Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

Doesn’t mean that they aren’t listening. Or already working on it. A dash cam/sentry mode, for example, would be nice but was never promised in the original purchase agreement with Lucid. Most of what is requested is just mimicking other brands software. That’s not really being innovative.

I did fill out the survey and asked for dash cam/sentry mode myself. I would welcome it. I just don’t get bummed when it doesn’t show up in the release notes.
Of course, these features may come out tomorrow, for all we know.
Or they may never be implemented as no promise was ever made.
That said, it's human nature to compare with grass on the other side.

Of course, these features may come out tomorrow, for all we know.
Or they may never be implemented as no promise was ever made.
That said, it's human nature to compare with grass on the other side.
Seems strange that nobody here has received this OTA??

This will be my first major software update since owning the Lucid. Looking forward to what changes are in store.

Seems strange that nobody here has received this OTA??
The guy who posted it on Twitter is the Public Relations Senior Manager for Technology at Lucid, so it's likely a teaser shot to get us all excited for the upcoming update. My guess is it'll start pushing out in the next day or two, but who knows.

Totally agree.

However, the majority of owners I have met in the real world don’t even know this site exists. Most don’t even know what software version their car is on. Within this community, on this forum and particularly this thread, everyone is very critical of the software and its pace, quality and quantity. And that’s to be expected I suppose.

Lucid has people listening/reading on this site and a group of folks here that pushes info to them as a summarization of the complaints/issues. Lucid also knows that MOST of us are very happy. Lots of folks on this site don’t comment much about their good experiences.

Again, I agree with the fact that no one should have bought the car with the expectation that ALL of their software wishes will be granted. If you are unhappy, get in your car and just DRIVE it. It is soooo good at that.
Agreed. Met about 2 dozen or so owners that I hadn't met before at the KOP Rally and Tour and I think 1 or 2 may have joined us here in this forum since then. People forget this forum DOES NOT represent a large number of actual owners.

I’m really kind of stunned by the reaction of some to this update that no one here has yet received.

First the complaint is not enough updates- So we get one and it’s no good.

Second complaint is the updates are not significant- This one certainly seems significant even if it doesn’t address everything on the wishlist.

Third complaint is that Lucid should concentrate on bug fixes before introducing new features- This update appears to do just that but it’s still no good.

All this before anyone has actually tested it. Somehow damned if you do damned if you don’t doesn’t quite capture the full skepticism here.
Welcome to “The Internet”. As everyone knows, it is encompassed in a small box, and all hell is unleashed if it is tampered with!

2.2.2 - 5/21/2024

APPLE CARPLAY™
  • We have improved CarPlay connectivity and media play back issues. We have introduced the capability to initiate reconnection directly from the Home screen when an iPhone initially fails to connect to CarPlay.
SIRIUSXM™
  • We worked with our partners in SiriusXM to provide an enhanced user experience. Content browsing is now supported.
  • We have updated the Sirius XM playback capability to prevent the possibility of dual audio during a phone call.
USB ENHANCEMENTS
Repeat and Shuffle Feature Enabled​
  • Enhancement to your USB experience with the introduction of the Repeat and Shuffle feature. Now, you can enjoy your favorite tracks in a whole new way, adding more variety and flexibility to your music playback.
Improved USB Integration with Media App​
  • Enhanced integration between your USB device and the Media app to support the recent list for recently played tracks.
Seamless Transition and Track Display​
  • The Media app will now notify the Home app of your recent track plays, allowing you to see your recently played tracks directly on the Home app screen. Additionally, the Home app will accurately reflect recent tracks even when you skip tracks using the steering wheel buttons, ensuring consistency in your music playback experience.
Resume Playback Feature for USB Media​
  • Enjoy uninterrupted music playback with the USB media's ability to resume from where it left off if you switch away from it.
CREATURE COMFORT/KEEP MODES
  • We have made updates to Creature Comfort and Keep Modes. These modes can be turned off through a press and hold button on the display.

• Please be aware that your HVAC system will cut off when your battery charge falls below 2%, which will result in Creature Comfort Mode turning off. You will get notifications on your Lucid mobile app as your battery level runs low warning you to return to the vehicle before the mode turns off.

• We are preventing installation of manual and scheduled OTA software updates while the Creature Comfort Mode is active.

