Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

...I’m simultaneously old enough to remember having to buy SD cards for nav from the dealer just to get new street names on there...
2006 Lexus CD rom disks! At $350 a pop.
FWIW my Air hasn't started downloading 2.2.2 yet.

Just my perspective on it, although TBF I don't think Lucid cares much about my entire target demographic.
Sure. Since you can’t drive yet, I would argue that there is zero chance you are the target demographic.

2006 Lexus CD rom disks! At $350 a pop.
FWIW my Air hasn't started downloading 2.2.2 yet.
I just checked and didn’t see it, either.
What I did see, however, was the tire pressures even though the car was last driven 16 hours ago.Hope this is a real feature, not a fluke.

Sure. Since you can’t drive yet, I would argue that there is zero chance you are the target demographic.
Agreed, and thats why I pointed that out. I meant to say entire demographic, not entire target demographic. Sorry!

I'm old enough to remember when nav updates required buying a new Thomas Guide...
So…. Is it a bad thing I had to search that up?
(My parents did use paper maps until 2013, but I was only 4 then. One of life’s biggest challenges is folding those maps correctly, and anybody who succeeds deserves a Nobel prize.)

So…. Is it a bad thing I had to search that up?
(My parents did use paper maps until 2013, but I was only 4 then. One of life’s biggest challenges is folding those maps correctly, and anybody who succeeds deserves a Nobel prize.)
No, not a bad thing. GPS is better in most ways, but old-school map reading is a good skill to foster and practice.

I'm old enough to remember when nav updates required buying a new Thomas Guide...
During lunch today, a friend of mine said the his nephew mentioned that he heard that back in the 1900's, people listened to music on cassette tapes. Said in the same way you might say, back in the 1800's people rode on horses instead of cars. Talk about feeling old!
I haven't gotten the update myself yet. It's my first car with OTA updates, so I think it's pretty nice. BTW, I rode in this friend's Model 3. When he put on the right turn signal, a camera picture showed up on the screen, like our turn signal view. It's a new feature on the Tesla that he really likes.

During lunch today, a friend of mine said the his nephew mentioned that he heard that back in the 1900's, people listened to music on cassette tapes. Said in the same way you might say, back in the 1800's people rode on horses instead of cars. Talk about feeling old!
I haven't gotten the update myself yet. It's my first car with OTA updates, so I think it's pretty nice. BTW, I rode in this friend's Model 3. When he put on the right turn signal, a camera picture showed up on the screen, like our turn signal view. It's a new feature on the Tesla that he really likes.
Weren't cassette tapes in use during the 90s and to a lesser extent the 00s? Still have some of them..

Weren't cassette tapes in use during the 90s and to a lesser extent the 00s? Still have some of them..
Yes. I'm in my 20s and grew up using audio and video tapes. CDs and DVDs became available relatively early in my life, but they were still the more expensive option for a while. Oh, and I currently have a stack of paper maps in my Lucid which I break out every so often.
You're never too young for someone younger to make you feel like a dinosaur...
1716421234486.png

Yes. I'm in my 20s and grew up using audio and video tapes. CDs and DVDs became available relatively early in my life, but they were still the more expensive option for a while. Oh, and I currently have a stack of paper maps in my Lucid which I break out every so often.
You're never too young for someone younger to make you feel like a dinosaur...
View attachment 20876
Baby shark doo-doo doo-doo (and yes, even I feel old which is hugely ironic.)

Oh, stop it.
Of course @xponents can drive.
In Mexico...for sure.
Put me on a track and I will definitely post competitive times. I just need to learn that there's no rewind function in real life, and then we should be good to go. 🤣

I actually have "parked" a car (my dads hands were also on the wheel and he controlled the pedals), but other than that, my road experiences have been non-existent. Can't wait till I go to Mexico, although I only need to wait 1.1 years to legally drive!

Thomas Guides are the best. Also going to AAA and asking for maps of your vacation destination....

Thomas Guides are the best. Also going to AAA and asking for maps of your vacation destination....
Wait... you could get paper maps from places other than rest areas?

(apologies in advance if I am making some of you feel old... oops. not my intention!)

Back