Issues with my Lucid

? Then what does car use to recognize current driver profile if more than one? The remote key (Lucid app)? Facial recognition?
Most of the time it recognizes whoever gets to the car first, but I can't say that works 100% of the time. If I'm going somewhere with my hubby, I let him go out to the garage and get in before I go out.

? Then what does car use to recognize current driver profile if more than one? The remote key (Lucid app)? Facial recognition?
I have 4 profiles. The 2 main drivers are each linked to their own key fob. We never take both fobs at the same time. Its possible to set it up and have it work but you need to know the limitations. I also have 3 mobile keys setup and two of them are also tied to profiles. We turn off Bluetooth to ensure the wrong profile isn't selected. But like @Amster said, the easiest way is to have the driver go out first if you don't want to jump through that many hoops. Frankly speaking over the last 3 years profiles haven't been an issue at all for us and it doesn't seem as complicated or annoying as my post makes it seem.

Most of the time it recognizes whoever gets to the car first, but I can't say that works 100% of the time. If I'm going somewhere with my hubby, I let him go out to the garage and get in before I go out.
Really?
I have 4 profiles. The 2 main drivers are each linked to their own key fob. We never take both fobs at the same time. Its possible to set it up and have it work but you need to know the limitations. I also have 3 mobile keys setup and two of them are also tied to profiles. We turn off Bluetooth to ensure the wrong profile isn't selected. But like @Amster said, the easiest way is to have the driver go out first if you don't want to jump through that many hoops. Frankly speaking over the last 3 years profiles haven't been an issue at all for us and it doesn't seem as complicated or annoying as my post makes it seem.
This strikes me as ludicrous. It makes me feel like we are being subjected to someone's idea of a nasty joke - to have to go through these gyrations is demeaning and insulting, in my opinion. I want to feel special upon entering this beautiful machine by having the car recognize me and greet me with all my personal preferences. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'4". It is not pleasant to
have the seat and steering wheel begin pressing towards me from both directions like the jaws of a vise.

Like in so many cars today, pressing a memory button on the door panel is convennient, elegant, and can be made to provide the same functionaly. I can't see the advantage of requiring this essential funtionality be part of the upgradeable software.

Thanks for the info, let me try that. It's an office park garage so not exactly like a home one so perhaps that's my error.
I'm curious, did you not put the receiver in "Learn" mode at all, or did you try it and it didn't work? In my case, I made an error where it turns out I had to press the 'learn' button on the wall unit not once, but twice (took a trip to the manual for that one). The on-screen UI in Lucid makes it clear that the unit has to be placed in Learn mode, it's not just a matter of teaching the Lucid your code (pressing the button while holding it near the front of the car).

I'm curious, did you not put the receiver in "Learn" mode at all,
Not sure what "receiver" means. I held the remote for my opener in front of the hood until the horn beeped and the lights flashed. I returned to the car where the Pilot instructed me to
press the "learn" button on my opener, after which I returned to the car to complete the 3 step programming sequence. After the 3rd step completed, my garage door closed.

Really?

This strikes me as ludicrous. It makes me feel like we are being subjected to someone's idea of a nasty joke - to have to go through these gyrations is demeaning and insulting, in my opinion. I want to feel special upon entering this beautiful machine by having the car recognize me and greet me with all my personal preferences. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'4". It is not pleasant to
have the seat and steering wheel begin pressing towards me from both directions like the jaws of a vise.
I have the same issue. I am 5'1", my husband is 6'2". Do you have Easy Entry turned on? This has been the best thing for us, and totally solved the problem of him getting crushed. When he gets in the car, he looks at the screen. If he sees my profile picture, he can change the profile to his before buckling the seat belt. The seat doesn't move until the belt is buckled.

I have the same issue. I am 5'1", my husband is 6'2". Do you have Easy Entry turned on? This has been the best thing for us, and totally solved the problem of him getting crushed. When he gets in the car, he looks at the screen. If he sees my profile picture, he can change the profile to his before buckling the seat belt. The seat doesn't move until the belt is buckled.
This is a good solution, use easy entry and then change profile if needed. Simple!

Is it me, or do some of these new owners come across as very entitled? Bemoaning missing features that were never there because they clearly didn't do their research before buying a car? Arguing with longtime members about fixes for quirks the car has? Ugh.

