New member needs Referral Code

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Hi:
My deposit is in place! New GT 2022, silver/black/'19

In my introduction from a few days ago, someone suggested forum members could be my referral and send me the code. But my thread was locked.

Can one of you send me a referral code? I need it today if possible. The dealer is expecting it.

Thank you all in advance -- Everyone here has been super helpful and responsive to all my questions!

Andrew

I sent you a DM.

Anyone else want to share a referral code? I just placed a deposit, too.

Last edited:
I must say we are in disadvantage here. Can't send DMs to new members. Looks like Staff Members can.
They're clearly in a competition to see who can earn enough points to force Lucid to give them a free Sapphire. My bet is on @hydbob. He's devious...

I must say we are in disadvantage here. Can't send DMs to new members. Looks like Staff Members can.
Hm, that's actually an interesting point. That's definitely not intentional. I don't really know how to solve that problem, but I will think about it (and please suggest ideas if you have them).

But yeah, definitely not intentional; just an unpredicted second-order effect.

Hm, that's actually an interesting point. That's definitely not intentional. I don't really know how to solve that problem, but I will think about it (and please suggest ideas if you have them).

But yeah, definitely not intentional; just an unpredicted second-order effect.
Maybe direct referral swapping to the Discord, instead of going back on forth on the forum about it?

Maybe direct referral swapping to the Discord, instead of going back on forth on the forum about it?
We all have our referral codes in our profiles. So they are there for anyone to copy. The issue is that new folks don’t know that yet. So maybe we just need to do a better job of letting new folks know they can just copy, rather than ask for a DM?

All kidding aside, it doesn’t really matter to me whether I get a referral. I just don’t want any new customer to pay more than they should. I doubt I’ll be using any points I get anytime soon, beyond teasing the other mods.

Maybe we should update our welcome and guideline page to show where the referral link is so new members can just copy it.

Oh, I just added my referral code! Get a discount on your car, and help me get a cool jacket to wear while driving my Gravity. The code on the last line under my name at left.

We all have our referral codes in our profiles. So they are there for anyone to copy. The issue is that new folks don’t know that yet. So maybe we just need to do a better job of letting new folks know they can just copy, rather than ask for a DM?

All kidding aside, it doesn’t really matter to me whether I get a referral. I just don’t want any new customer to pay more than they should. I doubt I’ll be using any points I get anytime soon, beyond teasing the other mods.
The other problem is that for people who placed an order without a referral and are then trying to get it added on before delivery, Lucid usually asks for referral code and name of the person who gave it. So that usually necessitates a DM or similar to send over your name. The referral link in the profile only covers people who remember to use it when ordering.

Back