Mobile Key Working Well!

I have pixel 7, app is flawless for me and works, unlocks and presents itself to me as I walk near it

And I have a history of the phone kry not working for me in first 5 months of ownership
Does it work for you when you don't have the app open or wait ~30s for the car to wake up. For me, it's flawless when the car is awake only.

I can confirm it's definitely Google/Pixel issue. I've done extensive testing with my Pixel 7, and my backup Samsung S20 with the same exact settings work better (not perfect or similar to our iPhone friends). The Pixel for every good reason for the phone loves to kill/pause any inactive background and processes, regardless of the setting you set to override.
+1 this

I have pixel 7, app is flawless for me and works, unlocks and presents itself to me as I walk near it

And I have a history of the phone kry not working for me in first 5 months of ownership
I think you're the first ever user who has managed to get the mobile key properly working on a P7.. what did you do exactly to get it to work aside from the usual link/unlink + change battery settings on the Lucid app to unrestricted?

Mind taking a snapshot of the app permissions you have on your phone. It will be educational if they differ from the ones I have. Here they are:

Attachments

• 1000008937.png
    1000008937.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 1000008938.png
    1000008938.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 63
Does it work for you when you don't have the app open or wait ~30s for the car to wake up. For me, it's flawless when the car is awake only.
Yes.

I don't have to wait 30s when I'm near the car, it does a fresh boot up when I'm next to it presents itself within a few seconds.

Only thing is I have to have the app in the background. If I kill it and it's not in background, it won't work.

Yes.

I don't have to wait 30s when I'm near the car, it does a fresh boot up when I'm next to it presents itself within a few seconds.

Only thing is I have to have the app in the background. If I kill it and it's not in background, it won't work.
The pixel os auto kills it though doesn't it...?

I set it to not optimized and it never kills it

So when I'm home I kill it manually. When I'm out, I leave it open in the background and it works perfectly
Hm. I have mine set to 'Unrestricted' and it still auto-kills itself after not being active for some period of time lol

Hm. I have mine set to 'Unrestricted' and it still auto-kills itself after not being active for some period of time lol
Depends how long, I think after a couple hours it may, but I can't confirm.

About 30 minutes or so before I think about going to the car I check on the app again just to be sure, but I need to activate climate anyways usually. I except when I'm leaving home, then I just get near the car and open the app and it takes 3 seconds max to open up

But when I'm out and about, it is long enough in the background that I don't have to touch the app again.

Try the widget, I noticed it checks on the mileage of the car and updates every few hours. I wonder if that keeps the app alive?

About 30 minutes or so before I think about going to the car I check on the app again just to be sure, but I need to activate climate anyways usually. I except when I'm leaving home, then I just get near the car and open the app and it takes 3 seconds max to open up

But when I'm out and about, it is long enough in the background that I don't have to touch the app again.

Try the widget, I noticed it checks on the mileage of the car and updates every few hours. I wonder if that keeps the app alive?
I have the widget running on my home screen as well - doesn't really fix the problem. If I activate climate control within the last 30 mins before walking to the car, yep, it works as a key and unlocks, but from resting overnight and going to my car with the mobile key? App is killed 100% of the time. I think you don't have the issue since like you said, you turn on climate control consistently before going to the car hence the pixel os didn't kill the app yet.

Think it's still an overall issue for us Pixel users.

I have the widget running on my home screen as well - doesn't really fix the problem. If I activate climate control within the last 30 mins before walking to the car, yep, it works as a key and unlocks, but from resting overnight and going to my car with the mobile key? App is killed 100% of the time. I think you don't have the issue since like you said, you turn on climate control consistently before going to the car hence the pixel os didn't kill the app yet.

Think it's still an overall issue for us Pixel users.
That would make sense then.

Only advise then for it to consistently work is to keep the app in the background and check on it every few hours

Do iPhone people never have to check on the app?

I have an iPhone 14 as well, I can test with that tomorrow

Only advise then for it to consistently work is to keep the app in the background and check on it every few hours

I think that's what I've heard, yeah - iPhone and Samsung Galaxy users never have to check on the app.

On iPhone, as long as the app is installed on the phone, it does not to be need to be running in the foreground or background. Mobile Key works even if the app is not running at all.

Here's a question for android users on mobile key. I noticed that often the car won't unlock with mobile key as I walk up to the car. But literally as I take my phone out of my pocket, the car unlocks before I even unlock my phone. So, it obviously has something to do with the phone being moved. I have location on and the app/mobile key not optimized so it can run in the background. However, when I look at the permissions, it says the app can use precise location when using the app but just location in the background.

Does anyone know how to let the app use precise location in the background? I couldn't find it online.

Here's a question for android users on mobile key. I noticed that often the car won't unlock with mobile key as I walk up to the car. But literally as I take my phone out of my pocket, the car unlocks before I even unlock my phone. So, it obviously has something to do with the phone being moved. I have location on and the app/mobile key not optimized so it can run in the background. However, when I look at the permissions, it says the app can use precise location when using the app but just location in the background.

Does anyone know how to let the app use precise location in the background? I couldn't find it online.
I have wondered about this as well because it actually does occur with iPhone. I think that because the antenna is located in the inside ceiling of the car, if your pocket is lower than the base of the window the Bluetooth could be shielded by the metal of the car. Once you lift it out of your pocket there is more of a line of sight through the window. At least this is my completely unsubstantiated theory.

I have wondered about this as well because it actually does occur with iPhone. I think that because the antenna is located in the inside ceiling of the car, if your pocket is lower than the base of the window the Bluetooth could be shielded by the metal of the car. Once you lift it out of your pocket there is more of a line of sight through the window. At least this is my completely unsubstantiated theory.
Oh I guess I thought you didn't have to do anything with iPhones for mobile key to work. That's why I referenced android.

What does the widget do vs the app? Just display the SOC?

Mine is 70/30 and the 30 when I have to take it out of my pocket seems to occur only when I'm parked between cars

Oh I guess I thought you didn't have to do anything with iPhones for mobile key to work. That's why I referenced android.
You don’t. It’s just that sometimes if it doesn’t sense it, you take your phone out (usually, for me, to see if I have Bluetooth on or am accidentally in airplane mode) but by the time I take it out the car has unlocked.

It seems like the widget updates pretty frequently. But I have not noticed any improvement in the car recognizing the mobile key when I approach.

And as a side note, I am starting to feel like we all have the same issues with our cars to a certain degree. But since I drive so much and drive multiple times on a daily basis, the issues (locking and unlocking for example) affect me several times a day versus many people here who drive their Lucid once or twice a day at most. It makes sense to me now why many of you are not as affected by these things as I am.

It seems like the widget updates pretty frequently. But I have not noticed any improvement in the car recognizing the mobile key when I approach.

And as a side note, I am starting to feel like we all have the same issues with our cars to a certain degree. But since I drive so much and drive multiple times on a daily basis, the issues (locking and unlocking for example) affect me several times a day versus many people here who drive their Lucid once or twice a day at most. It makes sense to me now why many of you are not as affected by these things as I am.
The widget does not update unless the app is launched. This is despite the little timer at the bottom which means nothing.

Back