New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally I’ve noticed after 1.2.1.85 or whatever that Tidal is more borked than usual. Here’s the fix: ask Alexa to play whatever song of your choosing, then go back into Tidal app and try the track you were wanting to play when it kept dropping out before, and now it should work (unless your cell service is bad). I was trying to listen to an Atmos mix and it would fail 20 seconds in, and this fixed it. I hope they improve Tidal stability soon, it’s annoying, but this is a workaround that works for me at least.
I noticed this 1.2.185 is annoying, making my Tidal very choppy too. It feels like simehiw it forgot to buffer or become cellular signal sensitive result.

You guys can enjoy your inbred society lol. Does not really affect me and this place has become a bit too toxic for people who believe in calling a spade a spade.

You guys are rude rich people and I recognize your type.

By now the Cars reputation is going to be at stake if they let this stuff linger.

Just waiting to see when you guys develop some of these issues. I have seen the tone of several people turn 360 degrees here.

If you insult me then I am obligated to answer back. If you want to give then be ready to receive.

Go back and read every post that I have made here and find ONE (capitalized) post where I have tried to insult or deride anyone. Again if you insult me I will answer in kind.

Hydbob and Borski are the worst here and that is a fact. Maybe they feel a little bit too entitled for their own good. It is good to be humble for a change.
Huh. I don’t remember @hydbob or @borski insulting you. I called you a Karen as an insult, which you are. Maybe you’re thinking of me?

Incidentally I’ve noticed after 1.2.1.85 or whatever that Tidal is more borked than usual. Here’s the fix: ask Alexa to play whatever song of your choosing, then go back into Tidal app and try the track you were wanting to play when it kept dropping out before, and now it should work (unless your cell service is bad). I was trying to listen to an Atmos mix and it would fail 20 seconds in, and this fixed it. I hope they improve Tidal stability soon, it’s annoying, but this is a workaround that works for me at least.

What I've noticed is you need 3 bars for Tidal to work, if it drops to two or forbid one bar it fails and can't connect to server. Need much larger buffer.

Huh. I don’t remember @hydbob or @borski insulting you. I called you a Karen as an insult, which you are. Maybe you’re thinking of me?
I think he doesn’t like @hydbob and @borski because they dont agree with him and say the opposite 🤷🏻‍♂️

Personally I have nothing against you, @Sam6062, but I just dont understand why your posts seem to cryptic in some ways. Having said that, I feel your pain with the car’s issues but at the same time, I like it soooo much better than my Tesla and understand it’s a new company. With every firmware update, I pray to the Lucid Gods that the music system is fixed and once, I realize its not, I look forward to the next update ( and pray harder 😊)

Here's what I would suggest @Sam6062 . For those of us who are 57 years or older all this software DOESN'T make the car. Try turning it all off and DRIVE THE DOORS OFF.
100% agree and I’m way younger (55).

You guys can enjoy your inbred society lol. Does not really affect me and this place has become a bit too toxic for people who believe in calling a spade a spade.

By now the Cars reputation is going to be at stake if they let this stuff linger.

Just waiting to see when you guys develop some of these issues. I have seen the tone of several people turn 360 degrees here.

If you insult me then I am obligated to answer back. If you want to give then be ready to receive.

Go back and read every post that I have made here and find ONE (capitalized) post where I have tried to insult or deride anyone. Again if you insult me I will answer in kind.

Hydbob and Borski are the worst here and that is a fact. Maybe they feel a little bit too entitled for their own good. It is good to be humble for a change.
Oh, okay. You must be right, then.

I grew up in poverty, the son of two immigrants who came here with change in their pockets, started working when I was 12 to help put food on the table (and continued to do so without summer breaks even with school), and my parents didn’t become citizens until less than a decade ago despite being here for decades before then, since immigration often requires money we didn’t have.

But hey, I’m just an entitled rich guy.

I agree that humility is important. I highly recommend attempting to practice some.

Did *you* read through your posts? Did anything I said in the last missive I wrote, trying to be genuinely helpful, stick?

I have yet to intentionally insult you (minus occasional sarcasm when you are insulting others), but if you’re going to read my words as such anyway, so be it.

Have a nice life.

Here's what I would suggest @Sam6062 . For those of us who are 57 years or older all this software DOESN'T make the car. Try turning it all off and DRIVE THE DOORS OFF.
I am 71 and the crap software detracts from MY enjoyment of the $169,000 "high tech" car that I thought that I was getting. Yes, it is very fast and fun to drive but Lucid needs to deliver on the PR narrative.

