Lucid Inventory Orders

I agree. As a LCID, investor, not a good sign that remaining 30k reservations are all touring and pure.

Lucid’s future is partially contingent on overseas sales, especially the Middle East and Europe , where sedans are more desired than large trucks. Fingers crossed for successful expansion.

I agree. As a LCID, investor, not a good sign that remaining 30k reservations are all touring and pure.
I mean, that’s to be expected. That’s where the money is to be made anyhow? Look how many MS and MX Teslas sells in comparison to their more affordable M3 and MY.
Not everyone has $170k to buy a GT (with OG pricing gone). So the Pure was always going to be the most desirable.

I mean, that’s to be expected. That’s where the money is to be made anyhow? Look how many MS and MX Teslas sells in comparison to their more affordable M3 and MY.
Not everyone has $170k to buy a GT (with OG pricing gone). So the Pure was always going to be the most desirable.
I think lucid air has too many variations with the same platform. GT and Pure look about the same. GT owners need to feel special for paying top dollars similar to MB AMG line. They need to create more exclusive look for GT.

I think lucid air has too many variations with the same platform. GT and Pure look about the same. GT owners need to feel special for paying top dollars similar to MB AMG line. They need to create more exclusive look for GT.
Yes agree, want to look more special for $170 (with sales tax). Also, think 170 is expensive since one major lure is the 819 HP that cant really be used unless you want tickets or hit the ditch and then theres the quality issues.

I don't think this is a sign of anything except a few cancelations they want to move before year's end.

People drive toward such a doom-and-gloom mentality over the dumbest things.

They don't have thousands of cars sitting in inventory that no one wants. It's a pretty limited group of available cars they are selling there. Looks like about 9 cars to me.

OOOOOHHHH. THEY'RE DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!

You know who else always has an existing inventory page full of cars to sell? Tesla. https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/ms

They’re offering 2.81% on these thru in house financing. Not a bad rate these days.

Yes agree, want to look more special for $170 (with sales tax). Also, think 170 is expensive since one major lure is the 819 HP that cant really be used unless you want tickets or hit the ditch and then theres the quality issues.
I can tell you that I contemplated going to AGT from touring for the range and awesome massage seats. Extra horsepower was not even in my consideration. Ultimately it was just too much money to upgrade from the touring.

I can tell you that I contemplated going to AGT from touring for the range and awesome massage seats. Extra horsepower was not even in my consideration. Ultimately it was just too much money to upgrade from the touring.
I was in the same boat. Wanted massage. Would have been happy for the extra range, though I wasn't thrilled with the loss of those three inches of back footwell vertical space. And I didn't really care about the horsepower at all. Touring is already faster than anything I've ever owned, anyway.

It was just a bit too much extra money to be worth it to me.

Yup. I want massaging seats more than anything but I can't swallow $170k. It’s just not feasible.

I don't think this is a sign of anything except a few cancelations they want to move before year's end.

People drive toward such a doom-and-gloom mentality over the dumbest things.

They don't have thousands of cars sitting in inventory that no one wants. It's a pretty limited group of available cars they are selling there. Looks like about 9 cars to me.

OOOOOHHHH. THEY'RE DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!

You know who else always has an existing inventory page full of cars to sell? Tesla. https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/ms
OMG...... TESLA IS DOOMED ALSO????? 😂

Again, i'm not surprised by this and think it's being blown way out of proportion. Luxury cars are one of the first things to stop selling when battling high inflation \ recessions. Lucid isn't a cheap car and people will often try and hoard cash in these uncertain times. Even Ioniq sales are slowing down so it's just the car market in general taking a hit due to the economy. Not everyone is like Kyle who seems to have indispensable cash to just buy whatever car he wants whenever he wants and as much as I like Kyle it's a little annoying to see him running with this narrative of doom and gloom.

There are others like myself that have a GT on order but I am waiting on a 2023 build. I am sure these are probably 2022 cancelled orders. I was asked if I wanted one of these but I prefer to wait on the 2023.

Again, i'm not surprised by this and think it's being blown way out of proportion. Luxury cars are one of the first things to stop selling when battling high inflation \ recessions. Lucid isn't a cheap car and people will often try and hoard cash in these uncertain times. Even Ioniq sales are slowing down so it's just the car market in general taking a hit due to the economy. Not everyone is like Kyle who seems to have indispensable cash to just buy whatever car he wants whenever he wants and as much as I like Kyle it's a little annoying to see him running with this narrative of doom and gloom.
Kyle lost me when he stated the only reason to buy an EV is to accelerate as fast as possible from every stop (paraphrasing). Wasn't in my top 10 reasons.

Lucid’s future is partially contingent on overseas sales, especially the Middle East and Europe , where sedans are more desired than large trucks. Fingers crossed for successful expansion.
I think even overseas people want mid size suvs the size of tesla model y. That is where the volume is. Also suv commands a higher premium. They will accept epa range of 300 miles with a smaller battery. They will want just adaptive cruise control with steering and lane centering, parking in tight spots. I think they will pay 15% premium over a fully loaded model y. In the US, more adas and other features like massage seats will command a premium.

I think even overseas people want mid size suvs the size of tesla model y. That is where the volume is. Also suv commands a higher premium. They will accept epa range of 300 miles with a smaller battery. They will want just adaptive cruise control with steering and lane centering, parking in tight spots. I think they will pay 15% premium over a fully loaded model y. In the US, more adas and other features like massage seats will command a premium.

Yes, you are likely correct about the SUV point. Where I live, monster trucks are a status symbol but tend to be inversely correlated with IQ ( although exceptions abound) . Sorry if I offended anyone. In the US, trucks are more prevalent than anywhere in the world.
I think one of the reasons Rivian is selling so many more vehicles, is because it’s first vehicle is a truck.
I believe sedans will do better overseas.

I believe sedans will do better overseas.
Hence Lucid continually opening showrooms overseas when they are just barely getting on their feet with US production. Everyone knew from the outset that sedans are a dying segment in the US.

Hence Lucid continually opening showrooms overseas when they are just barely getting on their feet with US production. Everyone knew from the outset that sedans are a dying segment in the US.

It seems that is their strategy, which makes some sense.
I don’t understand the United States’ obsession with SUVs and giant trucks, but that is just my perspective.

Back