Lucid Brand ambassador

Yes it is but full of debate as to whether it is Pepe"s or Sally's that has the best pizza. Coal fired ovens. Wooster Square!

I don't miss the snow and black ice but I do miss the East coast cities. For example, it is pretty impossible to get really good bread out here.
Unfair!!! My mouth is watering. I miss a big bowl of linguine, mussels and red sauce the most.

I do not miss the humidity. Or bugs. Impossible to get really good rye, bagels and ethnic bread in the west.

Last edited:
If you guys are going to continue to stroll down memory lane, I suggest you move it to a local community thread...

No but I did love Carvel. I do remember Korvette's and Caldor and, of course, Woolco (nee Woolworth) and K-Mart (nee Kresge) and Polaroid, and DeSoto cars, etc. Further, of course, Prince Spaghetti's grandmother commercial and Mickey Mantle almost hitting it out of Yankee Stadium.
We are at the age where you mention any of these things to the “kids these days” and their eyes roll, as they check Instagram for the 5th time in 5 minutes. Lol

No but I did love Carvel. I do remember Korvette's and Caldor and, of course, Woolco (nee Woolworth) and K-Mart (nee Kresge) and Polaroid, and DeSoto cars, etc. Further, of course, Prince Spaghetti's grandmother commercial and Mickey Mantle almost hitting it out of Yankee Stadium.
I was a huge Mickey Mantle fan as a kid, but growing up in the Bronx, that was not unusual.

We are at the age where you mention any of these things to the “kids these days” and their eyes roll, as they check Instagram for the 5th time in 5 minutes. Lol
I know all of those… and dont have an IG account lol
how i remember those? as bankrupt companies…

Yes it is but full of debate as to whether it is Pepe"s or Sally's that has the best pizza. Coal fired ovens. Wooster Square!

I don't miss the snow and black ice but I do miss the East coast cities. For example, it is pretty impossible to get really good bread out here.
I sent myself a half dozen pizzas from Sally’s via Goldbelly. It was better than anything you can get in California, but hard to see it as a Dave Portnoy 9.4. I would venture to guess that Pepe’s is better.

Let’s go a little deeper. Do you remember “Nobody beats the whiz” and Fudgy the whale from Carvel?
This ‘87 Brooklyn boy remembers the Wiz well. And their stupid commercials.

And the stupid Modells commercials lol

Also the best pizza is at grimaldi’s under the Brooklyn bridge in Brooklyn heights. Fight me (but elsewhere, not this thread)

Had another fun experience of being a brand ambassador while at a EA station. Talked to couple who pulled up in a Polestar. The gentleman had bought the car for his wife, but wod have bought a Lucid if they had known about the company before hand (he bought himself a mach-e). Then a woman power walking stopped to ask about the car because she likes how the lights startup.

I wonder when Lucid will be starting referral program?

I now let my wife drive the Lucid for her golf. Happy wife, happy life.

Yesterday, she was sitting in the clubhouse with mates after her round. Four unknown golfers can up to her and asked: is that your Lucid? She then took an entourage of men and women over to view the car.

While I assumed she totally ignores all my techno babble, she says she did admirably answering all questions. Range, Service, home charging. Most comments came from interior and exterior styling. And the 360 cameras.

I now let my wife drive the Lucid for her golf. Happy wife, happy life.

Yesterday, she was sitting in the clubhouse with mates after her round. Four unknown golfers can up to her and asked: is that your Lucid? She then took an entourage of men and women over to view the car.

While I assumed she totally ignores all my techno babble, she says she did admirably answering all questions. Range, Service, home charging. Most comments came from interior and exterior styling. And the 360 cameras.
It’s definitely a chick and dude magnet. “Hey honey, I just took an entourage of men to my car. Go ahead and eat dinner”. 😂

It’s definitely a chick and dude magnet. “Hey honey, I just took an entourage of men to my car. Go ahead and eat dinner”. 😂

You are not far off. She was an hour and a half late coming home. Claimed it was due to several lightening play delays on the course. Yeah, right.

This morning I wrote to @LucidMotors customer support and @jcurry that I want to be a Lucid brand ambassador as we go to car shows often and I am very active in the EV community in Phoenix in both Tesla and non Tesla social groups. Happy to report they responded immediately and will let me know about future events in my region. Tell Lucid you want to represent the brand!!

IMG_0516.jpeg

Yet another reason for a Lucid sentry mode… or should I say wife tracking mode?
I admit, both my husband and I will look at the app if the car isn't in the garage to see where the other person is. But the way you say it just sounds creepy! If you don't want anyone to know where you are, this is not the car to drive.

Back