My Faith In Lucid Has Just Been Restored!

I do like the water they give out at the Studios. Reminds me of the good old days of Apple Retail, before they told Steve Jobs that free water doesn't scale.

Well, I say the same for you Mr. I say you drink too much cool aid. I call a spade a spade. I do mot accept shortcomings first iteration or not. This place will soon necome a fan boys club if this is how,you react. But have fun…
Thank you for the service. Now the OP can change the title to “my faith has been un-restored” since you have set him straight.

So here is my take for what it is worth ($.02). I originally ordered my car in April 2021 (Grey Air GT with Tahoe) but I put myself on the waitlist for the Dream. Got the call in late September to upgrade and did so. Originally told it would be delivered before year end 2021. I was very uptight during the waiting period and also "grumpy" but my SA was very supportive although she really couldn't tell me much except it was being worked on and hopefully before year end. I did get a VIN in late November. Anyway, year end came and went with no delivery and no specific information as to what was causing the delay. My car was finally delivered in March and according to Rawlinson's 4th Qtr briefing it appeared my car was held up for either carpeting or glass. So I can somewhat identify with the anxiety of waiting and not knowing. However, I can also tell you that once the car was delivered it far exceeded my expectations. Yes there have been a few issues since delivery but the Millbrae techs are top notch and extremely accommodating. All the issues thus far have been minor annoyances that were quickly resolved. I constantly find excuses to go somewhere/anywhere in the car and it always puts a silly smile on my face. For those in the difficult waiting period all I can say is hang in there it will be worth the wait!!

This is something I haven’t seen mentioned much but this car is the best night driving car I’ve ever encountered. The headlights are outstanding, they illuminate perfectly without being blinding, and the brights light all the way up to the treetops, you don’t really need them. Do yourself a favor and find a rural road without street lamps and take it out at night, it’s impressive. Plus the interior illumination (themes) reminds me of the minimal tract lighting you get in a nice movie theater right before the movie starts. Really tastefully done. Plus the door handle lights are functional and not obnoxious flashy projecting a vehicle logo on the ground like Mercedes and Audi gimmick lighting. I wonder if that will be another tech talk video, about how they managed to cram top tier lighting technology into such a tiny space.

So here is my take for what it is worth ($.02). I originally ordered my car in April 2021 (Grey Air GT with Tahoe) but I put myself on the waitlist for the Dream.
Lucky you!
I put myself on wait list for Dream, didn’t get DE, but got happy GT delivery in mid April.

This is something I haven’t seen mentioned much but this car is the best night driving car I’ve ever encountered. The headlights are outstanding, they illuminate perfectly without being blinding, and the brights light all the way up to the treetops, you don’t really need them. Do yourself a favor and find a rural road without street lamps and take it out at night, it’s impressive. Plus the interior illumination (themes) reminds me of the minimal tract lighting you get in a nice movie theater right before the movie starts. Really tastefully done. Plus the door handle lights are functional and not obnoxious flashy projecting a vehicle logo on the ground like Mercedes and Audi gimmick lighting. I wonder if that will be another tech talk video, about how they managed to cram top tier lighting technology into such a tiny space.
Yes, the insect LED lights are phenomenal at night, those are some higher than high-end light in other vehicles’ aftermarket upgrade and not as stylish as Air. The whole cabin at night look like fancy home movie theater whether look from driver or rear passengers’ perspective. It feels very upscale without cheesy blingblingness….

No matter the ones who want to ignore the issues these are real issues however minor or major. Just giving then a pass saying we knew they are first generation is not the answer. If identifying issues one is finding with the car is being negative then perhaps we should simply name the forum appropriately 🙂
There are people reporting issues/problems all the time on this forum that aren't being ignored or pooh-poohed and have their concerns acknowledged. You've gotten strong reactions to your posts simply because you refuse to ELUCIDATE. The AC doesn't work. The buttons are cheap. The carpet is cheap. I don't know if you just can't express in words your impressions of cheapness or what but it leaves everyone guessing what you mean. And as people guess what you mean and say it isn't the case, you simply argue with them that they are fanboys and choose to ignore real problems rather than tell us why you find something is cheap or doesn't work.

The buttons are cheap - they feel like recycled water bottles. They flex too much and there isn't any texture so your finger slips off (I'm making this up just to provide an example). One of my buttons is falling off.

The carpets are cheap. The nap is too short (much shorter than my QX80) and I can see the backing when I bend it.

You've been asked to provide details but never do. Yet, you continue to complain in just about every thread possible.

The most recent post about going on errands and the AC being inadequate while the temperature keep function didn't seem to work actually provided the most detail of any of your posts. You got a response that the temp keep function has to be activated every time you exit the car. But you also failed to indicate whether the AC just wasn't pumping out cold air or if the fans weren't blowing enough air or a combo of the two or if air was still blowing from the defroster instead of the dash vents.. Do the rear vents blow cold air and with adequate force?

