Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
I swear they tweaked the mobile key settings a little bit, for the better. I haven’t had to resort to unlocking with the app a single time since the last update and it tends to wait a couple seconds more when I’m walking away... so it doesn’t lock anymore when I’m walking around the car after putting the baby in. Maybe it’s placebo? Don’t know. Happy either way.

I swear they tweaked the mobile key settings a little bit, for the better. I haven’t had it unlock with the app a single time since the update and it tends to wait a couple seconds more when I’m walking away... so it doesn’t lock anymore when I’m walking around the car after putting the baby in. Maybe it’s placebo? Don’t know. Happy either way.
I went for a drive the other day and forgot my fob. Mobile key did seem to work better than last time I had tried it fobless. I think they may have indeed tweaked something in the latest update.

Dunno....but I tried using the mobile key (Pixel 7 Android) exclusively for a week just last week, and ended up frustrated. Lots of wait time, had to always go into the app to unlock the car...very sporadically would the car sense the mobile kep automatically and open by itself. Went back to using a fob and deleted mobile key....was nice not carrying a fob for a week though...

Dunno....but I tried using the mobile key (Pixel 7 Android) exclusively for a week just last week, and ended up frustrated. Lots of wait time, had to always go into the app to unlock the car...very sporadically would the car sense the mobile kep automatically and open by itself. Went back to using a fob and deleted mobile key....was nice not carrying a fob for a week though...
Check that your android setup is correct. Look at the FAQ section on lucidupdates.com

Bobby, prior to receiving my Touring, i viewed your video on locking and unlocking the car: fob vs mobile key and your preference for the mobile key. I was skeptical, but after a week of ownership I have been using the mobile key exclusively and have not had any issues. I find it responsive, and have not experienced any noticeable lag time when I approach or leave the car. Thanks for the video.

Check that your android setup is correct. Look at the FAQ section on lucidupdates.com
Thanks...I read it...nothing useful there as the instructions are for a Samsung phone and on my Pixel I have provided the Lucid app all the access possible and itruns in the background etc.

Thanks...I read it...nothing useful there as the instructions are for a Samsung phone and on my Pixel I have provided the Lucid app all the access possible and itruns in the background etc.
I've got the same frustrating mobile key experience here. Pretty sure it's a Pixel issue as Pixels really like to kill background processes aggressively even though we've granted the app full perms to run in background :/ Just another one of the long list of Pixel quirks that I dislike...

I have literally lost my fob because I haven’t used it in so long lol. At some point I should get a new one from service, because I have no idea where it is.

Mobile key works great for me.

Yea, sorry, we tried. Would love to get my hands on a Pixel test out some other stuff.

I've got the same frustrating mobile key experience here. Pretty sure it's a Pixel issue as Pixels really like to kill background processes aggressively even though we've granted the app full perms to run in background :/ Just another one of the long list of Pixel quirks that I dislike...
It's exactly this. I tried every possible setting to keep this process running in the background but the Pixel 7 loves pausing and/or killing inactive background processes when it hasn't been recently used and other applications have been opened since using the mobile key. I too went FOB only to save the aggravation.

2 other things to try

Developer settings,standby apps, set Lucid to active

Developer settings, suspend execution for cached apps, disable

Does anyone have a Samsung Android phone with a consistently working mobile key (no need to open the app)? I've checked my settings multiple times but I continually have to open the app in order for the car to unlock. This was an issue on my Model S as well with Android so I'm guessing it's phone vs. car. I've also tried the trick of pinning the app so that it remains open in the background but this still requires me to access the app before the doors will open.

Does anyone have a Samsung Android phone with a consistently working mobile key (no need to open the app)? I've checked my settings multiple times but I continually have to open the app in order for the car to unlock. This was an issue on my Model S as well with Android so I'm guessing it's phone vs. car. I've also tried the trick of pinning the app so that it remains open in the background but this still requires me to access the app before the doors will open.
Yes, check the lucidupdates.com, there is a Samsung mobile key setup.

Yes, check the lucidupdates.com, there is a Samsung mobile key setup.
I've done them multiple times but only works once then never again. Do you use Android and does your mobile key (no app open) always work for you?

I've done them multiple times but only works once then never again. Do you use Android and does your mobile key (no app open) always work for you?
Yes and yes. You need to ensure the app stays open.

Screenshot_20230429_040401_One UI Home.jpg

Yea, sorry, we tried. Would love to get my hands on a Pixel test out some other stuff.
I'd love to see if I can help...how can I help? I'm an electrical engineer and have tried multiple things with the phone. I have a spare OnePlus phone that I was thinking I could try to rule out this being a Pixel issue and not really an Android issue.

Bobby, prior to receiving my Touring, i viewed your video on locking and unlocking the car: fob vs mobile key and your preference for the mobile key. I was skeptical, but after a week of ownership I have been using the mobile key exclusively and have not had any issues. I find it responsive, and have not experienced any noticeable lag time when I approach or leave the car. Thanks for the video.
Which phone and OS are you on?

I wish the app had an option to temporarily disable Mobile Key (not unpair). I had to remove my Mobile Key pairing because, when working in my garage and using my phone to listen to music, the car would lock/unlock a bazillion times.

It's odd but I find that my Mobile Key works WORSE since 2.0.66. I have an iPhone 14 Pro. Since the update, I now routinely stand beside the car for 5-10 seconds before it unlocks. Rarely I have to unlock it from the app. This worked much more reliably before the update. Nevertheless, I love 2.0.66! My Highway Assist now works again and boy, did I miss it!

I wish the app had an option to temporarily disable Mobile Key (not unpair). I had to remove my Mobile Key pairing because, when working in my garage and using my phone to listen to music, the car would lock/unlock a bazillion times.
On Android you can close the app by unlocking it. I believe on Apple you can disable the Bluetooth for Lucid.

Back