Lucid Brand ambassador

NanoGauntlet

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
Has anyone been approached and asked about your car experience by people who know about The Lucid Air, but are seeing it for the first time or a investor out of the blue?

Has anyone been approached and asked about your car experience by people who know about The Lucid Air, but are seeing it for the first time or a investor out of the blue?
Look at this thread: https://lucidowners.com/threads/best-reactions-to-your-air.4132/page-8#post-134742
Cosmo, it may be depend where you live. We still get heads turned as we're driving it or people talking to us when we park. It's not always the first time they've seen one anymore, but usually just to say how nice it is.

"Nice Tesla" is about the most interest I've received.
If it's not a pickup truck or a monster SUV nobody cares. Amerika is not a car culture anymore. Everyone wants a combat vehicle.
In ten years you won't be able to sell an ICE vehicle... wonder if there will be a market for "converting " their Escalades and Suburbans to wind-power ?
View attachment 13483
Weird, it’s a fairly routine occurrence for me for people to be interested in and ask questions about my car.

Weird, it’s a fairly routine occurrence for me for people to be interested in and ask questions about my car.
I deliberately chose the silver because it blends- in when parked in a lot. I swapped-out the 19" wheels when the weather warmed and now it's more noticeable (apparently only to me: the 21s are so cool), but nobody comes up to me or bothers me, which is nice for an introvert. Even my extended family has no interest in seeing the inside / going for a ride. Nobody has come up to me in my 9 months of ownership, not even at the chargers. Sometimes I sit in the shade across the lot from the chargers I use, and watch - not a single person even looks at the car. To them it's just another Tesla. I'm so happy about that.

Most people who admire the car have no idea what it is. I enthusiastically laud its attributes when given the opportunity but brand awareness and identification need some work. Advertising and PR probably won't make much difference until Lucid introduces lower-priced models. In the meantime, the car just keeps getting better and I enjoy it immensely. I have always been unconventional so it suits me perfectly. Unfortunately, the FUD in the media and on social media does not help.

Definitely depends on your area. Here in northern VA, I get comments on the Lucid all the time. A FedEx driver outside my house said “That’s the Lucid? It sure looks a lot better than Teslas.” An older guy in a beater Civic flagged me down in a parking lot to ask “Is that a Lucid? Wow, I didn’t know they were making cars yet, I should buy some stock.” People at fast chargers have known what it is and asked how I like it. This is an area where I can’t go more than a minute on the road without seeing an EV though, it’s generally wealthy and tech-heavy.

Has anyone been approached and asked about your car experience by people who know about The Lucid Air, but are seeing it for the first time or an investor out of the blue?
All the time. Lucid is soon implementing a referral program for current owners who refer someone that turns into a sale, it’s not official yet but the things I’ve heard are massively better than I was expecting.

All the time. Lucid is soon implementing a referral program for current owners who refer someone that turns into a sale, it’s not official yet but the things I’ve heard are massively better than I was expecting.
Keep us up to date on this! I may have someone in the family buying one.

On my Genesis forum I have been going back and forth with a Canadian owner of a GV60 Performance who is very unhappy with his dealership and manufacturer experience. He last mentioned going for a Model S and said that he didn't think the premium was worth it for a Lucid; I pointed out both the Model S with its basic ADAS features and the AWD Lucid Air Pure both retail for exactly the same price. Maybe he will come to the bright side.

All the time, and the latest was today while at PT a college baseball player asked quite a few questions about the car as he thought the car was really awesome looking, yesterday it was the FedEx driver making a delivery to the house, he stated he had seen it on the street and saw it at my house making deliveries and was happy he caught me in the driveway so he could talk to me.
It's crazy but I get almost as many looks and compliments on my four door Lucid as I do on my Jag F-Type SVR.

I deliberately chose the silver because it blends- in when parked in a lot. I swapped-out the 19" wheels when the weather warmed and now it's more noticeable (apparently only to me: the 21s are so cool), but nobody comes up to me or bothers me, which is nice for an introvert. Even my extended family has no interest in seeing the inside / going for a ride. Nobody has come up to me in my 9 months of ownership, not even at the chargers. Sometimes I sit in the shade across the lot from the chargers I use, and watch - not a single person even looks at the car. To them it's just another Tesla. I'm so happy about that.
Are you saying you're an introvert? If so I'm calling bullshit 😅

All the time. Interestingly several (known) homeless men have pointed it out and said "those are great cars". Almost always happy to open it up and answer questions.

So far I've had a few long conversations with different people as well as a missed chance by someone who waved at my passenger just as the light turned green and I was turning.
1. I was at a Ford dealership dropping of my mom and was asked by the mechanic and another costumer about my car.
2. When I was getting my vin verification process done the two mechanics at the gas/service station asked about my car. 3. At work only one person asked me about my car because they had seen the YouTube ads.
4. I was on a road trip and noticed a guy looking at my car. I acknowledged him and continued to tune my radio. He then introduced himself and said his girlfriend was an investor in Lucid and wanted to check out the car, so I let them tour it as well as gave them a short ride.
5. I've only had one person as about the company because they were looking to get into an SUV to replace a car that was damaged in an accident.
6. My neighbors asked and one neighbor knew about the brand and came over when he finally saw me at my car (he was looking to invest and buy at some point)

Yes.

Are you saying you're an introvert? If so I'm calling bullshit 😅
Strangely enough, it tracks. My Wife's an introvert. She is one of the kindest people I know. She'd give you the shirt off her back if you needed it or any other life necessity if someone needed it the only caveat -- just send her a text message if you gotta ask. 😂😂😂

Two and a half years of me teleworking was fun in our house. I'm an extrovert if you hadn't noticed. 😂😂😂

I get questions all the time. Mostly what is it, how do you like it, and how does it compare to a Tesla? Coming from 7 years in two model Ss I can give a detailed answer.
I drive it all the time especially to high profile events like various cars and coffee, the bear mountain car cruise( usually 1000 plus cars on display every weds) Greenwich polo, numerous fundraisers and events. The reactions I get are very positive. I’ve basically already referred one sale and I’m working on a portfolio manager friend of mine who is looking for his wife. He is a car guy but unsure on purchase due to Lucids finances.
Sadly I may have to curtail my driving for a week or two. If anyone has been watching the news my town ( highland falls , Fort Montgomery and West Point)as well as the surrounding local area got hit by what the newscasts refer to a 1000 year storm. My driveway as well as the only road up to my house is partially washed out and badly buckled. This is the only time where I wished I had an adjustable suspension. I don’t think I have the ground clearance. I have no idea how I’m going to get the Z8 home as well since it is sitting at a BMW dealership getting belts and hoses. It is a mess

On my Genesis forum I have been going back and forth with a Canadian owner of a GV60 Performance who is very unhappy with his dealership and manufacturer experience. He last mentioned going for a Model S and said that he didn't think the premium was worth it for a Lucid; I pointed out both the Model S with its basic ADAS features and the AWD Lucid Air Pure both retail for exactly the same price. Maybe he will come to the bright side.
I think that one thing Lucid needs to do is send pures to reviewers, and advertise the fact that it is around the same price as the model s. Too many times I see people on youtube comments saying “But its so expensive!”

(not intending to be an armchair ceo)

I did a local EV display in my town a couple of weeks ago. There were about 32 cars, a pretty nice selection considering they said there are 372 EVs registered in the town.

The Lucid and a hydrogen car next to me were 2 of the most popular. I literally got horse from talking with people during the show but it was fun for sure.

A lot of the more avid folks were familiar with the car but a large percentage were not. Absolutely, the most common first question was "Lucid, who makes that?"

Back