Is it me, or do some of these new owners come across as very entitled? Bemoaning missing features that were never there because they clearly didn't do their research before buying a car? Arguing with longtime members about fixes for quirks the car has? Ugh.
I don't get it either. I was on this forum for months before I placed my order, as well as some of the Facebook Lucid groups, to ask questions about features that were important to me and to see how owners liked the car. Why would you buy something this expensive without finding out everything you could before committing your money?

Sorry for venting about my complaints.

I want Lucid as a company to be wildly successful, and I want Lucid to correct these few but very frustrating behaviors. Digging into this forum's past posts, I found some of the same issues I'm experiencing going back to 2022 or longer.

Using only one key fob, deleting fobs or mobile keys from profiles, turning bluetooth off before entering the car, or waiting for first person to approach the car before the 2nd person can come near the car.... .... these are workarounds and may not work consistently for every owner ... and they shouldn't be necessary.

Bottom line, It's an exhilirating experience every time I start driving my Lucid.

I want Lucid as a company to be wildly successful, and I want Lucid to correct these few but very frustrating behaviors. Digging into this forum's past posts, I found some of the same issues I'm experiencing going back to 2022 or longer.

Using only one key fob, deleting fobs or mobile keys from profiles, turning bluetooth off before entering the car, or waiting for first person to approach the car before the 2nd person can come near the car.... .... these are workarounds and may not work consistently for every owner ... and they shouldn't be necessary.

Bottom line, It's an exhilirating experience every time I start driving my Lucid.
I hear what you're saying. The fob and mobile key access has been an issue for some time. I can pretty much guarantee they will have this fixed for Gravity, but it is one of those "live with" items on the Air, at least for now. Given that it isn't going to change any time soon, the workarounds are what we can do, both as owners and as members of this forum, to focus on the positive aspects instead of the annoying, but in reality very minor, issue of the fob or profiles.

I'm hopeful that they will use the facial recognition for profile selection in a future update, but I don't know if that's on their buglist. Even that isn't perfect, because some people keep the steering wheel in a position that blocks the camera's view of their face, so they may need to make some adjustments with where they keep the wheel or seat, and so on.

While Lucid can make the vehicles exactly the same, they cannot make the owners exactly the same. For the average owner, the fobs and mobile keys work perfectly fine, and switching profiles is a relatively minor annoyance. Of course that won't be true for every owner.

You're not wrong. But we can't fix it for you, and we're aware of the issue, so the best we can do is provide the workarounds we know work for us. We'd prefer to avoid preaching to the choir here, because it can become endless.

I hear what you're saying. The fob and mobile key access has been an issue for some time. I can pretty much guarantee they will have this fixed for Gravity, but it is one of those "live with" items on the Air, at least for now. Given that it isn't going to change any time soon, the workarounds are what we can do, both as owners and as members of this forum, to focus on the positive aspects instead of the annoying, but in reality very minor, issue of the fob or profiles.

I'm hopeful that they will use the facial recognition for profile selection in a future update, but I don't know if that's on their buglist. Even that isn't perfect, because some people keep the steering wheel in a position that blocks the camera's view of their face, so they may need to make some adjustments with where they keep the wheel or seat, and so on.

While Lucid can make the vehicles exactly the same, they cannot make the owners exactly the same. For the average owner, the fobs and mobile keys work perfectly fine, and switching profiles is a relatively minor annoyance. Of course that won't be true for every owner.

You're not wrong. But we can't fix it for you, and we're aware of the issue, so the best we can do is provide the workarounds we know work for us. We'd prefer to avoid preaching to the choir here, because it can become endless.
Just one thing Lucid could do to mitigate the wheel in front of the camera thing is they could take advantage of easy entry. After the owner gets out the car, the wheel could lower enough to make the camera visible for the next driver. Next driver enters, presses their foot on the break, camera scans, switches to the correct profile, and bam sets the seat/wheel height appropriately. Like you said, unsure if it actually is on the to do list but would be a nifty way to handle this.

When I delete the key fob from the profile can I still open the doors with the key fob?

I saw another post about unlinking the key fob, but I cannot find it.

When I delete the key fob from the profile can I still open the doors with the key fob?

Yes, only Lucid can actually pair and un-pair fobs at the moment.

Yes. The only thing unlinking it from the profile does is stop automatically loading that profile when the fob is used, instead reverting to the previous driver.

Back