the update it was seamless. Took them 12 months to do it though and they were using AT&T so not some cheap ass provider either.

As said in another post. I loathe cars using their own cell service as they're never 100%. It they want to use them to get data then fine but should allow the car to connect to the owners phone and use that to get its internet connection.

Please define "soon".
Yeah, i'm getting sick of the "in the coming weeks" and "soon" tweets. Lucid also knows that the software has been a thorn in our sides and yet leave us to find snippets on Twitter of what's coming. How hard would it have been to send an email saying "Coming in (month)" and showing the changes. If it truly is a major revamp and adding new features etc. then the least they could do is notify owners via an official email. It seems Jeff Curry thinks his tweets represent official marketing material often with blurry images to go with them....

Yeah, i'm getting sick of the "in the coming weeks" and "soon" tweets. Lucid also knows that the software has been a thorn in our sides and yet leave us to find snippets on Twitter of what's coming. How hard would it have been to send an email saying "Coming in (month)" and showing the changes. If it truly is a major revamp and adding new features etc. then the least they could do is notify owners via an official email. It seems Jeff Curry thinks his tweets represent official marketing material often with blurry images to go with them....
I'm on the opposite side as I think it's welcome news to see what is coming "soon" rather than hearing nothing at all.

I just think of it as two different beasts. The marketing machine, is there to promote and create excitement and it's doing a good job. Why would any company come out and advertise any "shortcomings."

The customer service and communication side could improve. Like, why not send an email at the same time, to current owners or soon to be owners to let them know that these new features are coming. And maybe even address certain concerns (if valid) that are circulating on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back