• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lucid Cameras

rlhyde

Cars
2022 White Lucid Air GT
I know the Lucid has a bunch of cameras on it. However, I am unclear as to how they are used. Obviously there are used during parking, but what about other uses?

For example, Tesla has a features on their vehicles and their cameras that are used for accident investigation and evidence of vandalism. Can anyone confirm or deny whether these features are also on the Covid Air?

Examples:

1) The Tesla records video of all activity around the car while the car is driving (front, back, and sides). That way, if there's an accident there is evidence of what occurred. Does the Lucid do this?

2) The Tesla has what it calls "century mode." This records activity around the car while the car is parked. It also sends a text message to the owner if someone disturbs the vehicle. Does the Lucid do this?

Lucid doesn’t have a sentry mode enabled at this time, it should be coming in the future as it’s a very popular request.
They are used for blind spot monitoring, hit the blinker and it shows what is in your blind spot.
They are also there to help when the vehicle moves through it’s level 3 autonomous hardware otas.

On my test drive, I didn’t love the delay between actuating the blinker and appearance of the camera screen in the display. Has it been improved in 1.2.6?

On my test drive, I didn’t love the delay between actuating the blinker and appearance of the camera screen in the display. Has it been improved in 1.2.6?
I haven’t been upgraded to 1.2.6 yet, but as of 1.2.1 there is a slight delay, it does seem to improve during the drive duration, but agreed, when the delay is there I don’t even look for the camera as it’d be too late. I too hope that 1.2.6 has improved things a bit there!

I know the Lucid has a bunch of cameras on it. However, I am unclear as to how they are used. Obviously there are used during parking, but what about other uses?

For example, Tesla has a features on their vehicles and their cameras that are used for accident investigation and evidence of vandalism. Can anyone confirm or deny whether these features are also on the Covid Air?

Examples:

1) The Tesla records video of all activity around the car while the car is driving (front, back, and sides). That way, if there's an accident there is evidence of what occurred. Does the Lucid do this?

2) The Tesla has what it calls "century mode." This records activity around the car while the car is parked. It also sends a text message to the owner if someone disturbs the vehicle. Does the Lucid do this?
Anyone that calls the Lucid "Covid AIr" is more than likely here just to bash Lucid - why bother posting on this board if your not interested in the car?

I would assume that was just an unintentional typo, or more likely an overzealous spelling corrector. I just found it amusing.

I would assume that was just an unintentional typo, or more likely an overzealous spelling corrector. I just found it amusing.
Doubt that was a "typo" - check his other posts.

His autocorrect is set to replace Lucid with Covid everytime. The letters aren't even close... 🤣

Lucid doesn’t have a sentry mode enabled at this time, it should be coming in the future as it’s a very popular request.
They are used for blind spot monitoring, hit the blinker and it shows what is in your blind spot.
They are also there to help when the vehicle moves through it’s level 3 autonomous hardware otas.
I haven't seen much recently regarding "dash cam" functionality for accidents and security, but recent events have pushed that into the forefront for me. I don't really want to have aftermarket cameras installed waiting for the functionality to be enabled, but I may consider it.

Any rumors?

I haven't seen much recently regarding "dash cam" functionality for accidents and security, but recent events have pushed that into the forefront for me. I don't really want to have aftermarket cameras installed waiting for the functionality to be enabled, but I may consider it.

Any rumors?
If having a dashcam is important, install one yourself. Do not wait for the company to release the ability if you want to protect yourself.

Any rumors?
Lucid is very quiet about future features. I hope it comes someday!

Back