Lucid Inventory Orders

It seems that is their strategy, which makes some sense.
I don’t understand the United States’ obsession with SUVs and giant trucks, but that is just my perspective.
Because we're fat.

I don’t understand the United States’ obsession with SUVs and giant trucks, but that is just my perspective.
Agree, which is why I’m buying a Lucid. I find the tall driving position of SUVs unpleasant. I don’t go off road. If I needed to carry a bunch of people I’d get a minivan. To me an SUV is bad at most things most people need out of a car. But my opinion is the minority one, which is OK, I’m not trying to change minds.

The current generation of smaller SUVs are just station wagons on stilts anyway.

Agree, which is why I’m buying a Lucid. I find the tall driving position of SUVs unpleasant. I don’t go off road. If I needed to carry a bunch of people I’d get a minivan. To me an SUV is bad at most things most people need out of a car. But my opinion is the minority one, which is OK, I’m not trying to change minds.

The current generation of smaller SUVs are just station wagons on stilts anyway.
I guess I am also of the minority opinion. I bought a Lucid AGT for myself and my wife's BMW i4M50 should arrive in 1 week.

My wife is 5' tall and finds it difficult to get into an SUV and so prefers a small sedan. I also do not like the tall driving position of an SUV either.

I think lucid air has too many variations with the same platform. GT and Pure look about the same. GT owners need to feel special for paying top dollars similar to MB AMG line. They need to create more exclusive look for GT.
In 2016, Tesla made even more trim levels for Model-X. (Base + options)

- 60D ($74,000+)
- 70D ($80,000+)
- 75D ($85,500+)
- 90D ($95,500+)
- P90D ($115,500+)
- P100D ($135,500+)

6 years later, after inflation adjustment, global supply chain problem, and battery size comparison. Damn! Lucid look even more valued than Tesla flagship luxury back then.

Last edited:
There are others like myself that have a GT on order but I am waiting on a 2023 build. I am sure these are probably 2022 cancelled orders. I was asked if I wanted one of these but I prefer to wait on the 2023.
I agree with you that these are likely 2022 cancelation orders. I'm considering a GT as well, so I was curious as to the reasoning for waiting for a 2023?

Yes, you are likely correct about the SUV point. Where I live, monster trucks are a status symbol but tend to be inversely correlated with IQ ( although exceptions abound) . Sorry if I offended anyone. In the US, trucks are more prevalent than anywhere in the world.
I think one of the reasons Rivian is selling so many more vehicles, is because it’s first vehicle is a truck.
I believe sedans will do better overseas.
I drove rental cars in France Germany Italy India and took note of what seems to be popular. My surprise was even in congested India Honda crv was so desired by those who could afford it. High ground clearance, luggage space after seating 5 people, fuel economy are important there. Smaller engines with less horsepower and less acceleration are OK. They do not pay for premium safety features and not even so concerned about wearing seat belts. Those who cannot afford the size of Honda crv buy the equivalent of our Honda fit fully loaded. In the equivalent of our Honda pilot, 3rd seat for kids is used a lot. They do not drive more than 300 miles long distance most of the time.

Same here. Big sedan and minivan. Now that "kids" started buying minivans, I am downsizing to lucid and Fisker Ocean extreme with tow hitch for bike rack and enough space for 2 dogs behind 2nd seat. I plan for now to keep the Sienna minivan because it is low insurance, used a bit and runs. I never liked the ride of suv.

I agree with you that these are likely 2022 cancelation orders. I'm considering a GT as well, so I was curious as to the reasoning for waiting for a 2023?
I was already given a VIN number for a 2023 which should be leaving the factory next week. Why would I take a 2022 instead of waiting 2 more weeks? They tried to swap me to one of these 2022's but I rejected the swap. I would rather have a 2023 for better resale in the future.

Makes sense. But is there any physical difference between 2022 and 2023 GTs?

