Name That Part

Boomer AZ

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
After getting my Lucid’s front door window seals replaced, I found this part on the floor. About 1 1/8” in diameter. The disc seems to be something like Mylar. The center is metal and seems to be threaded. Service Center says they don’t know what it is. Any idea what this is?

Attachments

• 01A78F4F-F563-4F7B-B874-E7A408721C45.jpeg
    01A78F4F-F563-4F7B-B874-E7A408721C45.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
I looked through the pictures and service manuals for the door seal and trim replacement and I can't figure it out.

To be safe, just assume that's the piece that prevents the onboard computer from gaining consciousness.

The gold part looks like the screw inserts that are part of the license plate mounts that you attach the plate to. Those have been popping out for some people. Maybe the fabric part helps hold it in place from the back side? I can't imagine that is it or the service would have known that.

After getting my Lucid’s front door window seals replaced, I found this part on the floor. About 1 1/8” in diameter. The disc seems to be something like Mylar. The center is metal and seems to be threaded. Service Center says they don’t know what it is. Any idea what this is?
Were your window seals replaced due to air getting through? If so, any improvement?

Holy crap, isn't that the missing link for CarPlay? Or is it the Satellite antenna to get SiriusXM to work as it should?

Either way, not good to have "extra" parts laying around after you put something back together...

It looks like it could be a sanding disk of some sort. Try scanning it using the Home Depot app with your phone camera and see if it comes up with something.

I wonder is it has to do with the equipment for recalibrating the ADAS. After front window seals replaced, ADAS needed recalibrated. The part was in the cup holder. Definitely got put there during the service.

Either way, not good to have "extra" parts laying around after you put something back together...
When my dad took apart the lawn mower to repair it, he put the parts in a box. He took parts out of the box to put it back together. There were always some extra parts, but the mower would work, so he kept the box around for the next time. Next time, he'd have different parts left over. The mower always worked, though. Clearly that shows that the mower was built with more parts than it needed. Probably the same for the Lucid, don't you think?

When my dad took apart the lawn mower to repair it, he put the parts in a box. He took parts out of the box to put it back together. There were always some extra parts, but the mower would work, so he kept the box around for the next time. Next time, he'd have different parts left over. The mower always worked, though. Clearly that shows that the mower was built with more parts than it needed. Probably the same for the Lucid, don't you think?
Well, my Dad did the same thing, but it was a Piper Cub in our garage. A couple of parts left over when he assembled it back together. He started in the garage to test the engine. It caught fire, then ignited the skin of the plane. We dragged it out of the garage, the plane burnt to the ground and the garage was badly damaged. To me, each part now has a purpose, some more important than others.

Could be a suction cup for holding window inplace while working on it.

Back