I remember when you first joined the forum. It was basically, "Help, I'm taking delivery of a GT soon and I don't know anything about the car or EVs". There was a barrage of questions and some of the people you've criticized were patient and tried to answer your questions. You had no idea what you were buying and what you bought into. Yet, you want to argue that this car being the first one being produced by a new company is no reason to accept that there are problems with the car. I don't understand your logic. People older than 50 were all told to never buy the first model year of any car because there are going to be a lot of problems and the second generation of the car would have all the upgrades that people complain are missing from the 1st gen. Why did you think this car would be any different? People who say it's the 1st model year are all just acknowledging that they knew and understood there were going to be problems with the car. We're all hoping they are minor and fixable. Your failure to understand that and go through the histrionics you've displayed shows you never should have bought the first gen of this car. The fact that none of the established auto makers have been able to produce a problem free EV also hasn't persuaded you that maybe you should scale back the rhetoric. Heck, huge recalls are being issued for ICE vehicles for major safety issues.

Yes, the car has issues. Yes, please post about yours. Just don't post it in every thread at every opportunity.

There are people reporting issues/problems all the time on this forum that aren't being ignored or pooh-poohed and have their concerns acknowledged. You've gotten strong reactions to your posts simply because you refuse to ELUCIDATE. The AC doesn't work. The buttons are cheap. The carpet is cheap. I don't know if you just can't express in words your impressions of cheapness or what but it leaves everyone guessing what you mean. And as people guess what you mean and say it isn't the case, you simply argue with them that they are fanboys and choose to ignore real problems rather than tell us why you find something is cheap or doesn't work.

The buttons are cheap - they feel like recycled water bottles. They flex too much and there isn't any texture so your finger slips off (I'm making this up just to provide an example). One of my buttons is falling off.

The carpets are cheap. The nap is too short (much shorter than my QX80) and I can see the backing when I bend it.

You've been asked to provide details but never do. Yet, you continue to complain in just about every thread possible.

The most recent post about going on errands and the AC being inadequate while the temperature keep function didn't seem to work actually provided the most detail of any of your posts. You got a response that the temp keep function has to be activated every time you exit the car. But you also failed to indicate whether the AC just wasn't pumping out cold air or if the fans weren't blowing enough air or a combo of the two or if air was still blowing from the defroster instead of the dash vents.. Do the rear vents blow cold air and with adequate force?

I remember when you first joined the forum. It was basically, "Help, I'm taking delivery of a GT soon and I don't know anything about the car or EVs". There was a barrage of questions and some of the people you've criticized were patient and tried to answer your questions. You had no idea what you were buying and what you bought into. Yet, you want to argue that this car being the first one being produced by a new company is no reason to accept that there are problems with the car. I don't understand your logic. People older than 50 were all told to never buy the first model year of any car because there are going to be a lot of problems and the second generation of the car would have all the upgrades that people complain are missing from the 1st gen. Why did you think this car would be any different? People who say it's the 1st model year are all just acknowledging that they knew and understood there were going to be problems with the car. We're all hoping they are minor and fixable. Your failure to understand that and go through the histrionics you've displayed shows you never should have bought the first gen of this car. The fact that none of the established auto makers have been able to produce a problem free EV also hasn't persuaded you that maybe you should scale back the rhetoric. Heck, huge recalls are being issued for ICE vehicles for major safety issues.

Yes, the car has issues. Yes, please post about yours. Just don't post it in every thread at every opportunity.
Very well said!!

Yeah, the mobile van that came to my place had no such expresso machine in it! 😂
I have to say, I don't get this excitement over a free espresso. Do people no longer have machines at home?

I have to say, I don't get this excitement over a free espresso. Do people no longer have machines at home?
The last thing I want will be a free espresso. That would mean a service van in my driveway or someplace less convenient. I would like to avoid that need, unlikely as it is, but one can hope.

The last thing I want will be a free espresso. That would mean a service van in my driveway or someplace less convenient. I would like to avoid that need, unlikely as it is, but one can hope.
Well, there is hope! The big vans are the ones they take for tire changes and if you are getting the 21s....I joke...sort of

Well, there is hope! The big vans are the ones they take for tire changes and if you are getting the 21s....I joke...sort of
I am tempted to replace the Pirellis as soon as I take delivery, but I might just replace the rims and tires eventually. Tires really don't matter much on a car that seems as much vapor as real given that I still don't have a delivery date on a car that had supposedly cleared PDI 10 days ago.

I am tempted to replace the Pirellis as soon as I take delivery, but I might just replace the rims and tires eventually. Tires really don't matter much on a car that seems as much vapor as real given that I still don't have a delivery date on a car that had supposedly cleared PDI 10 days ago.
Pull a @dawktah LucidGT and go pick it up 😃

600+(closer to 700) miles on a car I intend to have PPF/Ceramic applied to? Doesn't make much sense. Given what I have heard regarding paint quality issues lately, I am not sure I want to add to that.

