Issues with my Lucid

audiojerry

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
DE Number
I'm loving the driving experience but very frustrated with many quirks and defects.

I am beginning only my 3rd week with my new Touring. Everytime I enter it and drive, I feel like I'm experiencing something special. It is a joy to drive, but my wife and I have encountered some very frustrating issues that leave me with mixed emotions.

I've experienced loose fitting, rattling and sqeaking interior and exterior parts, and odd, inconsistent, and non working operational functions that I surmise are software related. The steering wheel squeaked, which I am happy to report was fixed with at-home visit by the service technician from Goose Island. He also helped set up the garage door opener with Homelink. The technician was very helpful and knowledgeable, but he was unable to correct other software related issues.

For example, the car seems to confuse the profile identify of the driver when the current driver differs from the previous driver, but the behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes the profile of the current driver displays correctly, but after pressing the brake it either does not set the seat, mirrors, and steering wheel at all or it sets them to the position of the previous driver. The key fob does not always unlock the doors when approaching. The passenger door doesn't unlock when the car is in Park and must be opened by the driver by pulling the inside door handle. Re-booting the computer by holding down the "Lucid" icon does not correct it. There are more examples of software issues.

Referring to Homelink, it's quirky in its functionality and inferior to mirror integrated units found in far less expensive cars. It seems like Lucid's engineers are very software oriented and have put too much functionality into software with the intent of providing greater upgrade-ability, but it seems like this approach allows for the introduction of more bugs and should require better programming standards and tighter testing QC before releasing upgrades.

After reading about the annoying and frustrating behaviors reported by other owners and experiencing some of them myself, I believe Lucid is not ready for prime time

For example, the car seems to confuse the profile identify of the driver when the current driver differs from the previous driver, but the behavior is inconsistent.
It’s defined by who gets to the car first - that is, if you and your partner are both carrying your fob or phone/mobile key, whichever one of you is detected first is the profile it will choose. If one of you is the most frequent driver of the car, you can unlink the other fob/phone from the other profile. In that case, it will still unlock the car but not automatically switch profiles.

Sometimes the profile of the current driver displays correctly, but after pressing the brake it either does not set the seat, mirrors, and steering wheel at all or it sets them to the position of the previous driver.
This is unusual; I haven’t had this happen. Do you have easy exit/entry turned on?

The key fob does not always unlock the doors when approaching.
Known issue. Try replacing your fob battery.

The passenger door doesn't unlock when the car is in Park and must be opened by the driver by pulling the inside door handle. Re-booting the computer by holding down the "Lucid" icon does not correct it. There are more examples of software issues.
This is not a software issue. You need your door handle replaced. Call service.

Referring to Homelink, it's quirky in its functionality and inferior to mirror integrated units found in far less expensive cars.
I happen to prefer the software-enabled version, but I know I’m in the minority here. I’m certain they’ll eventually improve the UX.

It seems like Lucid's engineers are very software oriented and have put too much functionality into software with the intent of providing greater upgrade-ability, but it seems like this approach allows for the introduction of more bugs and should require better programming standards and tighter testing QC before releasing upgrades.
There would have been bugs regardless. Every time Lucid does a bug sprint and releases no features, but fixes a ton of bugs, people clamor for features and complain.

Whenever they release features, people complain about bugs.

Hard to win everyone over all the time. With time, it will all improve.

There would have been bugs regardless. Every time Lucid does a bug sprint and releases no features, but fixes a ton of bugs, people clamor for features and complain.

Whenever they release features, people complain about bugs.

Hard to win everyone over all the time. With time, it will all improve.
I wouldn't be calling them sprints at this stage 😂 . OTA's are being delivered at a snails pace both for features and bug fixes. I get they've got the Gravity to deal with but its becoming very clear that the Air has been put on the back burner whether Lucid wants to admit that or not.

Known issue. Try replacing your fob battery.

