Making final payment

RAK

Cars
Ordered Lucid Air Touring
I am about to make my payment for my Air. Has any of you used the Plaid app. that Lucid uses for making your payment.
I am somewhat reluctant to use it for some reason. I guess I just need some reasurancing.

I am about to make my payment for my Air. Has any of you used the Plaid app. that Lucid uses for making your payment.
I am somewhat reluctant to use it for some reason. I guess I just need some reasurancing.
Plaid is a pretty common industry standard at this point in the banking world. I don’t see much risk in using it. And I had no issues using it to pay Lucid. Took a few more days than I would have liked for Lucid to confirm receipt, but it worked fine.

Plaid doesn't even work with my main bank account so this will be interesting when I need to transfer over my down payment. I'll also inquire about Zelle.

i believe there's an option to enter your routing number and account number manually without using Plaid. if i recall correctly, you have to choose a bank and back out to see that option.

i believe there's an option to enter your routing number and account number manually without using Plaid. if i recall correctly, you have to choose a bank and back out to see that option.
This is good to know.

Reactions: RAK
Plaid is a pretty common industry standard at this point in the banking world. I don’t see much risk in using it. And I had no issues using it to pay Lucid. Took a few more days than I would have liked for Lucid to confirm receipt, but it worked fine.
Thank You for that

Plaid doesn't even work with my main bank account so this will be interesting when I need to transfer over my down payment. I'll also inquire about Zelle.
You have to use a checking account. I tied to use a money market account and it failed several times without saying why.

I just used it myself.

That option was not available at this time.

I used it with my Ally account. Worked as expected.

Plaid is fine. They will not Zelle.

You can alternatively wire.
Thanks. I'm going to use my Schwab account since they participate in Plaid.

Reactions: RAK
No Zelle. You can give them a certified check too. Brokerages like Schwab/TD Ameritrade do not work with Plaid. I did ACH transfer to Chase and used Plaid to pay.

Hi all, I just want to know how the process of payment to Lucid works, from the day we receive the Vin and to the last day we go to the Lucid delivery center to get our car. When we receive the VIN, is it required to pay some kind payment?
For example
1. The date we get the VIN we pay 1/3 of the cost for down payment
2. Next we pay 1/3 when we get the delivery date
3. LAST pay the rest OF THE MONEY on the last day
Maybe someone can clarify the process of the payment. Thanks

Hi all, I just want to know how the process of payment to Lucid works, from the day we receive the Vin and to the last day we go to the Lucid delivery center to get our car. When we receive the VIN, is it required to pay some kind payment?
For example
No requirement to make payment at the time of VIN assignment. In fact, I recall having to wait until the car was being shipped to my local studio for the Purchase Agreement to be sent to me and then the "make payment" button became active. Therefore, I made my payment all at once. Plaid worked flawlessly with my Capital One bank account though it took 3 business days for me to get the email confirming the payment/transfer despite Lucid seeing that payment was made immediately and my dashboard showing that I had a pending payment.

For example
There is no requirement. If your pickup point is in a state in which Lucid conducts on-premises sales, you can bring cashiers check right before you pickup the car. Since Lucid is not allowed to conduct on prem sales in NJ, all financing and payments are done before they will ship the car from PDI (Chicago for me) to studio or home delivery if applicable. That's my understanding.

Back