Same here. Big sedan and minivan. Now that "kids" started buying minivans, I am downsizing to lucid and Fisker Ocean extreme with tow hitch for bike rack and enough space for 2 dogs behind 2nd seat. I plan for now to keep the Sienna minivan because it is low insurance, used a bit and runs. I never liked the ride of suv.
I guess it’s not surprising a good number of Air customers are not SUV fans. I refuse to even consider one. I hate riding up high. I’d much rather be down near the road.

I have no kids. No dog. So no reason whatsoever to want anything other than a sedan or coupe.

If anything, the Air is a big bigger than I need. But I figure by the time I’m ready for another car, Lucid will have a smaller model for me.

Again, i'm not surprised by this and think it's being blown way out of proportion. Luxury cars are one of the first things to stop selling when battling high inflation \ recessions. Lucid isn't a cheap car and people will often try and hoard cash in these uncertain times. Even Ioniq sales are slowing down so it's just the car market in general taking a hit due to the economy. Not everyone is like Kyle who seems to have indispensable cash to just buy whatever car he wants whenever he wants and as much as I like Kyle it's a little annoying to see him running with this narrative of doom and gloom.
Agreed … he becomes more annoying day-by-day. I don’t know how Allysea puts up with his “mansplaining”!

I guess it’s not surprising a good number of Air customers are not SUV fans. I refuse to even consider one. I hate riding up high. I’d much rather be down near the road.

I have no kids. No dog. So no reason whatsoever to want anything other than a sedan or coupe.

If anything, the Air is a big bigger than I need. But I figure by the time I’m ready for another car, Lucid will have a smaller model for me.
Agreed. I would prefer a smaller Lucid myself and prefer a sedan or coupe for the same reasons you listed.

I’ll take my turn to spin this in a positive tone with speculation….No facts…

Maybe they intentionally overproduced GTs before they convert the line to Touring and then they will overproduce Touring to make Pure. My guess is with the current size of the useable factory in Casa Grande, they can only produce one trim at a time. So they kept some GTs around for quick delivery. Honestly, how many cars can any brand sell north of $150K per year? For example, in 2021, Mercedes-Benz only sold 14,282 S-Class cars and most of those cost less than the Lucid Air GT range. As a Lucid GT owner and LCID investor, I am not worried with the assumption that the backlog of high end GT range Airs is now filled. Also think that its smart to keep some quick delivery inventory around for rich folks who stroll into a Lucid showroom and say, “Hey can I get one today and charge to my AMEX Black Centurion Card?” I am glad the answer from the sales guy would be “Yes!” at this point.

Fact is everyone in the US with kids like the space and utility of a minivan. Many people i know actually told me that they bought a 7 passenger SUV instead of a minivan because they don't want to be seen as a soccer or baseball parent. A windfall for the auto makers who can charge a huge premium. All they need is to replace the sliding doors of the minivan, raise the height and make it a bit stiff and they can even get away with a shorter wheel base and length. My son paid just $55k for Chrysler Pacifica Plugin Hybrid because of the utility value.

Agreed. I would prefer a smaller Lucid myself and prefer a sedan or coupe for the same reasons you listed.
Me too. Honestly, I would have considered Hyundai Ioniq 6 Sedan if it was available. That size if good enough for me.

My son paid just $55k for Chrysler Pacifica Plugin Hybrid because of the utility value.
That Pacifica was on my radar until I learned about Rivian R1S.

Me too. Honestly, I would have considered Hyundai Ioniq 6 Sedan if it was available. That size if good enough for me.

The Ioniq 6 is gorgeous!!!
I also wish the Air was a bit smaller , but since it’s so efficient , it’s kind of a moot point, except for my mini panic attacks entering and exiting the garage.

Fact is everyone in the US with kids like the space and utility of a minivan. Many people i know actually told me that they bought a 7 passenger SUV instead of a minivan because they don't want to be seen as a soccer or baseball parent. A windfall for the auto makers who can charge a huge premium. All they need is to replace the sliding doors of the minivan, raise the height and make it a bit stiff and they can even get away with a shorter wheel base and length. My son paid just $55k for Chrysler Pacifica Plugin Hybrid because of the utility value.
I have a Lincoln Navigator. It is very easy to get in and out of and the seating position is very comfortable. I also like being able to see over traffic.

Back