• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RESOLVED Why does the music keep playing when I stop the car?

New (as in today!) Lucid owner here. Any good resolution to this issue? I like listening to podcasts so would prefer to have it stop as soon as I open the door so that I don't have to rewind when I start up the car again. I was also thinking of pressing pause before I exit the vehicle as a workaround.
Press pause.

Coming from Tesla as soon as you close the door the audio goes off. Seems like if you recently put in park and close all the doors it should cut off the audio. Yeah nice feature to have someday.

I think this is another manifestation of my car being able to detect my key at longer than normal distances. I posted once how my car keeps waking up as I walk around the inside of my house. Somehow the car can detect the key 30-40 feet away. So that's why the music keeps playing after I walk away - I need to walk a long way away to get it to sleep.

It just seems like a dumb "feature" to me. Once I put the car in park, open the door, get out, then close the door - it should just stop playing. Why play the music with the door shut and no one in the car?

So yes, I suppose walking 40 feet away will "work". I just wanted something clever, like pausing music once I am in park and open the door.
When the car is parked and you’re getting out, it’s obvious the music should just turn off that you just happen automatically they really need to tweak these small little things in the

I agree, this needs to be fixed for all audio sources. But I don’t have the issue anymore because I mostly listen to podcasts via CarPlay. I simply stop the podcast with the right steering wheel button when I park. And then my podcast app doesn’t auto start again when I get back in. Which is perfect for me.

I had to kill the mobile key, as I always have my phone in my pocket and the car would keep waking up as I walked around my house. My office is above the garage so all day I was waking up the car. I only use the fob now, but I had to get in the habit of leaving the fob in a basket in the far end of the house so the car can't see it. If I keep the fob in my pocket it will wake the car up constantly as I move around the house. I wish there was a software setting to have the car only wake up if I touch the door handle or press the fob, and to turn off my music and go to sleep once I exit the vehicle. Using the key/phone proximity to do everything seems clever but is horrible in practice when the car is parked at home. A geo fence sort of setting would help too as this only happens and is a problem when I'm at home.
Get a Faraday pouch for your office. Leave the key in it.

Back