Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Wow.. amazing stuff coming. Can’t wait for my touring 🫣🫣

1664299601170.gif

I can’t take the teases anymore!

I know this isn't released yet, and everyone is entitled to think "I'll believe it when my own car does that." But as someone who has been on teams that sometimes shipped software that was less than pride-inducing, I can only imagine how anxious the team is to get this into customer hands.

Sure, it should have been that way from the get-go. But a win is a win. The fact remains that the vast majority of Lucid customers will never see the "old" version.

I know this isn't released yet, and everyone is entitled to think "I'll believe it when my own car does that." But as someone who has been on teams that sometimes shipped software that was less than pride-inducing, I can only imagine how anxious the team is to get this into customer hands.

Sure, it should have been that way from the get-go. But a win is a win. The fact remains that the vast majority of Lucid customers will never see the "old" version.
Yea! Damn right. I don't think there is anyone left posting here that ever saw 1.0.4 lol

Interesting tidbit; I see that the top screen's icons have now moved from right to left. Looking good!

Ok, I blinked the first time and missed it. I then replayed it and was blown away! Unfortunately, it is just a tease so I came back down to earth and am now waiting for it to hit. With any luck, I will be picking up my car within a week. It is just stting in Seattle, waiting for the DA to get to it. He and the other DAs are swamped making deliveries of the cars there which are in front of me. Its been 8 days and counting....

Ok, I blinked the first time and missed it. I then replayed it and was blown away! Unfortunately, it is just a tease so I came back down to earth and am now waiting for it to hit. With any luck, I will be picking up my car within a week. It is just stting in Seattle, waiting for the DA to get to it. He and the other DAs are swamped making deliveries of the cars there which are in front of me. Its been 8 days and counting....

On the bright side, you may get to experience the car for the first time with the latest update! Which could always bring brand new glitches with it, I suppose.

Hang in there, the last few days of the wait are the hardest!

it's almost very instant so the pessimist in me thinks that the demo is for a warm boot and not a cold boot. i.e, the user has already booted up the car's computer for the day and it has not went into sleep. that being said, i still welcome this :)

it's almost very instant so the pessimist in me thinks that the demo is for a warm boot and not a cold boot. i.e, the user has already booted up the car's computer for the day and it has not went into sleep. that being said, i still welcome this :)
With any luck, a warm boot will be all you need, even after a night away from the car. There's no good reason they should have to reboot the entire car for anything other than something going seriously wrong.

When was the last time you had to cold reboot your phone in the morning, right? Cache the car in its current state and put it to "sleep." Should have next to zero impact on battery life.

Fair point! I do notice that in the first second of the clip, the door handles raise. Although I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's a cold boot.

Just took delivery of my GT and it had a 1.2.20 update pending on it. It was tiny (completed in around 3 minutes). Wouldn't that be 4-ish OTAs in less than a week?

With any luck, a warm boot will be all you need, even after a night away from the car. There's no good reason they should have to reboot the entire car for anything other than something going seriously wrong.

When was the last time you had to cold reboot your phone in the morning, right? Cache the car in its current state and put it to "sleep." Should have next to zero impact on battery life.
Agreed. We’ll have to see how they implement it.

Maybe I'm a beta tester, my car is already doing this, warm boot, I called it "light sleep."

Let me go open door like video and check...

Back