New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm finding it increasingly insulting that simply because I'm trying to interpret news and updates as objectively as possible, I can be accused of "defending" Lucid as though I'm some kind of illogical fanboy, and how by choosing to use logic to process something as innocent as a tweet, I'm somehow creating an environment where you think it's okay to say:

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of the fact that on this forum, there are certain people that don't want to let anyone be excited or optimistic about anything. There are certain people who feel like they need to be the "Bring You Back Down To Earth" police, and on every single opportunity, they find ways to turn anything that could be remotely positive into cynical negativity.

Under the guise of "I'm just sharing my opinion for the benefit of others" or "I paid $$$ for this car therefore it's okay for me to be like this", an increasing number of people on this forum just want to bask in negativity, amplify perceived (and real, admittedly) failures of Lucid and the car, and "dump" on others whenever they feel like the conversation is getting too positive.

I don't want a forum where we all put on horse blinders and stick our fingers in our ears when there's problems. But the cynicism in every single thread is starting to get really, really tiring. Was a I bit snarky in my reply to you before? Yes. Yes, I was. Can you understand my frustrations though?

Like me, you should take breaks from the forum and take some time to just enjoy your car for what it is instead of what it could be. If you really want to leave the forum, that's up to you.
Well put.

I agree. I'm finding it increasingly insulting that simply because I'm trying to interpret news and updates as objectively as possible,
You insinuated I don't comprehend english and therefore uneducated. We can all agree to disagree but the personal attacks on this forum are becoming more common and it's not something I want to be a part of anymore. I'm not one to be constantly positive nor constantly negative towards Lucid which I hoped gave future owners a good idea of what to expect. Clearly, it's all just seen as negative or people just want me to talk about all the good things and never call Lucid out. Therefore, I want no part of it.

You insinuated I don't comprehend english and therefore uneducated. We can all agree to disagree but the personal attacks on this forum are becoming more common and it's not something I want to be a part of anymore. I'm not one to be constantly positive nor constantly negative towards Lucid which I hoped gave future owners a good idea of what to expect. Clearly, it's all just seen as negative or people just want me to talk about all the good things and never call Lucid out. Therefore, I want no part of it.
I like your honesty... I dont thinks its all roses for Lucid all the time. Its a good car but with lots of issues at this point.

You did not properly comprehend the statement.

Nowhere did the tweet say "boot time improvement will be next" which is what you were saying when you cynically said "it's been since August 24th and still no boot time improvement".

Stop being so cynical. Stop putting things in quotes to make them purposefully sarcastic and passive aggressive. Stop acting like a victim and preemptively saying things like "oh I better shut up because I of course knew what I was getting into". It's as childish as people saying "watch me get down voted for saying this" before posting as a defense mechanism for criticism.

You are not some innocent little angel on this forum who is being ganged up on. You know what it is you're doing, you just don't like that you've been called out on it.

If you want to leave, leave. Not complicated.

Adios

Reactions: Ned
I like your honesty... I dont thinks its all roses for Lucid all the time. Its a good car but with lots of issues at this point.

Definitely not all roses for Lucid.

But there is a difference between "honesty", whatever the heck all of this is:

The "BIG" update has been teased for weeks. Time to actually deliver it or at least put a date on when to expect it.

Yeah exactly!

Lucid created this software mess themselves and we're now approaching the 1 year mark so I think people have been patient enough. Features, can come whenever but for speed and stability issues I think people have given Lucid ample time to address. The communication on this from Lucid has been appalling also, it's basically non-existent with only an unofficial comment made on Twitter etc. recently.

Well if they understood the software stack and architecture in the first place then this would’ve been a non-issue.

I’m not willing to give Lucid a blanket “free pass” on every issue because they’re a “new” company. Yes, issues are to be expected but constantly defending them for poor behavior I don’t agree with.

People have been very patient to wait this long for a software that is very unstable and all I can say is thank god for OTA in this scenario. It’s great to see updates coming out regularly, probably 20 or so now but it’s certainly something Lucid shouldn’t be proud of. That number of updates in such a short space of time shows how flawed the system actually was/is

Oh I might as well tell you that I was offered the delivery of my second GT in 7 weeks 😂😂😂😂

Nope. He tweeted about the "BIG" update at the beginning of September. Still nothing........

The other updates this month don't address what he was referring to either.

looks like anot

few months more like it. The guy tweeted this back on August 24th and one month on we're still waiting for this "dramatic" boot time improvement.......

View attachment 4972

C'mon..... stop defending the guy. Christmas is coming in the "coming weeks" also. My statement isn't a lie but it's a deceiving statement because it makes you think it's coming sooner than it really is. Yes, the satellite maps came and if he just left the tweet at that then fine but he said "dramatic boot time improvement" in the coming weeks and it hasn't come. Now another tweet goes out with "coming soon".

All i'm saying is don't get your hopes up that it will be this week or next because "coming weeks" seems to be a bs line that means they will deliver whenever they want. At this point they may as well put "coming this qtr" etc.

Not my experience at all. Still takes 10 years to boot getting into the car and also when I leave it for 5 mins. The only time it responds quickly when returning if if you've left the climate control on.

The fact none of this is being shared on the main Twitter account and from a personal account is pretty unprofessional also.

Who said I was losing sleep over it? The moment you call Lucid out you seem to get hauled over the coals for it. I don't think it's too much to ask for realistic statements when it comes to much needed improvements on the performance and reliability of the software. Teasing for weeks and not delivering is a poor marketing strategy.

I'll shut up now because "we all should know what we got ourselves into"

Look at all that negativity. All that criticism. Even when shown something somewhat positive, this is how he reacts to OTA posts.

And it's funny that he's up in arms about "insults" but happily claims about Lucid engineers: "Well if they understood the software stack and architecture in the first place then this would’ve been a non-issue." Because of course HC_79 is qualified to make a statement about that as he knows Lucid's codebase and workflow inside out, right? ...wrong.

And even when we do get an update, he still needs to be negative. not only in his personal opinion, but he wants the rest of us to also not feel any kind of positive emotion about it:

People have been very patient to wait this long for a software that is very unstable and all I can say is thank god for OTA in this scenario. It’s great to see updates coming out regularly, probably 20 or so now but it’s certainly something Lucid shouldn’t be proud of. That number of updates in such a short space of time shows how flawed the system actually was/is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back