Mobile keys and fobs — still unreliable

yeah i have 1 of four fobs working currently (we've had two new fobs registered after initially the first two stopped working after one of the earlier updates). i use the mobile key which occasionally glitches, but never unlocks the doors as i approach. i'm the secondary user as i'd rather endure the problems than risk my wife being locked and stressed out. It's been a journey but this is our first EV, and first car with this tech so we have patience with new technologies.

This is correct. Also the fob is stronger than your mobile phone, so either one of you needs to leave the fob at home or both of you need to carry it. I had the same issue with my wife heh.
My wife just keeps her fob in a small Faraday pouch which goes in her purse.

Try deleting the mobile key and using the fob only.
How do you delete a profile tied to anything but the Fob?

I made the mistake of creating new profiles for my wife and I so our phone could replace the Fob. I quickly realized that I would have to go through every setting, all the HomeLink connections, phones, etc. since there does not seem to be a way to copy those from another profile. How do I delete profiles from the car so I can go back to just using the Fob? Now, it seems the profile chosen is always an incomplete one tied to my phone and not the one tied to my Fob. Thus I cannot open the garage door, use Alexa, have the seat in the right position, etc.

I have installed all the updates.

Also, I called Lucid customer service over a week ago to ask if there is anything special you need to consider when you get a rock chip in the windshield. Still waiting for a call back. Sure glad the guy prioritized it. Considering what must be a complicated replacement, Lucid should have done Gorilla glass like Tesla did in my first couple of Model X's.

Thanks

How do I delete profiles from the car so I can go back to just using the Fob? Now, it seems the profile chosen is always an incomplete one tied to my phone and not the one tied to my Fob. Thus I cannot open the garage door, use Alexa, have the seat in the right position, etc.
I have not tried, but from the manual here is how to delete a profile.

1678736178761.png

You should be able to add the mobile key to your existing profiles instead of creating new profiles.

I've had a problem with my mobile key for weeks, but it didn't really cause issues because I carry the fob always. Last week the fob stopped working and I had to open the app and use the unlock button just to get in the car. I changed the fob battery and all is good on the fob front again. This did, however, motivate me to try to figure out the mobile key problem. In the app, when I clicked on the mobile key icon in the upper right corner of the Lucid app, it showed the existing mobile key as linked to 'Lucid-03524'. However, in my bluetooth settings on my iphone, there was no Lucid-03524. There was a Lucid-524, but that key did not exist in the car or on the Lucid app. To solve the problem I removed the vehicle in the mobile app by clicking on the mobile key icon in the upper right corner and clicking 'remove vehicle' button. I then went into the bluetooth settings on my phone and clicked the 'i' next to the entry for Lucid-524 and selected 'forget this device'. Then in the car I went into settings, access & profiles, keys, pressed the 'edit' button and then removed the existing mobile device key. This put me back to no mobile key configured on the phone or car, and I just started to setup a new key from scratch. Here are instructions from the owner manual:
On the Pilot Panel: a. Go to Settings > Access & Profiles > Profile Detection > Keys. b. Make sure that Key Detection is enabled. c. Press Link Mobile Key. 2. On your mobile device: a. Open the Lucid Mobile app. b. Press the Mobile Key icon in the top right-hand corner of the home screen. c. Press Link Now. d. Wait for the 6-digit passcode. 3. Confirm the 6-digit passcode on to the Pilot Panel matches the mobile device code. 4. Type a name for the mobile device on the Pilot Panel, and press Done.
This remove and reinstall mobile key process worked for me. I now have a mobile key 'Lucid-03524' in the phone's bluetooth, in the Lucid app, and in the car. The mobile key works perfectly whenever I approach the car now. :)

I've had a problem with my mobile key for weeks, but it didn't really cause issues because I carry the fob always. Last week the fob stopped working and I had to open the app and use the unlock button just to get in the car. I changed the fob battery and all is good on the fob front again. This did, however, motivate me to try to figure out the mobile key problem. In the app, when I clicked on the mobile key icon in the upper right corner of the Lucid app, it showed the existing mobile key as linked to 'Lucid-03524'. However, in my bluetooth settings on my iphone, there was no Lucid-03524. There was a Lucid-524, but that key did not exist in the car or on the Lucid app. To solve the problem I removed the vehicle in the mobile app by clicking on the mobile key icon in the upper right corner and clicking 'remove vehicle' button. I then went into the bluetooth settings on my phone and clicked the 'i' next to the entry for Lucid-524 and selected 'forget this device'. Then in the car I went into settings, access & profiles, keys, pressed the 'edit' button and then removed the existing mobile device key. This put me back to no mobile key configured on the phone or car, and I just started to setup a new key from scratch. Here are instructions from the owner manual:
On the Pilot Panel: a. Go to Settings > Access & Profiles > Profile Detection > Keys. b. Make sure that Key Detection is enabled. c. Press Link Mobile Key. 2. On your mobile device: a. Open the Lucid Mobile app. b. Press the Mobile Key icon in the top right-hand corner of the home screen. c. Press Link Now. d. Wait for the 6-digit passcode. 3. Confirm the 6-digit passcode on to the Pilot Panel matches the mobile device code. 4. Type a name for the mobile device on the Pilot Panel, and press Done.
This remove and reinstall mobile key process worked for me. I now have a mobile key 'Lucid-03524' in the phone's bluetooth, in the Lucid app, and in the car. The mobile key works perfectly whenever I approach the car now. :)
Well done, remember there will be two Bluetooth entries on your list. One is for the audio system and one is for the mobile key.

Back