music and phone coming through speakers at the same time

E LUCID 8

Verified Owner
Cars
e53 Mercedes
Referral Code
LPT2BE5A
In the last couple of days I have had calls interrupted by sirius xm coming back on in the middle of a call. I thought it was just poor cell service area. Today music came back on and the phone call was still coming through the speakers. I had to reduce radio volume and switch my phone audio to speakerphone. has this happened to anyone here? Is it a reboot?

In the last couple of days I have had calls interrupted by sirius xm coming back on in the middle of a call. I thought it was just poor cell service area. Today music came back on and the phone call was still coming through the speakers. I had to reduce radio volume and switch my phone audio to speakerphone. has this happened to anyone here? Is it a reboot?
Yep. Had it happen multiple times in the past. Stopped after I no longer use CarPlay.

Definitely seemed to be a Car Play issue for me. I’m fine using the car’s audio.

Definitely seemed to be a Car Play issue for me. I’m fine using the car’s audio.
My wife says the phone call quality via the cars audio is also not good. That is why I use the phone speakerphone. Does your car audio work well for phone calls?

I need to ask more people if it’s good. Only owned the car for two weeks and I’ve been away for one of those weeks.

I use the car audio for phone calls and stopped using CarPlay because of these issues. Car audio works much better for phone calls now and is clear. Seems like there are some bugs in CarPlay .

I use the car audio for phone calls and stopped using CarPlay because of these issues. Car audio works much better for phone calls now and is clear. Seems like there are some bugs in CarPlay .
I will try the car audio again on phone calls. Thanks.

That is correct. I turned off CarPlay and my wife says the car microphone for phone calls works great. I guess I will turn off CarPlay for a while also. Thanks.

Is there a quick way to route calls to the car rather than through CarPlay when a call comes in and you're using CarPlay? I really enjoy CarPlay but when I get a call I always end up taking it via the iPhone speakerphone. Is there a way to redirect to the car as soon as a call comes in, bypassing CarPlay?

Is there a quick way to route calls to the car rather than through CarPlay when a call comes in and you're using CarPlay? I really enjoy CarPlay but when I get a call I always end up taking it via the iPhone speakerphone. Is there a way to redirect to the car as soon as a call comes in, bypassing CarPlay?
I tried going on the phone and selecting the car audio vs CarPlay for the call but the sound is still very bad. I think when car play is on, the phone call quality is bad. I was also taking the calls with the phone speaker instead. Since I drive mainly to and from work, I will turn car play off for now. But when I drive somewhere new and need directions, I will turn car play on. Hope a fix comes soon.

I tried going on the phone and selecting the car audio vs CarPlay for the call but the sound is still very bad. I think when car play is on, the phone call quality is bad. I was also taking the calls with the phone speaker instead. Since I drive mainly to and from work, I will turn car play off for now. But when I drive somewhere new and need directions, I will turn car play on. Hope a fix comes soon.
Supposedly the new OTA update fixes the CP audio issue. I haven't received it yet but will try it out when I do.

Supposedly the new OTA update fixes the CP audio issue. I haven't received it yet but will try it out when I do.
That would be awesome. I am still waiting for update also.

Same thing is happening to me since the update. But my call quality has improved, no more echo on the other end, or complaints that my call volume is really soft. How does one report this back to Lucid?

Yes, the CP phone call quality is great now. But, I also have seen the sound keep playing from Tidal while I took a call. I had to flick over to Tidal and manually pause music. Only happened once.

UPDATE: Customer Care had me do the following which solved the problem for me:

While in car with phone connected to the system, power off your phone
Then press your profile icon on the top screen and choose a guest profile; let it load. Once it has loaded switch back to your own profile.
Turn your phone back on, let it connect to the system and now music should stop anytime you are using the phone

This happened to me twice this week while driving -- very startling for me and my caller.
Next time will need to get off the road to try the solution from @hilton954.

Back