My Faith In Lucid Has Just Been Restored!

Well, that will certainly come up in my discussion with Omar this afternoon when he calls. I do not really expect anything though as my only leverage is to cancel and I am not really convinced that Lucid cares much about one customer.

I am essentially at the same point I have been for months, no real vision into a delivery date, made even worse by the fact that they gave me a solid delivery date of today and informed me the day before that the car was defective, that if they delivered today, they would be effectively delivering me a brick.
If it helps they called me over a month after they had received my payment check from my Bank that the Bank returned it and they wanted their payment lmao/Not.
Called the Bank and they said nothing is wrong on this side but the check seems to not have been cashed yet. So they may even have issues in those departments.
I feel you are not losing anything by waiting and perhaps will enjoy the car more once you have it.
Give them more time to make things better.

Did I say during my test drive for a fellow enthusiast he pointed out how the TRIM on the FRUNK was coming off on the passenger side.

He liked the smooth drive of the car and it was a great experience comparing Lucid to the Model-S. It’s Fit/Finish was excellent on the outside and for a short ride and not really looking for issues the inside was just as nice but maybe a notch below Lucid. The drive was rough in the sense that we both acknowledged we felt every bump in the road vs nothing in the Lucid.

Lucid does have the drivability factor in its favor. They just need to get a handle on the other stuff.

No matter the ones who want to ignore the issues these are real issues however minor or major. Just giving then a pass saying we knew they are first generation is not the answer. If identifying issues one is finding with the car is being negative then perhaps we should simply name the forum appropriately 🙂
Every car has issues. Nobody is pretending they don't exist. It's a matter of whether the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, and for the vast majority of people on this forum, they absolutely do. YMMV.

Every car has issues. Nobody is pretending they don't exist. It's a matter of whether the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, and for the vast majority of people on this forum, they absolutely do. YMMV.
Hopefully that is good news for my stock 😜. My MMV is still under 300 😂

These last couple of months I have seen a real and dramatic increase of negativity regarding Lucid crop into this forum. I can certainly understand it, since more and more cars are being delivered resulting in more opportunities for issues with the cars being reported. Coupled with that a near total silence from the management of Lucid responding to these issues and, wrapped over all of that, a growing frustration amongst the forum’s members because we are not seeing any significant increase in the issuance of VINs over the last month or so being added to the forum’s tracker. This negativity started infecting me as I watched, day after day, my confidence in Lucid Motors and its car wane. I am still at a loss as to why Lucid management is not trying to reach out to this group of customers and offer words of comfort and confidence and patience. The information void they have created has resulted in negative rumors and grumblings growing each day.
However, after today, my confidence level has been restored.
Having been here for a while now, I can say there is a definite ebb and flow between general good feelings and excitement about Lucid and all-out grumpiness, usually triggered by someone's genuine frustration, which then gets fed feverishly by others who can't help but get in on the act.

I've been traveling the last few weeks, so I've been popping in a little less frequently. There was one day early this week where I had to stop myself from saying: "Wow, how did the grumps manage to take over the the whole forum again that fast?" From an outside perspective, it looked as if an entirely different group of people had logged in and just starting typing bile. But I recognized all the user names, so it wasn't some new influx of people. It was just the echo chamber doing its thing.

I find this happens every few weeks or so. It passes eventually and things get back into balance.

These things are natural in social situations, and I certainly don't want to diminish anyone's emotional rollercoaster when things go spectacularly wrong. (And they have for a number of folks here.) But I have to say when it becomes a giant pile of "let's just be grumpy for days at a time" I find myself wanting to come back here a little less.

Or, as Steve Martin put it so well: "I don't think you understand how unattractive hate is."

I come here to get away from things that make me grumpy. To spend some time learning and geeking out with likeminded folks about EVs, and the Air in particular. It's great to hear from people getting their cars that things aren't always perfect and to hear about how Lucid handles these situations. Seems like they do manage to miss the mark sometimes. Will they learn to do better? I'm fascinated to find out.

I don't want to tell anyone else how or what to post. Just saying I get a lot more enjoyment out of this place when people are being informative and helpful to each other, rather than just venting with no purpose other than to release negativity.

I really, really wish Lucid would give me a reason not to be "grumpy".

You, most certainly, get a pass on being as grumpy as you like.

Yeah, while I give others some crap for being overly grumpy, you have absolute right to be. Your experience sucks, and is by far the worst I've heard of for anyone. Sorry, man.

Yeah, while I give others some crap for being overly grumpy, you have absolute right to be. Your experience sucks, and is by far the worst I've heard of for anyone. Sorry, man.
I am hopeful that as bad as my pre-delivery experience has been, my post-delivery experience will outweigh it to the good.

I am hopeful that as bad as my pre-delivery experience has been, my post-delivery experience will outweigh it.
I hope you have no experience post delivery.

I am not quite sure how to take that…;)
We don't want your car to see the inside of a service center again - only a mobile van for routine service, and giving you an espresso drink while you wait!

No matter the ones who want to ignore the issues these are real issues however minor or major. Just giving then a pass saying we knew they are first generation is not the answer. If identifying issues one is finding with the car is being negative then perhaps we should simply name the forum appropriately 🙂
The title of the thread is “my faith in Lucid has just been restored” and on cue here comes the twisted panty brigade.

The title of the thread is “my faith in Lucid has just been restored” and on cue here comes the twisted panty brigade.
Well, I say the same for you Mr. I say you drink too much cool aid. I call a spade a spade. I do mot accept shortcomings first iteration or not. This place will soon necome a fan boys club if this is how,you react. But have fun…

We don't want your car to see the inside of a service center again - only a mobile van for routine service, and giving you an espresso drink while you wait!
Yeah, the mobile van that came to my place had no such expresso machine in it! 😂

Well, I say the same for you Mr. I say you drink too much cool aid. I call a spade a spade. I do mot accept shortcomings first iteration or not. This place will soon necome a fan boys club if this is how,you react. But have fun…
I think it’s possible to both point out flaws/discuss room for improvement but also be quite happy with the vehicle…. And all do it in a level headed fashion, neither saying the car is perfect nor that it sucks. As far as I can tell on the large majority of owners are overall very happy with the car here, but there’s a lot of skeptical buyers/potential buyers due to a bumpy pre-delivery experience and issues raised here, and a small handful of owners who seem to be pretty unhappy with the car.

Oh, are you unhappy with the car? We had no idea! 🙄

It's not about drinking the kool-aid, but about adding value. Repeating the same things over and over again on every thread don't add value and are quite cumbersome to slog through to get to the actual conversation. It's as if when an owner has a good experience you just can't let that fly, and need to negate it by restating your own.

Sometimes, you just gotta celebrate a win.

That does *not* mean you don't talk about things honestly, and call a spade a spade. There are plenty of flaws to the car, and many are being worked on, and many annoy me. I just don't feel the need to constantly tell everyone about it literally every time I post about anything.

Yeah, the mobile van that came to my place had no such expresso machine in it! 😂
Only the larger service vans have the coffee machines. The smaller ones do not 😪

Only the larger service vans have the coffee machines. The smaller ones do not 😪
That’s it! Cancel my order! What crap service!

Really? You mean I missed a free cup of coffee. 🤦‍♂️

Btw, Houston Service Center now serves free coffee and snacks. But I’m not willing to drive an hour in town to get them. 😆

Back