Audio turns on by itself

Keith

Verified Owner
Cars
Ioniq 5, Air Touring
On many occasions while I'm just driving along, with the music paused, suddenly the audio starts playing. I've not noticed any patterns to the behavior. It seems like the music has become un-paused, picking up where it left off. I've also have been listening to Tidal and the music stops for about 20 seconds, then starts again. I didn't find anything about this in the forum.

I attribute this to software bugs over a hardware malfunction... Or perhaps the car is trying to tell me I sing off key? 😜

/keith

On many occasions while I'm just driving along, with the music paused, suddenly the audio starts playing. I've not noticed any patterns to the behavior. It seems like the music has become un-paused, picking up where it left off. I've also have been listening to Tidal and the music stops for about 20 seconds, then starts again. I didn't find anything about this in the forum.

I attribute this to software bugs over a hardware malfunction... Or perhaps the car is trying to tell me I sing off key? 😜

/keith
Is it possible the streaming audio lost a strong enough signal and then regained it?

I've had the opposite issue at times. Music is buffering. I suspect the minimum buffer requirement to restart is fairly sizeable.

/keith
When paused, any alert (pay attention, hand on wheel, lane keep, etc) from the car will cause the music to restart.

/keith
I have this issue continuously. Always on Tidal. It will turn itself on upon startup sometimes and then every 5 minutes or so, even when I pause it. Thought it was a Tidal issue.

Is it possible the streaming audio lost a strong enough signal and then regained it?
That would explain the music pausing in the middle, wait 10-20 seconds to reconnect/buffer, and resume

My turns on without any alert.
That has been my experience, and I'll pay more attention if something else (alert) is also occurring.

Back