Lucid Brand ambassador

I am not suggesting that Lucid turn into a "Crazy Eddie" store. But a bit more would help drive traffic.
Only an old dude from the East remembers Crazy Eddie.

The Cherry Creek Denver studio has good traffic. I wonder if mall car showrooms actually sell cars. Maybe just increase brand recognition.

The Cherry Creek Denver studio has good traffic. I wonder if mall car showrooms actually sell cars. Maybe just increase brand recognition.
Last time I was at the Cherry Creek studio, the sales associate there told me they do fairly well, as far as delivering cars. No idea what that means. One a week? Two a month?

Also, I’m guessing a fair number of deliveries, like mine, were from web sales. I ordered my car before that store even existed.

Last time I was at the Cherry Creek studio, the sales associate there told me they do fairly well, as far as delivering cars. No idea what that means. One a week? Two a month?

Also, I’m guessing a fair number of deliveries, like mine, were from web sales. I ordered my car before that store even existed.
They had a very dusty stealth in the Lucid garage parking spaces last week when I was there, to be delivered.

Out of the blue, Several of the sales people asked my thoughts on tires and wheels. Being the introvert that I am, I mentioned the issues with the 21" low profile Pirellis. They knew nothing about 21" issues. But implied they do not hear on service issues.

A salesperson said they dissuade people from 21s and 20s and strongly recommend 19" since they are all weather. And it can snow in Colorado anytime. None of them were trained or knew of the inherent fragility with any 35 ratio vs 45 ratio tire. To be expected, they are salespeople.

A salesman asked if I agreed on their routine 19" recommendation. I did. Told them there are several great performance winter tires in that size rated for the Lucid. And there are aftermarket 20 and 21s they can get down the road.

Nice group. Well trained on the car. And some had lots of cool trivia. Like the glass canopy being made by a Belgium military tank and defense contractor. 10 times stronger than Tesla allegedly.

It was actually Lafayette Radio & Electronics. I remember them well and shopped there many times. Ah, and I certainly do remember Crazy Eddie. Wasn’t he eventually arrested on some charge?

Hey, I’m 51 and from the east coast and Crazy Eddie is embedded in my psyche. Never mind, I’m probably old.

Nope. I grew up in New Haven and lived and worked in NYC in the seventies but I don't remember Layfayette Radio (I just googled it and still don't remember it). I do see that it sold out to Circuit City...probably not a very wise decision.
New Haven is the pizza capital of the world!

It was actually Lafayette Radio & Electronics. I remember them well and shopped there many times. Ah, and I certainly do remember Crazy Eddie. Wasn’t he eventually arrested on some charge?
I remember mailing in orders for parts to them in Syosset Long Island. Many many decades later, a real estate matter is on my desk. Seems that Lafayette Radio, in its prime, entered into these amazing multi option and 50 year leases for its stores. So, LONG after there were no more Layette stores, there was still this massive amount of prime retail real estate options and leases under very low favorable options. Lafayette lived on.

Hey, I’m 51 and from the east coast and Crazy Eddie is embedded in my psyche. Never mind, I’m probably old.
I'm from New York originally, moved to CA in 1976. I remember his ads too, although I hadn't though about them for decades until I read this. I'm older than you, and Bobby as well. The other goofy ad that I ended up talked about with friends on 4th of July was Cal, and his dog Spot. That's probably just a west coast thing.

I'm from New York originally, moved to CA in 1976. I remember his ads too, although I hadn't though about them for decades until I read this. I'm older than you, and Bobby as well. The other goofy ad that I ended up talked about with friends on 4th of July was Cal, and his dog Spot. That's probably just a west coast thing.
Let’s go a little deeper. Do you remember “Nobody beats the whiz” and Fudgy the whale from Carvel?

Let’s go a little deeper. Do you remember “Nobody beats the whiz” and Fudgy the whale from Carvel?
This is stretching my memory. Definitely not the whiz. I vaguely remember going to Carvel, but not commercials for it.

I'm from West Haven and there is still a Carvel store there. I also remember the crazy Eddie commercials as well as the nobody beats the Whiz ones.
As I was driving up to New London yesterday I did notice more people in the passenger side checking out my car (the really slow traffic on 95 helped). Also a guy in a Ram pickup was interested as we waited for the light to change on route 34.

I remember mailing in orders for parts to them in Syosset Long Island. Many many decades later, a real estate matter is on my desk. Seems that Lafayette Radio, in its prime, entered into these amazing multi option and 50 year leases for its stores. So, LONG after there were no more Layette stores, there was still this massive amount of prime retail real estate options and leases under very low favorable options. Lafayette lived on.
Neat story. I handled a lot of commercial real estate transactions over the past several decades & am very familiar with that concept of really long term leases. Another retailer who had similar longevity, was Woolworths. They used to lease some valuable real estate on Broadway in lower NYC & lived on thru subleases entered into decades earlier. As I recall, the deal I worked awhile ago had Woolworths on the hook at about $8 a rsf when market for that space was about $100rsf. That's a whole lot of "vig" on a store that exceeds 5,000rsf :)

New Haven is the pizza capital of the world!
Yes it is but full of debate as to whether it is Pepe"s or Sally's that has the best pizza. Coal fired ovens. Wooster Square!

I don't miss the snow and black ice but I do miss the East coast cities. For example, it is pretty impossible to get really good bread out here.

No but I did love Carvel. I do remember Korvette's and Caldor and, of course, Woolco (nee Woolworth) and K-Mart (nee Kresge) and Polaroid, and DeSoto cars, etc. Further, of course, Prince Spaghetti's grandmother commercial and Mickey Mantle almost hitting it out of Yankee Stadium.

Back