Nevada

I installed a split unit 4 years ago. I shopped around first but most AC companies quoted on the high side for a 18000 BTU then I ran into "Mr. Cool" and it's a DIY unit. It's very easy to install but you'll need the help of an electrician. My only advise is however you do your calculations to find out the BTU you need. go higher! I wish I installed a 32000 BTU versus the 18000.
Is your garage a 2 car or 3 car?
Also, is your garage insulated or not?

My BTU calculation came out to just less than 18,000 for an insulated 2 car garage.

I am in Vegas also. How are you guys dealing with the heat in your cars? I have every piece of glass tinted with the highest quality nano ceramic tint you can buy and it is just unbearable to drive in the summer. It’s fine when it leaves my garage but when I go anywhere park for an hour or two even pre-cooling the car it’s not enough I drive home and sweat.

I am in Vegas also. How are you guys dealing with the heat in your cars? I have every piece of glass tinted with the highest quality nano ceramic tint you can buy and it is just unbearable to drive in the summer. It’s fine when it leaves my garage but when I go anywhere park for an hour or two even pre-cooling the car it’s not enough I drive home and sweat.

I don’t think any car with panoramic roof can handle 110~122F sun. I would open some windows or get roof shade if park under the sun. Or at least have 45 minute cabin climates on.

Las Vegas climate is brutal. I just got really sick coming back from there.

I don’t think any car with panoramic roof can handle 110~122F sun. I would open some windows or get roof shade if park under the sun. Or at least have 45 minute cabin climates on.

Las Vegas climate is brutal. I just got really sick coming back from there.
I also have a Tesla plaid and it has zero issues at all. It’ll cool down within three or four minutes. The problem is I play golf almost every day there is no covered parking and it sits out there for four or five hours and just bakes.

I also have a Tesla plaid and it has zero issues at all. It’ll cool down within three or four minutes. The problem is I play golf almost every day there is no covered parking and it sits out there for four or five hours and just bakes.

I had 30+ Las Vegas Uber electric rides last 2 weeks. All the Tesla drivers told me Las Vegas summer is brutal for their cabin heat and range. They have to go to TSCN additional trip a day to keep up. I did see couple with shade on their Model-Y which insulate pretty well. I’m in Houston with 107F. I try not to park under the sun, if I have to, I just use cabin climate to cool off before I come back to the car. I usually go to mall and have 1-2 hours and have it baked. Las Vegas had record heat wave last weekend 117~120F, that is just brutal.

Btw, OTA update version 2.1.3 has introduced Max AC button to quickly push out max AC for vents and ventilated seats comfort.

I had 30+ Las Vegas Uber electric rides last 2 weeks. All the Tesla drivers told me Las Vegas summer is brutal for their cabin heat and range. They have to go to TSCN additional trip a day to keep up. I did see couple with shade on their Model-Y which insulate pretty well. I’m in Houston with 107F. I try not to park under the sun, if I have to, I just use cabin climate to cool off before I come back to the car. I usually go to mall and have 1-2 hours and have it baked. Las Vegas had record heat wave last weekend 117~120F, that is just brutal.

Btw, OTA update version 2.1.3 has introduced Max AC button to quickly push out max AC for vents and ventilated seats comfort.
But those guys are in model threes and model wise not model s huge difference

I haven’t gotten into a recent model S to know the difference. But I know Tesla recently added heat pump to make HVAC stronger.

I have IR tint as well and that will help slow down the rate at which heat builds in the cabin but will not eliminate the heat build up. The air in the cabin will continue increasing so long as the car is exposed to direct sunlight.

Now, having said that... I was at the mall for about 3 - 4 hours (yes, take pity on me) during the middle of the day when the temp was 111. Prior to returning to my car, I used the app to check the internal cabin temp, which was 134. I turned on climate control from the app and headed to my car 15 - 20 minutes later and arrived to an 88 degree temp, which felt perfectly fine to me upon entry. I kept the A/C on and within another 5 minutes after starting my drive I was down to 78. I normally keep my house at 81, so I felt the overall experience went quite well.

You could crack open your window(s), which will help believe it or not even when it's 115 out. As I said, that will allow air above that temp to escape the cabin. For me, I would need to be in a location that I felt comfortable leaving a window open.

I can't speak to comparisons to Tesla, other than to say that I suspect there is much more cubic space of air in the Lucid and as such, it will take more time for your A/C to cycle that out assuming the same A/C performance between the two vehicles (which may not be an accurate assumption).

Personally, and I've articulated this on another thread, I think the the A/C is under capacity on the Lucid and should be addressed. I cannot imagine what the Saudi's are doing in that heat.

I have IR tint as well and that will help slow down the rate at which heat builds in the cabin but will not eliminate the heat build up. The air in the cabin will continue increasing so long as the car is exposed to direct sunlight.

