Lucid Air Left/Right "Turning" of LED Micro Array Headlights

Alex

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid DE R –Tesla X
DE Number
Referral Code
0M97RTIO
After reading the comment on Detroit free press about the LED Micro Away Headlights:
Headlights that peer around corners and shift focus without a single moving part
I decided to see what this is about. I hadn't heard anything about this before, and I think Lucid should make this feature more obviously known. The following video demonstrates what happens when you turn the steering wheel. The left/right corners get illuminated appropriately:

nice. i was asking about adaptive leds yesterday. glad to see it in Lucid.

Yea that article was the first I heard about it as well. Thanks for the video. It never bothered me to even check, buy the amount of illumination you get from the lights is tremendous even just driving straight.

After reading the comment on Detroit free press about the LED Micro Away Headlights:
Headlights that peer around corners and shift focus without a single moving part
I decided to see what this is about. I hadn't heard anything about this before, and I think Lucid should make this feature more obviously known. The following video demonstrates what happens when you turn the steering wheel. The left/right corners get illuminated appropriately:

Wife's 2009 Lexus Rx has steering headlights, but this is something different?

Wife's 2009 Lexus Rx has steering headlights, but this is something different?

In that there are no moving parts. In my Mazda, my lights physically move for adaptive headlights; here they simply change which LEDs are illuminated and at which brightness in the array.

Yea that article was the first I heard about it as well. Thanks for the video. It never bothered me to even check, buy the amount of illumination you get from the lights is tremendous even just driving straight.
What clued me into trying this was that I was going home last night and the road is pretty winding. I noticed that I could see everywhere in front, so though that the "peer around corners" comment must have some validity.

1) One of the LED Micro array is off. Have you seen this?
IMG_5816.JPG
2) Also noticed that there are two spots in projected headlights. They are distracting while turning corners. They appear much bigger when projected at a longer distance than the picture.
IMG_5815.jpg

1) One of the LED Micro array is off. Have you seen this?
View attachment 580
2) Also noticed that there are two spots in projected headlights. They are distracting while turning corners. They appear much bigger when projected at a longer distance than the picture.
View attachment 581
1) the array that is off is the high beam array
2) Those spots are, as hmp was able to get an answer to, by design to reduce glare to oncoming drivers from your headlights.

1) the array that is off is the high beam array
2) Those spots are, as hmp was able to get an answer to, by design to reduce glare to oncoming drivers from your headlights.
I find the glare reduction solution to be an afterthought, than by design. In our MB it is handled more elegantly.

I find the glare reduction solution to be an afterthought, than by design. In our MB it is handled more elegantly.
how do they do it for the MB?

I think they just set up some fixed areas to turn off the light. I would think in the future, they would use the programability of the microarray to selectively turn of LEDs.

As in a sensor detects an oncoming car and shuts off a few LEDs in a specific area?

Yea but that is foe the high beam. Those dots are to reduce glare for the normal low beams.

Back