600+ miles on a car I intend to have PPF/Ceramic applied to? Doesn't make much sense. Given what I have heard regarding paint quality issues lately, I am not sure I want to add to that.
Find a place in Riviera Beach that will throw a track wrap on the front and you'll be fine

600+(closer to 700) miles on a car I intend to have PPF/Ceramic applied to? Doesn't make much sense. Given what I have heard regarding paint quality issues lately, I am not sure I want to add to that.
The paint quality is pretty good according to my PPF guy, he was surprised. He said it’s a million times better than Tesla paint. Not as good as an Aston Martin or Porsche but he didn’t think it was “soft” like one of the detailer videos mentioned.

Find a place in Riviera Beach that will throw a track wrap on the front and you'll be fine
So, instead of Lucid paying $2000 to deliver my car, I would be paying at least that to wrap the car, more to get it unwrapped, a plane ticket to get down there, a couple nights hotel room at the least, etc. Yea, if it came to that, I would cancel and keep my BMW, it will have finally met my tolerance limit.

The paint quality is pretty good according to my PPF guy, he was surprised. He said it’s a million times better than Tesla paint. Not as good as an Aston Martin or Porsche but he didn’t think it was “soft” like one of the detailer videos mentioned.
There have been a couple recent deliveries where paint was an issue, one where they are repainting the hood. There is no way that should have passed PDI on any planet and I am sort of shocked Lucid might think something like that might be acceptable to a customer. Now, I do not know the extent of it, but if Lucid is having to repaint the hood and simply not do some extra buffing, it had to be a bit more serious than "minor". I am hopeful that my paint situation is more like your experience.

I am worried that that this enhanced PDI is not necessarily limited to a change in procedures, but also due to some other quality issues. No way to really know until they deliver more cars. My delivery rep has specific instructions to look at the paint, and everything else on that list we have been compiling, to make sure there is nothing (at least on that list) that might warrant more work. He has assured me that he has gone over the list once and will go over it again just before loading the car. I have modified the list to categorize various items as "how to", "quality inspection" and "general". I really should not find any deficiencies related to items on the list. When I told him I had a list of items, the first thing he asked was if it was the same list many on the forum have been using. He asked me to send it to him to make sure we were both looking at the same thing.

Last edited:
My PPF guy said the same thing. They are next door to Tesla Service Center. They have done Tesla wrap for years, they said Tesla paint quality is no where near as good as Lucid Air. After they did my AGT, the PPF shop place order online for a Lucid themselves.

There have been a couple recent deliveries where paint was an issue, one where they are repainting the hood. There is no way that should have passed PDI on any planet and I am sort of shocked Lucid might think something like that might be acceptable to a customer. Now, I do not know the extent of it, but if Lucid is having to repaint the hood and simply not do some extra buffing, it had to be a bit more serious than "minor". I am hopeful that my paint situation is more like your experience.

I am worried that that this enhanced PDI is not necessarily limited to a change in procedures, but also due to some other quality issues. No way to really know until they deliver more cars. My delivery rep has specific instructions to look at the paint, and everything else on that list we have been compiling, to make sure there is nothing (at least on that list) that might warrant more work. He has assured me that he has gone over the list once and will go over it again just before loading the car. I have modified the list to categorize various items as "how to", "quality inspection" and "general". I really should not find any deficiencies related to items on the list. When I told him I had a list of items, the first thing he asked was if it was the same list many on the forum have been using. He asked me to send it to him to make sure we were both looking at the same thing.
This is entirely reasonable, and you are right to be on top of any concerns regarding quality. One thing I've noticed in general about things of perceived high value is that there is a disconnect in what is considered "excellent quality" across many industries - for example, you may be a foodie and have a high standard of expectation for your $35 entree, and then when it's delivered find it overcooked, or less than expected, while the chef/server would say people love it that way all the time. Mediocrity is rampant as you climb the expectation ladder, and the more experience you have tasting the good stuff the harder it is to be satisfied. We are privileged to be able to afford the highest level of quality on the planet, and yet the bar always seems like it should go higher. Guess that's human nature, go figure.

This is entirely reasonable, and you are right to be on top of any concerns regarding quality. One thing I've noticed in general about things of perceived high value is that there is a disconnect in what is considered "excellent quality" across many industries - for example, you may be a foodie and have a high standard of expectation for your $35 entree, and then when it's delivered find it overcooked, or less than expected, while the chef/server would say people love it that way all the time. Mediocrity is rampant as you climb the expectation ladder, and the more experience you have tasting the good stuff the harder it is to be satisfied. We are privileged to be able to afford the highest level of quality on the planet, and yet the bar always seems like it should go higher. Guess that's human nature, go figure.
I think it's more a focus of consistency of quality. Several customers on here have received confirmation that the paint and its' application are of high quality. I am just hoping that mine will be consistent with their experience and not a couple more recent experiences where the same might not hold true.

Back