This may ben a known issue but that does not necessarily correct it. I have had my car for 21 months and 25k miles. I have replaced the fob and the fob battery multiple times. In fact, I just put a new batter in yesterday....yest, I still sat at my door for north of 15 seconds before the car recognized by fob or phone. I have continually asked them to replace the sensor (or whatever it is) in the car but they have not. They just continue to replace the fob battery. I will gladly share the video from today if you don't believe it can be a "car" issue and not a fob issue.

I wouldn't be calling them sprints at this stage 😂 . OTA's are being delivered at a snails pace both for features and bug fixes. I get they've got the Gravity to deal with but its becoming very clear that the Air has been put on the back burner whether Lucid wants to admit that or not.
Today's release of the 2025 air models including the 5m/kWhr milestone is a pretty clear indication that the Air has not been "put on the back burner."

To clarify my issue: The car does not recognize driver profile when no other person is near the car. The key fob batteries are new. They were replaced by the technician when he visited a little over a week ago. The failure of the passenger door to unlock has happened only once so far.

I don't know about snail's pace, but I think your conclusion is perhaps a leap too far; the last time there was a major slowdown of OTAs was a few weeks/months before 2.0 was released, and there were similar grumblings. I've not heard anything that implies the Air is being put on the back-burner, though of course using the same team to do both cars will inherently slow things down somewhat.

This may ben a known issue but that does not necessarily correct it. I have had my car for 21 months and 25k miles. I have replaced the fob and the fob battery multiple times. In fact, I just put a new batter in yesterday....yest, I still sat at my door for north of 15 seconds before the car recognized by fob or phone. I have continually asked them to replace the sensor (or whatever it is) in the car but they have not. They just continue to replace the fob battery. I will gladly share the video from today if you don't believe it can be a "car" issue and not a fob issue.
Oh, I agree - I was just clarifying that there isn't much you can do about it. You can ask them to replace your antenna (which is what you meant to say) if they can replicate it. That's all I meant; it's a known issue that we don't have a great resolution for.

To clarify my issue: The car does not recognize driver profile when no other person is near the car. The key fob batteries are new. They were replaced by the technician when he visited a little over a week ago. The failure of the passenger door to unlock has happened only once so far.
Have you linked the keyfob to the profile in your settings? That is a separate step from the keyfob simply unlocking the car and letting you drive.

Hi, I've had my car for a week now and thought I'd report what we are seeing as current glitches and see if any of ours overlap. The sales adviser suggested gathering up the info after a week or so and sending to service.

-Camera errors and blockage notices. On each of our 4 long run trips we had random left, center, or right side camera blockage notices, or a different error saying the camera didn't connect. this didn't happen in any adverse weather. clear sky in moderate temps

-driver profiles getting confused like others mentioning, doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason. this could be us learning how the car reads the profiles and who needs to enter the car first.

-rear sunshade button taking 3-5 presses on either the front panel or the rear seat panel to activate. this was a repeatable behavior

-connectivity issues with nav and infotainment along interstate 80

-can't get homelink to function yet, spent 20 minutes following the directions but haven't been able to get it to work

My wife wanted a lesson in the Lucid. Set up her profile, saved seat and steering wheel setting to her profile. Shows her name as user, but sets the seat for me. Not sure if it is a software glitch or a wetware glitch.

.....-can't get homelink to function yet, spent 20 minutes following the directions but haven't been able to get it to work
What part didn't seem to work? Having the car learn your remote's signal, or having the garage door opener learn your car's signal?

What part didn't seem to work? Having the car learn your remote's signal, or having the garage door opener learn your car's signal?
It seemed the car learned the signal, at least the feedback during the procedure suggested the car had learned the feature. But then wouldn't open the garage door when activated. I haven't spent enough more time with it to see what we are doing incorrectly.

