New buyer fobs and wheels question

coma24

Cars
Honda S2K, Subaru Outbk
1) Am considering picking up a Touring from a remote dealership (other side of country). Insurance quotes are coming, shipping quotes are sorted. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row to know what I should do ahead of time in terms of syncing up with Lucid to advise them that I am the new owner. I know where my nearest service center is.

2) The car has 19's that I'd like to swap with 20's. Is that something that Lucid can facilitate?

3) The dealership has 1 fob and 2 cards for the vehicle. Is that correct or should it have come with 2 fobs?

Thanks for any guidance.

Same here. 2 fobs and 2 cards.

ended up going with a demo vehicle from Lucid as the all-in cost with dealer accessories and wheel swap would've been almost a wash. The Lucid demo has DD/SS pro, too, which will help with resale down the road, and hopefully DD pro improves over time in any case.

Has anyone had issues with the 2024 model fobs? Boss has a 2022 and the fobs are useless... thinking of trading in for newer model assuming fob issue has been fixed (I'm dubious).

Has anyone had issues with the 2024 model fobs? Boss has a 2022 and the fobs are useless... thinking of trading in for newer model assuming fob issue has been fixed (I'm dubious).
I don't think there are any changes to 2024 model fobs? But the fobs are not "useless" even with 2022s. They have some issues, but they work. What do you mean?

I don't think there are any changes to 2024 model fobs? But the fobs are not "useless" even with 2022s. They have some issues, but they work. What do you mean?
Fob won’t unlock the doors. We traded it for a new one in late 2023, same issue. Change the batteries every couple of weeks, cleaned them alcohol, only used a Panasonic battery (Lucid’s suggestion). Lucid CS admitted this was an issue with the 2022 Air, just wondering if anything has changed with 2024 model. Thx

There are definitely some best practices regarding fob usage. Best bet would be for your boss to seek out some best practices. It's a shame that it's required, granted, but there aren't any fob changes that I'm aware of from all my research thus far....they're stuck with the manufacturer they shacked up with in the early days when they were getting started. Gravity has an all-new design, but Air is what it is.

Fob won’t unlock the doors. We traded it for a new one in late 2023, same issue. Change the batteries every couple of weeks, cleaned them alcohol, only used a Panasonic battery (Lucid’s suggestion). Lucid CS admitted this was an issue with the 2022 Air, just wondering if anything has changed with 2024 model. Thx
Won't ever unlock the car?
-> Press service on that, that's not normal.
Sometimes proximity unlock doesn't work, but pressing the fob button does?
-> Yeah... I don't see that changing in the '24 models.
The fob button doesn't even always work?
-> I'd guess you have antenna problems in the car rather than fob problems. Keep pressing service on that too, they can replace the antenna under warranty if that is the case.

If new fobs won't passively unlock the doors it's the antennas in the car. I still have original fob from '21 that work great.

Back