Music + phone issue post 2.1.47

chinesejpl

Cars
Air GT
Since installing 2.1.47, my android phone issue (not being able to hear the other side when call connects) has been resolved but another issue has occured that I've never experienced before. Occasionally (I'm not sure if it is related to length of the phone call or if it is random), while I'm on the phone over bluetooth, the music all of a sudden begins playing despite me still being on the call! This means that I hear the music AND the phone conversation at the same time over the car speakers. Fortunately, I am able to go into the music option and press "pause" which solves the issue but this is an usual bug as previously, an active call would essentially shut out the ability to play music. Anyone else notice this bug?

I've also noticed the more minor "unsynchronized" hazard turn signals that I think someone already posted here although I'm not certain whether that happened with 2.1.47 or the firmware prior.

I have the same issue with calls using CarPlay. Call starts out fine. Then music volume starts to increase and it does not respond to the volume knob - which lowers to call volume.

Since installing 2.1.47, my android phone issue (not being able to hear the other side when call connects) has been resolved but another issue has occured that I've never experienced before. Occasionally (I'm not sure if it is related to length of the phone call or if it is random), while I'm on the phone over bluetooth, the music all of a sudden begins playing despite me still being on the call! This means that I hear the music AND the phone conversation at the same time over the car speakers. Fortunately, I am able to go into the music option and press "pause" which solves the issue but this is an usual bug as previously, an active call would essentially shut out the ability to play music. Anyone else notice this bug?

I've also noticed the more minor "unsynchronized" hazard turn signals that I think someone already posted here although I'm not certain whether that happened with 2.1.47 or the firmware prior.
Unfortunately this has been a chronic issue for quite a long time. I initially thought it only happened with CarPlay but seems to happen with blue tooth connection as well. I can’t seem to find a pattern since it is intermittent. Most commonly for me it seems to happen with Sirius XM as music source. I’ve reported it to CS in the past . For me, it seems to happen less with 2.1.47 but still exists.

In my case, the phone worked well with the native bluetooth interface before the current software update. With CarPlay, before the update, the called party could not hear me well, or at all. After the latest software update, the called party can hear me well until the music volume increases on CarPlay calls. I am using Tidal music. I have not tried calls on the native Bluetooth interface on the latest software.

I have the same issue. How did you fix it?

Why are some people saying that theirs is fixed? I did a factory reset and unpaired/repaired. I still can't hear the other person when I make the first phone call getting in my car. All other calls are fine after that.

Oh.. My phone connection issue was resolved with firmware 2.1.47. I'm using a Samsung s20 w/ latest version android. Are you on the latest Android version?

Yes, latest Android version. Car says version 1.1.4 and says up to date. Why am I not seeing 2.1.47?

Yes, latest Android version. Car says version 1.1.4 and says up to date. Why am I not seeing 2.1.47?
WHAT? If you go to settings, about, it says software version 1.1.4? You need to take your car into a service center ASAP and get on the latest OTA.

Ok thank you so much. I thought the updates were supposed to update automatically over wifi.

Ok thank you so much. I thought the updates were supposed to update automatically over wifi.
They will download automatically and notify you of an update available, but you still need to hit the install button. Please contact CS ASAP, I'm not sure if they can push you all the updates, I doubt it. Hence the need for a service center visit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I'll call customer service.
Your car is going to be 1 million times better after the updates! So much progress has been made on the software!

I just got off the phone with customer service and she seemed surprised. Said someone will be in touch to update. The only thing that's bothering me is not being able to make phone calls. Not happy with that.

I just got off the phone with customer service and she seemed surprised. Said someone will be in touch to update. The only thing that's bothering me is not being able to make phone calls. Not happy with that.
Oh my, @tracyjones, I am sitting on pins and needles, excited for you to receive what is essentially a brand new car.

The relative difference in quality between the version you’re on and the latest version is absurd.

Please report back!

Last edited:
Back