I am 71 and the crap software detracts from MY enjoyment of the $169,000 "high tech" car that I thought that I was getting. Yes, it is very fast and fun to drive but Lucid needs to deliver on the PR narrative.

I agree it can be loads better but I just enjoy driving the car! Software can be fixed, bad driving car is going back the drawing board and making a whole new car. What's cool other than the performance is driving at 52-53mph.

All this diatribe is getting way too personal. I am 55 as well.

I really enjoy driving the car. I just drove it from Charlotte to Chapel Hill and around Chapel Hill without charging and was quite happy with that. Made it home with 75 miles left in the bank, so my range on that last charge was around 400, maybe a little less.

The NAV just sucks, period. It had me going all different ways and actually lost the car at one point, had no idea where the car actually was. Just quit using it and used the phone, kinda like music. Tidal did not work, so we went to Bluetooth and SiriusXM. So, yes, software does impact the enjoyment of the car, but I seriously hope that changes, sooner rather than later. Lucid really is “on the clock” though to get the software into a better state.

Seriously, how am I not on this list? I am way worse than both of these guys, COMBINED! If ever there was a time to use all caps, it is at this exact moment!

35, and I agree that software detracts from my enjoyment of the car! I just also recognize (as I believe you do) that they’re actively working on it. I also agree they need to deliver!

And, I also absolutely love driving the car. :)

I guess I must be one of the rare fools that still knows how to get places not using navigation, LOL 🤣

I guess I must be one of the rare fools that still knows how to get places not using navigation, LOL 🤣
Heh, I have to say - I haven’t had issues with the nav aside from lag. There were two times I had a bad issue:
1) very early in the software, it got super confused when I was in a garage with no service and put me at Newark HQ and wouldn’t change no matter what, haha. Never happened again.

2) one time, recently, the GPS was confused and kept moving me from street to street, losing track of where the car was. Never happened again.

Directions and traffic have been spot on, though. I wonder if they’re better here in the Bay Area?

I totally believe there are more issues with the nav; the biggest for me is just lag and that I can’t adjust the volume of the voice. Glad I can at least mute it now.

Heh, I have to say - I haven’t had issues with the nav aside from lag. There were two times I had a bad issue:
1) very early in the software, it got super confused when I was in a garage with no service and put me at Newark HQ and wouldn’t change no matter what, haha. Never happened again.

2) one time, recently, the GPS was confused and kept moving me from street to street, losing track of where the car was. Never happened again.

Directions and traffic have been spot on, though. I wonder if they’re better here in the Bay Area?

I totally believe there are more issues with the nav; the biggest for me is just lag and that I can’t adjust the volume of the voice. Glad I can at least mute it now.

I will say I was able to drive from Millbrae to Indy, taking a 4 National Park shortcut, using their NAV and never got lost. It always got me to the EA charging station near the SoC predicted. I was on the original software until I reached Topeka. That improved the Nav the rest of the way but it always worked. I'm looking forward to driving back to Yosemite from Indy in the not to distant future.

It is funny how we are all driving the same car that has the same software problems, yet sone of us still derive great pleasure and others like yourself

Proper grammar is a sign of good breeding, though the Venn diagram between good breeding and inbreeding may not be two distinct circles. (See numerous articles on European aristocracy and hemophilia.)

Proper grammar is never rude but can often be useful to convey meaning. (As an example, a comma makes all the difference in “Let’s eat, grandma!” and “Let’s eat grandma!”)

”Cars” shouldn’t be capitalized, as it’s not being used as a proper noun. However, The Cars should be capitalized if it’s referring to the seminal 1980’s Boston rock band. (In addition, ”Cars” is also missing an apostrophe in your use in this sentence.)

As a rule, correcting grammar is generally not perceived as an insult. However, it is admittedly annoying.

It is funny how we are all driving the same car that has the same software problems, yet sone of us still derive great pleasure and others like yourself
Somehow I sent this before I was finished. My point was that we are all driving the same car, with the same software issues, but our enjoyment levels are quite different. Some of us treat it as if it is going to be this version forever and others are more confident in the promised fixes. I would much rather enjoy the car and be excited about the changes.

What I've noticed is you need 3 bars for Tidal to work, if it drops to two or forbid one bar it fails and can't connect to server. Need much larger buffer.
I don’t know why cell providers use the 4 bar system these days. Anything at 2 or below you may as well just assume you have no coverage. Lol!

I don’t know why cell providers use the 4 bar system these days. Anything at 2 or below you may as well just assume you have no coverage. Lol!
True, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back