It seemed the car learned the signal, at least the feedback during the procedure suggested the car had learned the feature. But then wouldn't open the garage door when activated. I haven't spent enough more time with it to see what we are doing incorrectly.
After teaching the car the correct signal from an existing remote, you have to teach the opener to accept the signal that the car emits. To do this, you may need to disengage your opener from the door using its emergency release lever, park the nose of the car directly under the opener, then press the "learn" button on the opener and quickly get back in the car and send the "open" signal from the car.

After teaching the car the correct signal from an existing remote, you have to teach the opener to accept the signal that the car emits. To do this, you may need to disengage your opener from the door using its emergency release lever, park the nose of the car directly under the opener, then press the "learn" button on the opener and quickly get back in the car and send the "open" signal from the car.
Seems awkward but this has always worked for me on rolling code openers.

I'm loving the driving experience but very frustrated with many quirks and defects.

I am beginning only my 3rd week with my new Touring. Everytime I enter it and drive, I feel like I'm experiencing something special. It is a joy to drive, but my wife and I have encountered some very frustrating issues that leave me with mixed emotions.

I've experienced loose fitting, rattling and sqeaking interior and exterior parts, and odd, inconsistent, and non working operational functions that I surmise are software related. The steering wheel squeaked, which I am happy to report was fixed with at-home visit by the service technician from Goose Island. He also helped set up the garage door opener with Homelink. The technician was very helpful and knowledgeable, but he was unable to correct other software related issues.

For example, the car seems to confuse the profile identify of the driver when the current driver differs from the previous driver, but the behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes the profile of the current driver displays correctly, but after pressing the brake it either does not set the seat, mirrors, and steering wheel at all or it sets them to the position of the previous driver. The key fob does not always unlock the doors when approaching. The passenger door doesn't unlock when the car is in Park and must be opened by the driver by pulling the inside door handle. Re-booting the computer by holding down the "Lucid" icon does not correct it. There are more examples of software issues.

Referring to Homelink, it's quirky in its functionality and inferior to mirror integrated units found in far less expensive cars. It seems like Lucid's engineers are very software oriented and have put too much functionality into software with the intent of providing greater upgrade-ability, but it seems like this approach allows for the introduction of more bugs and should require better programming standards and tighter testing QC before releasing upgrades.

After reading about the annoying and frustrating behaviors reported by other owners and experiencing some of them myself, I believe Lucid is not ready for prime time
Reach out to Lucid Mobile Service - they just came out and resolved the squeaking issues for me from the steering wheel. (this is the 2nd time they've "fixed" this)

Regarding the profile issue - have you reported this problem to Lucid? I have had similar issues with profiles in my vehicle which Lucid Engineering told the mobile tech that came out today are unique to my vehicle. (1. my car prefers my wife's profile and consistently switches to her profile when we're together in the car even though I'm the primary user. 2. The car forgets my seat settings (restore doesn't work), so that I have to set it up again and save it to my profile. 3. Intermittently when I'm and about by myself with no other fob or mobile key other than mine with me, the profile will switch to my wife's (secondary user). 4. 50% of the time the car will not wake up on approach using the mobile key)

My steering wheel was replaced (it is a recognized issue, and I was told Lucid will be replacing the current steering wheel with a new design)

I reported the inconsistent profile recognition behaviors. There is no apparent solution that I am aware of.

My steering wheel was replaced (it is a recognized issue, and I was told Lucid will be replacing the current steering wheel with a new design)

I reported the inconsistent profile recognition behaviors. There is no apparent solution that I am aware of.
Don't link a profile to the key or only do 1

Interesting on the new design for the steering wheel. I wonder if it will be on the 2025 Air and be the same as the Gravity steering wheel? That would be nice.

Interesting on the new design for the steering wheel. I wonder if it will be on the 2025 Air and be the same as the Gravity steering wheel? That would be nice.
I'd bet it will be on new production Airs, yes. It will not be the same as the Gravity wheel, that's a completely different design. This "new design" is just less creaky.

Back