Lucid Brand ambassador

A Porsche driving anti-EV surgeon I work with was always giving me a hard time about the car saying “oh Bloomberg says they’re going out of business blah blah”…and then a yacht owning friend of his he’a jealous of just bought matching his and hers Lucid Grand Tourings, now he’s not so negative. 😉

A couple of tweets from Peter challenging Elon to a “measurement” contest is all it takes to get Lucid all the publicity it ever wants. You are welcome, Lucid.

Has anyone been approached and asked about your car experience by people who know about The Lucid Air, but are seeing it for the first time or a investor out of the blue?
Pretty much every time I've been next to the car and someone walks by. Especially when it's being retrieved from valet.

I echo Ben ...my Lucid AGT gets more looks and asked about than my Ferrari

Last person that asked was in a hybrid and asked if I was concerned that the saudis basically own more than half the company. I’m not happy but the Saudi investment in tech is all over. Can’t really avoid it. Slack etc. Wonder if this comment will be taken down?

Last person that asked was in a hybrid and asked if I was concerned that the saudis basically own more than half the company. I’m not happy but the Saudi investment in tech is all over. Can’t really avoid it. Slack etc. Wonder if this comment will be taken down?
For what? You’re relating an experience you had with a bystander. If you start attacking anyone or dive into politics, that’s a different story.

There are plenty of threads about the Saudi investment, so let’s not make this thread about that please.

I look at the Saudi thing this way: would you rather be pumping Saudi gas into your car or reducing global emissions by driving a partly Saudi funded vehicle? Did I type this on a phone made using questionable labor practices? Yes. Purity politics is impossible, and frankly I think the PIF investing in Lucid is progress, and progress happens step-wise, not instantaneously.

On a separate topic the sanitation worker picking up a dumpster at my local Starbucks at 5am this morning was super complementary of the car, said it looked incredible. As usual, he didn’t know who Lucid was, but was impressed it was made in the USA.

at my local Starbucks at 5am this morning
5AM??? you must be a doctor. I do lawyers hours🥱😴

Isn't Volvo, Lotus, Smart and Polestar owned by Geely - a Chinese investment fund? Plus car manufacturers in China. Its the biggest car brand in the world, I read.

On a separate topic the sanitation worker picking up a dumpster at my local Starbucks at 5am this morning was super complementary of the car, said it looked incredible. As usual, he didn’t know who Lucid was, but was impressed it was made in the USA.
The most common question I get is "where is this made?" No one believes me when I say Arizona.

I get asked about the car on a daily basis. sometimes several times a day. Also, often in a parking lot but that has now extended to traffic light stops!

I get asked about the car on a daily basis. sometimes several times a day. Also, often in a parking lot but that has now extended to traffic light stops!I

I just got cut off by a guy in RS6 Avant in the HD parking lot. He stopped right in front of me, and got out happily screaming> OMG OMG, i am shareholder and this is the first one I have seen in the wild.

That never happened with an Audi.

Do you think the color of the car causes most people to pay attention and then want to find out about the car? Mine is Quantum Grey and I notice a few people will look, but won't do a 2nd one.

Do you think the color of the car causes most people to pay attention and then want to find out about the car? Mine is Quantum Grey and I notice a few people will look, but won't do a 2nd one.
I've had a silver and I now have a red. The red definitely gets more attention.

IMO it partially depends on where you are. In almost a year I have only seen one other Lucid in NC. So I get asked questions/get compliments all the time. In CA, where most Lucids are, owners probably get far fewer comments/questions.

IMO it partially depends on where you are. In almost a year I have only seen one other Lucid in NC. So I get asked questions/get compliments all the time. In CA, where most Lucids are, owners probably get far fewer comments/questions.
I’m in the Bay Area in California and get stopped and asked about my car every single day since I got it in October

I have an Air Gran Touring in Infinity Black w Stealth option and 20” wheels - imho, it is visually stunning. But I live in Seattle and I’m noticing now that there are so many really nice, new and frequently expensive cars driving around here, that my Air doesn’t really seem to garner that much attention. I did have a guy chase me down in a parking lot the other day - he said, “I didn’t hear your door close; does your car have automatic doors?” To which, I explained the ‘soft-close’ doors - that was what really impressed him.

A couple of tweets from Peter challenging Elon to a “measurement” contest is all it takes to get Lucid all the publicity it ever wants. You are welcome, Lucid.

While not a serious comment, not a bad one. I regularly use the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall as a place to walk given the high temps in greater Phoenix. That mall has a Lucid design studio, a Tesla showroom and a Polestar showroom. The Tesla is almost always the busiest store. The Polestar store is almost always empty with two CAs in it.

The Lucid design studio is very well designed as a luxurious studio. But it doesn't grab attention like the nearby Apple store. My thought is some carefully thought out signs advertising the car's award winning ways would help drive traffic. There are five test cars sitting in the garage and rarely do I see more than one out.

I am not suggesting that Lucid turn into a "Crazy Eddie" store. But a bit more would help drive traffic.

Back