Spotify issue post 2.1.42

chinesejpl

Cars
Air GT
Since updating to the software 2.1.42, I've noticed that my spotify app is not working. For some reason, when I try to load any playlists (eg top hits) it says that there is no content which means that I cannot play anything because the way the app works in lucid is that I need to select an actual song to play before the playlist plays (vs in my eqs, the 1st song in a playlist begins playing as soon as a playlist is selected, which is the same way tidal works on lucid). I am able to search for music successfully on Spotify and select and play that song but none of the playlists are accessible because the app says it has no content! FYI, tidal plays fine and loads playlist songs without issue and even sxm works fine!

Ive tried logging out and back into the spotify app, guest profile switch, and even power cycling the car with customer service. I even checked spotify app on my phone to see if the playlists songs load and they do. I also checked spotify on my eqs and the playlist songs also load so it seems to be isolated only to my lucid! It's quite unfortunate as I listen to spotify more than tidal because I find their playlists better.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20231123_114633.jpg
    20231123_114633.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 59
I've seen this issue a couple times. It would load the Home list but not actual playlists even though you could select those menus. A Air logo reset restored mine when I last encountered this problem.

Since updating to the software 2.1.42, I've noticed that my spotify app is not working. For some reason, when I try to load any playlists (eg top hits) it says that there is no content which means that I cannot play anything because the way the app works in lucid is that I need to select an actual song to play before the playlist plays (vs in my eqs, the 1st song in a playlist begins playing as soon as a playlist is selected, which is the same way tidal works on lucid). I am able to search for music successfully on Spotify and select and play that song but none of the playlists are accessible because the app says it has no content! FYI, tidal plays fine and loads playlist songs without issue and even sxm works fine!

Ive tried logging out and back into the spotify app, guest profile switch, and even power cycling the car with customer service. I even checked spotify app on my phone to see if the playlists songs load and they do. I also checked spotify on my eqs and the playlist songs also load so it seems to be isolated only to my lucid! It's quite unfortunate as I listen to spotify more than tidal because I find their playlists better.

Any ideas?
I've seen this issue a couple times. It would load the Home list but not actual playlists even though you could select those menus. A Air logo reset restored mine when I last encountered this problem.
I had this today too! And the weird thing is I updated to 2.1.42 last Thursday and Spotify was working fine until today. For some reason, I didn't even think of trying the Air logo reset. I'll do that next time I get in the car.

I experienced this today as well. I then tried switching to CarPlay and CarPlay wouldn’t play the songs audio. The song scrubber was moving but no sound. I disconnected CarPlay and it wouldn’t reconnect. Once I got home, I was able to reset the car and it worked again but very odd behavior.

Hmm... No luck for me in restoring function with resets. I have figured out a workaround until service can take a look at things next week by telling Alexa to play the playlist. Once playlist begins playing, I see the songs in the queue... Bizarre

I used to be a Spotify user few years ago but switched to Apple Music as they had the larger collection of music I listen to. Ever since, Spotify did catch up in collection.
As the Lucid has native Spotify app, I wanted to give Spotify a try again. I must say I am terribly disappointed by the sound quality.
Apple Music (on Car Play) >>>>> Spotify (on Car Play) >> Spotify (Native App).
Do other users also have similar experience? Or is something wrong with my Spotify settings? (I have Spotify Audio quality set to 'Very High' in the car as well as the iOS app)

It’s fairly well documented that Spotify has the worst sound quality of all the major streaming services.

I am aware. What surprised me was that Spotify on Car Play has better quality than Spotify on the Native Lucid app 😃

And I assumed Apple Music being on wireless Car Play would be compensated by Spotify being delivered directly to the car. Clearly, I am wrong on this one.

My personal experience is that native lucid spotify quality isn't bad. I compared the same track on tidal (non master or at most version) vs spotify and tidal is still better but when listening just for enjoyment I lose track of the difference. Admittedly, I've lost significant audio acuity due to my listening choices in my wayward years so maybe I'm no longer a good judge?!

Since updating to the software 2.1.42, I've noticed that I can not pause or advance my music when using Amazon Music using the touch screen. I can only advance my music only with the buttons on the steering wheel or ask Alexa to advance or pause my music. Did anyone else using Amazon music notice this or am I missing something?

It’s fairly well documented that Spotify has the worst sound quality of all the major streaming services.
Mp3 I think, but why worry? It is going out of business. Just laid off 1400. Did you know it has never made any profit?

Mp3 I think, but why worry? It is going out of business. Just laid off 1400. Did you know it has never made any profit?
Never made any profit, and yet compensates musicians less than any of the other services and is by far the most popular. Makes you wonder where all the money is going, huh?

I have seen this problem a few times. It will load the Home list but not the actual Aqui playlist even though you can select those menus.

Back