New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ignore feature can be quite effective. I've used it many times in other forums.

OTA related - I got notice this morning for 1.2.185 and promptly updated it. Just about 10 minutes ago I got notice for 1.2.19...it's updating now.

That's pretty fast!
I also got the notice and updated to 1.2.185 this morning. This afternoon got the notice and updated to 1.2.19. Took close to an hour for 1.2.19, and only a few minutes 1.2.185. Haven’t taken it out since the newest update. Twice a day updates are now expected!

I am Steve. Just so impressed with the Air … issues are minor. We are all exceptionally fortunate to be able to purchase a Lucid. It has exceeded my expectation on nearly every front.
You should definitely contact CS if you are 1.2.17. That was over a week ago, no need to have patience anymore.

"adding more bandwidth" LOL!

It's just as bad when I see customers shit all over us and say "just add more servers. How hard is it!!" I work in IT with a background in server infrastructure, networking and data center builds outs. It drives me insane when I see such flippant comments without a clear understanding how any of this stuff works! The Apple references are amusing because whilst they've got consumer updates sorted the way they want us to mass deploy updates in business is janky so yes, even the big boys are by no means perfect. The CDN where the files reside are not the problem, they're global and are designed for mass deployment without bogging down a network so here's probably the simplest reason why they're staggered......

Every time i've deployed a mass update it's done with caution and in batches. Not because the infrastructure can't handle it or there's not enough bandwidth its simply done to make sure if the shit hits the fan I can pull it quickly and only deal with 500 machines vs 20,000. Lucid's batch sizes will probably get bigger with the more cars that hit the road but if they did a batch of 2000 today it would probably be 70% of the fleet. I can see it now, Lucid flips the switch and just pushes it to everyone to shut us all up and low and behold a critical issue happens where the car stops working. You'll be all screaming at them "why did you do this" "fix it ASAP".

Anyone who called into my team wanting to jump the queue was simply told to wait their turn and if they kept ringing and wasting my teams time I put them to the bottom of the queue. Lucid is being too nice by pushing the update upon request. God help us all when the CarPlay release comes. The CS team will be inundated with calls because people simply can't wait a few days!
I am sure that when 1.2.18 rolled out they identified an issue and it went to 1.2.185. I am in the IT business for over 30 years. Slow an steady. You don’t want a bad update to impact the entire assets out there.

You should definitely contact CS if you are 1.2.17. That was over a week ago, no need to have patience anymore.
This is off topic but, Bob are you using an image of a tardigrade?

My caveat: I’m new to this section, so unfamiliar with the history that prompted the response.

I must say though, these words of clarity should be at the top of every online discussion (family holiday, intros to in-laws)…globally. :)

Well said!
I agree!!!

The ignore feature can be quite effective. I've used it many times in other forums.

OTA related - I got notice this morning for 1.2.185 and promptly updated it. Just about 10 minutes ago I got notice for 1.2.19...it's updating now.

That's pretty fast!
Same here. 1.2.185 yesterday and before I had a chance to explore, 1.2.19 now updating.
Plan on a couple hundred miles today which should make for a good checkout ride.

As an aside, my alma mater used to have friendly, and sometimes not so friendly, rivalry with the Cambridge crowd.
Hence. compliments were usually kind of glossed over.
I guess with more gray hair, I've gotten soft.

I think we have the same alma mater. It’s tough living in Boston. Boola boola.

Like everyone else, got one software update Friday morning and the next Saturday morning. The description was pretty vague, but I’m looking forward to seeing what these changes have netted us!

Nope. Still on 1.2.17 … picked up car one week ago. Have experienced Tidal issues, screen blackouts, and quirky connection with iPhone app …. All of which sound like they may be addressed with the next 2 updates. Can’t wait1
@CaptainLysol :

- Give it till end of this week to contact CS if you dont' get 1.2.185
- Other issues: Did your DA set them up for you? Or did you do it? Irrespective, I would suggest you unpair your iphone (BT first & mobile key right after) and try to reset it back again. If that also fails, call CSR
- Black screens: I got it in my early days. CSR will need photos (pfbly) with timestamps. See if you can record it safely while driving the car & report back to CSR asap.

Good luck.

Incidentally I’ve noticed after 1.2.1.85 or whatever that Tidal is more borked than usual. Here’s the fix: ask Alexa to play whatever song of your choosing, then go back into Tidal app and try the track you were wanting to play when it kept dropping out before, and now it should work (unless your cell service is bad). I was trying to listen to an Atmos mix and it would fail 20 seconds in, and this fixed it. I hope they improve Tidal stability soon, it’s annoying, but this is a workaround that works for me at least.

Plus @borski understands basic grammar rules. Who learned that it’s okay to Capitalize verbs in the middle of a sentence? (“all this polite advice is trying to Patronize me”)
You guys can enjoy your inbred society lol. Does not really affect me and this place has become a bit too toxic for people who believe in calling a spade a spade.

You guys are rude rich people and I recognize your type.

By now the Cars reputation is going to be at stake if they let this stuff linger.

Just waiting to see when you guys develop some of these issues. I have seen the tone of several people turn 360 degrees here.

If you insult me then I am obligated to answer back. If you want to give then be ready to receive.

Go back and read every post that I have made here and find ONE (capitalized) post where I have tried to insult or deride anyone. Again if you insult me I will answer in kind.

Hydbob and Borski are the worst here and that is a fact. Maybe they feel a little bit too entitled for their own good. It is good to be humble for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back