Several week wait for inventory car

AMGabor

Hi All,

First post here. I ordered an inventory GT on 1 December and today the delivery person told me that it might arrive on the week of 25 December, but not sure because their trailer is not full yet. Is this normal? Waiting for an inventory car for a whole month? Last December I bought an inventory Model 3 and was driving away from the dealership (I now it is not a dealer, but don't have a better word for it) 2 days later. Do you think I can escalate this somewhere?

They are probably waiting for the whole trailer to fill up. There are most likely other cars they are waiting for to be delivered to the same location as yours. It all depends how far away it is. I think there will be a big push to fulfil deliveries by the end year. I am pretty sure you will get your car by the end of the month. I would focus on getting all the paperwork, insurance, signatures, financing ready before hand, so there are no delays when car is available.

When I ordered my car, I was pleasantly surprised to be offered a cancelled reservation of my exact model that had been delivered to Chicago, but they needed to arrange delivery in Boston. I had a week delay (which seemed like an eternity), but they finally found transportation and she arrived. It's well worth the wait, but the company still needs to make business decisions which will allow for the most efficient and cost-effective delivery.

Yes it is normal. The car comes from Arizona. First the plant checks the car to make sure everything is ok then they schedule trucking then after that the local office takes a few days to get it ready. Mine took about 5 weeks to arrive for a car “available now”.

My inventory car showed up in like a week from the factory, from AZ to CA, they said 2-3 weeks but it showed up sooner than I was told.

It makes sense on both ends. First that Tesla could deliver in 2 days. When I drove out to Montana (from NY) for pandemic skiing in February 2021 I saw four to five trailers loaded with Teslas going the other direction each day. Lucid is not delivering anywhere near that volume. So it makes sense for Lucid to wait two weeks to full (or almost fill a trailer) .

Ordered my touring from inventory- expected delivered on the 9th. Service center couldn't schedule when I was available so had to push to the 11th. Now rescheduled to the 19th because of software modules.
I'll definitely be running through the checklist on this. There's also no way to escalate or "get someone on the phone" since there doesn't seem to be a manager or accountability. Sorta glad I chose the lease instead of buying as I feel I'm in for a rocky road ahead.

Back