Now, having said that... I was at the mall for about 3 - 4 hours (yes, take pity on me) during the middle of the day when the temp was 111. Prior to returning to my car, I used the app to check the internal cabin temp, which was 134. I turned on climate control from the app and headed to my car 15 - 20 minutes later and arrived to an 88 degree temp, which felt perfectly fine to me upon entry. I kept the A/C on and within another 5 minutes after starting my drive I was down to 78. I normally keep my house at 81, so I felt the overall experience went quite well.

You could crack open your window(s), which will help believe it or not even when it's 115 out. As I said, that will allow air above that temp to escape the cabin. For me, I would need to be in a location that I felt comfortable leaving a window open.

I can't speak to comparisons to Tesla, other than to say that I suspect there is much more cubic space of air in the Lucid and as such, it will take more time for your A/C to cycle that out assuming the same A/C performance between the two vehicles (which may not be an accurate assumption).

Personally, and I've articulated this on another thread, I think the the A/C is under capacity on the Lucid and should be addressed. I cannot imagine what the Saudi's are doing in that heat.
134 to 78 in twenty minutes sounds pretty decent. That's almost a 50 degree drop, which I don't think any car could do that much faster.
I'm guessing the mall had nice AC, so no pity from me on that one.

With the upcoming ambient heat of 110-118F this week, i was wondering if anyone is considering adding A/C to their garage, to better protect the HV battery?
I didn't but I did recently replace my garage door and I had insulation included and I replaced my hot water heater, which is in the garage, with a heat pump model which will produce some cooling in the garage.

That is the problem.....you can't sell a $160,000 car made in Arizona and will be made in Saudi soon that will not cool down. It is unacceptable. It is not a cold air problem, air coming from the vents is cold. Problem is the volume of air. In all my 5 different Tesla S's I have had they blow you out with air. Even my daughters 10 year old elantra a $5,000 car freezes you out. I keep my ac's on in my house at 69 so there is a difference there lol. But service is trying!. The 2023 loaner I am in is even worse because I can't precool because no app access. I played golf over by the Wynn today drove home to southern highlands and I swear it was still 90 in the car. I sweated my ass off and I had all four windows cracked but was parked in the sun for 5 hours!Service guy mentioned that the vents are pressed and small and flat. So that might be part of it also. The loaner would have been parked but my plaid was getting ceramic coated today. But car is too expensive to be a winter only car.

134 to 78 in twenty minutes sounds pretty decent. That's almost a 50 degree drop, which I don't think any car could do that much faster.
I can leave Paiute in the tesla without pre cooling it and is cold in 3 minutes easy. But Tesla does not let the interior get hotter than 100 degrees. When it does it automatically starts to cool it back under 100. I love the Lucid but 20 minutes driving in a sweat box is not right or acceptable. I know we all love the car, that is why we bought them but defending Lucid is crazy. They have an issue that needs to be fixed. Hundreds of people complaining in hot climates.

That is the problem.....you can't sell a $160,000 car made in Arizona and will be made in Saudi soon that will not cool down. It is unacceptable. It is not a cold air problem, air coming from the vents is cold. Problem is the volume of air. In all my 5 different Tesla S's I have had they blow you out with air. Even my daughters 10 year old elantra a $5,000 car freezes you out. I keep my ac's on in my house at 69 so there is a difference there lol. But service is trying!. The 2023 loaner I am in is even worse because I can't precool because no app access. I played golf over by the Wynn today drove home to southern highlands and I swear it was still 90 in the car. I sweated my ass off and I had all four windows cracked but was parked in the sun for 5 hours!Service guy mentioned that the vents are pressed and small and flat. So that might be part of it also. The loaner would have been parked but my plaid was getting ceramic coated today. But car is too expensive to be a winter only car.
It's strange, because we all have the same car and some people think the cooling is fine and others are really unhappy with it. Case in point. I too have a 10 year old Elantra. It's sort of officially my son's car now, but I'm still paying the bills for it and take it out occasionally. I've never been able to have it freeze me out, and I have tried.

It's strange, because we all have the same car and some people think the cooling is fine and others are really unhappy with it. Case in point. I too have a 10 year old Elantra. It's sort of officially my son's car now, but I'm still paying the bills for it and take it out occasionally. I've never been able to have it freeze me out, and I have tried.
are you in Carlsbad?

The pity is having to be in a shopping mall for 4 hours 🤣

Wait - Are you driving a Cosmos Silver? I also live in that area and may have seen you twice on the road.

I am. The reason I live near the coast here is that I can't handle heat. Anything higher than low 70s feels hot to me. Even 80 in the sun has me seeking shade, or AC, or a pool.
I hate the heat and that is why I am so upset with the car.

Back