Mapping software and navigation

Please share with me why I should upgrade to a Lucid for other than the range and better service that Lucid can provide.

The customer service at Tesla a few years ago was amazing. You could call the service center and always get a live person and often they could help you solve the problem while on the phone. Or you could bring your car in for service, or they could come to your home for minor service. If your car needed to stay in the garage for more than a day, Tesla would provide another Model S loaner. Now, you have to make a service appointment through the app and if you need to leave your car for more than a day, they drop you off at Enterprise. Lucid is currently competing with Tesla Model S and so the cus service is going to be much better at least for the next few years. I look forward to hearing from you.

There're 21 Teslas in our extended family (see pix when we gather at our grandma's house). All models, all trims.
It's a lot of things, both big and small, and many of them lie in the realm of personal preferences. But here's my list, in no particular order:

- I find the Plaid's yoke unwieldy in quick maneuvers, and I detest the bizarre placement of the control buttons, especially the turn signal buttons.

- Despite the Plaid's considerable interior improvements over earlier Model S's, the airiness and elegance of the Air's interior is still a considerable step up.

- Changing temperature, vent position, and audio volume is much easier in the Air, with its well-placed buttons.

- Being able to control lights, wipers, and locks without going into submenus is a welcome relief from Tesla's approach.

- With the extending thigh supports, the Air's front seats are considerably more comfortable . . . and the massage functions ain't bad, either.

- Rear seat passengers have vastly more legroom in the Air. With the drivers seats set to my preferred position in both cars, the Air passenger behind me has 9" more fore-aft legroom.

- The Air, though a tad less quick on a hard launch, stays better planted on the front end. You can use more of the Air's acceleration safely than the Plaid's. From speed, the Lucid's acceleration is on par with the Plaid's.

- The Air is quieter (despite Tesla's having finally activated active noise cancellation), its ride more compliant, and the suspension better sorted in quick maneuvers. (Both our Plaid and our Air have 21" wheels.)

- The panel alignment, the interior fit & finish, and the sense of solidity conveyed by the Air's greater torsional stiffness is notably better than the Plaid's.

- The Air's audio system is better.

- The Air has proper auto-dimming review mirrors which are inexplicably missing in the Plaid.

I should note that there are some things I like better about the Plaid:

- Love the Google Earth satellite map on the main screen and badly miss it in the Air.

- At least for now, the Tesla software is much more responsive.

- I like the size of the 17" screen in the Lucid and wish the Air could accommodate a screen of that size in its more elegant layout.

- The front console storage area is better designed and executed in the Plaid (and is the one piece in the car that feels of higher quality than its Air counterpart).

- The Plaid has wireless chargers for four phones, including two in the front that provide easier placement and viewing of the phones.

- The sense of no physics holding you in check when you hit the throttle is exhilarating (at least until the front end comes loose).

- It's easier to get into and out of the Plaid's rear seat without bumping your head. (However, this advantage is offset by the tighter legroom making it hard to get your feet into and out of the car.)

Great list. Also for us, the lack of Blind Spot Monitor in our Teslas is quite annoying, and the current implementation of video to make up for the lack of BSM is suck a joke that we turned it off immediately after trying out.

My wife would not drive our Tesla due to the lack of BSM, and we both stopped using Auto-Pilot after couple indicents of phantom brake.

No Yoke.
Not a tablet on wheels, but has some real controls for things you want to get to.
Higher quality materials.
More luxurious interior.
Better handling.
not to mention the longer range which you stated I think is the most important reason. Perhaps @hmp10 can tell you more.
Not eleven exactly like it in my neighborhood.
Not four of them driving past everywhere I go.
Not easily confused with every 3, Y, or X.
New battery hopefully not losing charge.
New company, let’s keep them in business.
Apple CarPlay, maybe, hopefully someday.

Don’t get me wrong, I was a Tesla early adopter in 2012, have owned three MS’s, and have a deposit on a Roadster. I
love my P100D and will keep it as an AWD “beater” after my Air DE arrives (now a week late). But Tesla is slipping. Same colors, same design, nothing new or exciting (yoke, Cybertruck, really?). How about we give our money to a new company and make Tesla improve?

Back