New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a pop-op that says, new version available then when you get to a WI-FI, you can download it. Problem is car says up to date and you can be 5 versions behind and not know it. I have tried asking the exact same question you did as to how often should we call CS to ask for updates when the car refuses to download them…. I have yet to receive a good answer. Problem is that is you are not on a forum chat group then you dont know if there are even any new updates.
Yes. I don't know if Lucid could do it, but once you time out of an update, it would be great if they would send a message to the car or app to let you know you should contact Customer Care.

I thought Lucid was simply staggering OTA notifications; however, it seems like the timing of notifications and updates is based on how quickly people are downloading the update. Here's a conversation I had with Customer Service. Lucid's responses are in bold.

One question I had was, how long does it take Lucid to push out all of the updates/notifications?
A few weeks ago I was several updates behind, despite my About menu saying that the car was up to date. So, I was wondering, would a week be a reasonable amount of time to wait after an update is released to contact customer service if I don’t receive a notification?

I think you have a great question, unfortunately, I don’t have an answer because updates change in size and installation time. ...About the only thing I can share is the amount of updates sent at a time. This number varies to 75 to 140 deployments at a time. The variation is based on cars responding to the connection.

I think I understand. So, notifications to update are released as slowly or as quickly as owners download the software. You’ll never have a situation where 200 people are trying to download an update at the same time. Is this correct?

This is correct.
This is semi-correct. Updates are pushed and downloaded to the car prior to the owner receiving a notification. From what CS is saying to you, it sounds like they will not push the next group until a certain amount in the previous group have installed the update.

This is semi-correct. Updates are pushed and downloaded to the car prior to the owner receiving a notification. From what CS is saying to you, it sounds like they will not push the next group until a certain amount in the previous group have installed the update.
This would certainly explain why it sometimes takes more than a week for some to receive updates. If the first batch of people who get the update don't install, everyone else sits and waits?
Kinda sucks, but if they are concerned with server overload, I sort of get it. Still, server capacity is cheap nowadays. I hope they plan on expanding the max number of simultaneous downloads soon.

Not sure how accurate this is. The moment an OTA drops I typically get it within 48 hours of someone reporting it here. I’m expecting to see 1.2.19 show up tonight which if it’s the case then it’s done in batches regardless of who’s installed.

Not sure how accurate this is. The moment an OTA drops I typically get it within 48 hours of someone reporting it here. I’m expecting to see 1.2.19 show up tonight which if it’s the case then it’s done in batches regardless of who’s installed.
Do we have confirmation 1.2.19 is already out? I had to call my local mobile service to finally have it pushed to me.

Do we have confirmation 1.2.19 is already out? I had to call my local mobile service to finally have it pushed to me.
Yes it's out. People started receiving it yesterday.

I only got the 1.2.185 update last night so that one took over a week to get to me. the first update came within 24-48 hours after it was released. each subsequent one it taking longer to arrive.

That’s pretty much been my experience, too. I’m going to be a bit irked if I don’t see it by tomorrow morning.
By the way, has anyone seen that the car’s charge level has to be at least at some minimum amount (say 50 percent) to do a lengthy (70 minutes) update like this one? I’ve never seen anything like that from my Lucid app, but I would guess when when get to software 2.0, that update is going to take a long time to accomplish.

I received it this morning and am installing it now.

This would certainly explain why it sometimes takes more than a week for some to receive updates. If the first batch of people who get the update don't install, everyone else sits and waits?
Kinda sucks, but if they are concerned with server overload, I sort of get it. Still, server capacity is cheap nowadays. I hope they plan on expanding the max number of simultaneous downloads soon.

I only got the 1.2.185 update last night so that one took over a week to get to me. the first update came within 24-48 hours after it was released. each subsequent one it taking longer to arrive.
I received notification of 1.2.185 this morning.

I just noticed that I can download 1.2.19. Currently getting it.

Seems like some people are just impatient and expect everything to happen within a day or two. Whenever a patch drops, stop calling CS unless it's been more than 5 days. It's been well documented that the patches go out in batches and that it's based off the hardware in your car. Just chill and wait.

Damn… am I only one still on 1.2.17 ??
I was also on 1.2.17 and the car said I was up to date as of last night. This morning at 5:30 I saw a red dot next to the gear/settings icon, and I thought it meant to load... the time quoted was 12 minutes. I went back an hour later and there had apparently been some kind of load failure - car still said v1.2.17. I called Customer Care, and they confirmed the car still showed v1.2.17. They contacted the OTA team, who pushed out the (apparently) two smaller updates, but the car never changed versions. The OTA team then confirmed they were pushing out the v1.2.19 and I could install it when I was ready. I just installed it about an hour ago and have yet to drive the car to see what is different, but the car does say it is running v.1.2.19 (took about an hour to install). They were concerned about the red dot, but when their download completed successfully, there was a white dot letting me know it was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back