- Joined
- Sep 10, 2023
- Messages
- 887
- Reaction score
- 923
- Location
- Miami/Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Cars
- 23' Air Touring
- Referral Code
- Maxed
I paid $1k to tint my side and rear windows. looks perfect.
Glad to hear it came out well! And no errors?I paid $1k to tint my side and rear windows. looks perfect.
I was told the exact same - I tinted all the windows BUT windshield after hearing stories and low and behold by pilot panel went out and he blamed the "tint on my windshield" which i said sir, look again, no tint... then he proceeds to blame the screen protector, took it off and once they realized that wasn't the issue they took the pilot panel off and noticed that the coax cable connection pin was completely snapped off from moving up and down so they replaced it under warranty. They will do ANYTHING to not cover it....Here is something to think about. My Pure is just over 3 weeks old and the right 3rd of the cockpit display went out. The first question they asked me is if I had the windshield tinted. I said no and asked why. He said because it can cause water to leak into the car and short out the display. He explained how that can happen, but I can't remember. It seems a bit odd, but he said it's happened more than once. And the real clincher is that according to him the warranty wouldn't cover the repair if it was tinted.
I have no idea the accuracy of this, but thought I'd through it out there.
Ha I put aftermarket screen protector on my pilot panel and they blamed that on the pilot panel going black and once they took the pilot panel down they noticed a coax cable pin was completely snapped off from moving it up and down.. but of course they took off my screen protector in the process and didnt replaceHe also said that a screen protector over the displays can damage them. That makes no sense to me. Most screens I have had on vehicles are shipped with a protective film. This was someone in service by the way.
They would have to prove the damage was from the tinting; for example, if they could find water ingress. Without that, the warranty would apply.I was told the exact same - I tinted all the windows BUT windshield after hearing stories and low and behold by pilot panel went out and he blamed the "tint on my windshield" which i said sir, look again, no tint... then he proceeds to blame the screen protector, took it off and once they realized that wasn't the issue they took the pilot panel off and noticed that the coax cable connection pin was completely snapped off from moving up and down so they replaced it under warranty. They will do ANYTHING to not cover it....