• Exterior lights will be turned off when Creature Comfort mode is active & vehicle is locked. The hazard lights can still be activated.
LIMITED REGENERATIVE BRAKING NOTIFICATION
  • We added notifications alerting you when regenerative braking is limited.
STABILITY CONTROL
  • We have added user selectable options for the Lucid stability control feature in the Air Pure rear-wheel drive vehicles.
STEERING
  • We have improved steering feel in the Air Pure rear-wheel drive vehicles.
OTHER MINOR UPDATES & IMPROVEMENTS
  • We have improved the key fob detection when it is placed inside the cup holders.
  • We have improved scheduled charging where the vehicle may start charging immediately if it is unlocked using a key linked to a different profile than the last active profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
2.2.2 - 5/21/2024

APPLE CARPLAY™

We have improved CarPlay connectivity and media play back issues. We have introduced the capability to initiate reconnection directly from the Home screen when an iPhone initially fails to connect to CarPlay.

SIRIUSXM™

We worked with our partners in SiriusXM to provide an enhanced user experience. Content browsing is now supported.

We have updated the Sirius XM playback capability to prevent the possibility of dual audio during a phone call.

USB ENHANCEMENTS

Repeat and Shuffle Feature Enabled

•Enhancement to your USB experience with the introduction of the Repeat and Shuffle feature. Now, you can enjoy your favorite tracks in a whole new way, adding more variety and flexibility to your music playback.

Improved USB Integration with Media App

•Enhanced integration between your USB device and the Media app to support the recent list for recently played tracks.

Seamless Transition and Track Display

•The Media app will now notify the Home app of your recent track plays, allowing you to see your recently played tracks directly on the Home app screen. Additionally, the Home app will accurately reflect recent tracks even when you skip tracks using the steering wheel buttons, ensuring consistency in your music playback experience.

Resume Playback Feature for USB Media

•Enjoy uninterrupted music playback with the USB media's ability to resume from where it left off if you switch away from it.

CREATURE COMFORT/KEEP MODES

•We have made updates to Creature Comfort and Keep Modes. These modes can be turned off through a press and hold button on the display.

•Please be aware that your HVAC system will cut off when your battery charge falls below 2%, which will result in Creature Comfort Mode turning off. You will get notifications on your Lucid mobile app as your battery level runs low warning you to return to the vehicle before the mode turns off.

•We are preventing installation of manual and scheduled OTA software updates while the Creature Comfort Mode is active.

•Exterior lights will be turned off when Creature Comfort mode is active & vehicle is locked. The hazard lights can still be activated.

LIMITED REGENERATIVE BRAKING NOTIFICATION

We added notifications alerting you when regenerative braking is limited.

STABILITY CONTROL

We have added user selectable options for the Lucid stability control feature in the Air Pure rear-wheel drive vehicles.

STEERING

We have improved steering feel in the Air Pure rear-wheel drive vehicles.

OTHER MINOR UPDATES & IMPROVEMENTS

•We have improved the key fob detection when it is placed inside the cup holders.

•We have improved scheduled charging where the vehicle may start charging immediately if it is unlocked using a key linked to a different profile than the last active profile.
Lucid: Improves lots of small bugs
People: No! We want more features! This update is garbage...

Lucid: Adds a lot of features
People: No! The small bugs in my car aren't fixed and Lucid didn't do anything about them! This update is garbage...

(okay, maybe I'll give you AA folks a pass for the first one. gotta keep the dreAAm alive!)

As @Lucken said, it almost seems like no matter what Lucid does, they can't win. At least we haven't hit Twitter levels of this yet!

Last edited:
Okay, the update seems to be starting to circulate. As usual, remember this process usually takes a couple of weeks from the first cars until it reaches the entire fleet. Don't panic if you don't see it right away.

This is actually a solid update that addresses a lot of little bits that have been bothering folks for a long time. Most people will likely only care about one or two of the things they've changed, but those one or two will be welcome, all the same.

For me, the regen warning is a great addition. I don't charge to 100% often, but when I do for a road trip, I often forget I'm going to need to make that adjustment in one-pedal driving. I agree with the folks who say too many warnings can be distracting, but this is one warning where the tradeoff is worth it.

Reconnecting to CarPlay easier is also welcome. Doesn't happen to me too often, but when I lose connection, having to dig into menus to get it going again is not ideal. I look forward to trying this out if my CarPlay disconnects on me again. (Maybe that will happen less often, too?)

The USB music improvements are also welcome. It's easy to forget Lucid didn't plan on offering USB media at all when they launched this car. Then they added it, and immediately people complained that it wasn't the best implementation. I'm glad they didnt' just "check" it off on their list and forget it. Shows they want to keep improving the experience. I'm sure there's a lot more they can and will do in the future.

Not yet, and I'm on @mcr16's early release list. That said, I'm sorry to say that there is not one item on the list that I care a lick about, but I am happy for those who do, such as the Pure RWD owners.

Anybody got the update yet?
Yes.
1000003019.jpg
1000003020.jpg

do not turn this thread into another stupid AA Carplay one

Back