Lucid’s Complete Stoppage of All Customer Delivery’s….What Do You Think?

I do think we need to be very careful what is put on here when having discussions with Lucid. My original DA got caught out embellishing to put it politely and I was then moved to another DA. As a result, I had some discussions with higher ups at Lucid and was given information that I didn't disclose here. The discussion was very frank on both sides and for me, was appreciated that I was given that level of information. To then go and put what was discussed on here and create a potential dumpster fire I chose to avoid.

We know Lucid reads these forums, they knew who I was on these forums when speaking to me so they can marry up people on here to our real names etc. to figure out who it is. Think about if your DA is being nice and breaking protocol by giving you some information to make you happy only to then have it spread like wildfire on a forum that could now potentially get them in trouble for sharing too much info. We know (apparently) the DA's have been told to not share delivery dates \ expectations so if a DA goes and gives you some key info I would suggest potentially keeping it to yourself.

I'm all for sharing experiences and frustrations but I think we just need to think twice about the implications our comments can cause. I'm frustrated with management and pre delivery communication to future owners as it hinders Lucid's success story and hopefully by Lucid reading those comments it sends a message to them on what they need to address, but when given the opportunity to speak to people I would be very, very cautious on what I put on here. We know Lucid likes to remain quiet, if stuff keeps leaking via DA's etc. then they will just lock information down to them even further which means we're doing ourselves no favors here and actually making matters worse for future owners.

I do think we need to be very careful what is put on here when having discussions with Lucid. My original DA got caught out embellishing to put it politely and I was then moved to another DA. As a result, I had some discussions with higher ups at Lucid and was given information that I didn't disclose here. The discussion was very frank on both sides and for me, was appreciated that I was given that level of information. To then go and put what was discussed on here and create a potential dumpster fire I chose to avoid.

We know Lucid reads these forums, they knew who I was on these forums when speaking to me so they can marry up people on here to our real names etc. to figure out who it is. Think about if your DA is being nice and breaking protocol by giving you some information to make you happy only to then have it spread like wildfire on a forum that could now potentially get them in trouble for sharing too much info. We know (apparently) the DA's have been told to not share delivery dates \ expectations so if a DA goes and gives you some key info I would suggest potentially keeping it to yourself.

I'm all for sharing experiences and frustrations but I think we just need to think twice about the implications our comments can cause. I'm frustrated with management and pre delivery communication to future owners as it hinders Lucid's success story and hopefully by Lucid reading those comments it sends a message to them on what they need to address, but when given the opportunity to speak to people I would be very, very cautious on what I put on here. We know Lucid likes to remain quiet, if stuff keeps leaking via DA's etc. then they will just lock information down to them even further which means we're doing ourselves no favors here and actually making matters worse for future owners.
I totally agree with everything you wrote. I am suspicious by nature and since persons posting on this and other forums or blogs can do/say anything they choose, one has to wonder what are their true motives. Yes it would be nice if Lucid could be more candid with buyers waiting for their deliveries as to causes of holdups, etc. but then distortions can occur with what people are told and what they post here.

It is crazy to think the stock price would be influenced by a blog that is just a few months old.

I wrote it because I want to know when the car will be delivered.
No good deed goes unpunished. Just keep up the great work you are doing. Someone needs to pick up the slack caused by Lucid's poor communication credo.

No good deed goes unpunished. Just keep up the great work you are doing. Someone needs to pick up the slack caused by Lucid's poor communication credo.
+1 to the above.

@rbbarry : hopefully there is no pushback/fallout from Lucid on your delivery because of this. 😜 If there is, thanks for taking one for the team. 🙏

+1 to the above.

@rbbarry : hopefully there is no pushback/fallout from Lucid on your delivery because of this. 😜 If there is, thanks for taking one for the team. 🙏
If anything, I'd think Lucid would push up his delivery, so that maybe he'll be too busy driving to post anything else. 😜

Maybe in the future, it will be funny but man, I am not finding this at all funny. I really didn't expect the stock folks to jump on it. The whole thing, actually, makes me sad.
Don’t stress about it. August 3rd will make all these fluctuations irrelevant. None of it may be relevant in the long term, hopefully in a very positive sense.

Maybe in the future, it will be funny but man, I am not finding this at all funny. I really didn't expect the stock folks to jump on it. The whole thing, actually, makes me sad.
Seriously, don't feel bad about it. It just shows how desperate the media is now to be the first to run with something before asking questions. Forums and Blogs are not to be taken as gospel so a decent outlet would've gone to the effort of actually CALLING Lucid's PR department asking for comment. Instead, it suited the negative narrative they're trying to push so they just ran with it, no questions asked

Seriously, don't feel bad about it. It just shows how desperate the media is now to be the first to run with something before asking questions. Forums and Blogs are not to be taken as gospel so a decent outlet would've gone to the effort of actually CALLING Lucid's PR department asking for comment. Instead, it suited the negative narrative they're trying to push so they just ran with it, no questions asked
I did ask Lucid's PR dept for a statement, they do not respond (and I don't blame them).

I disagree. In the robotic automated and computerized production process of car manufacturing all vehicles in production are tied to the prospective owner and identified by the VIN, when it reaches that stage. These are all preordered vehicles not cars built on spec. They know exactly where every vehicle is probably within a few meters. When I called Lucid, they looked up my data on a spread sheet and they told me there were a few batches ahead of my build, that it had not been sequenced yet, so I could change the wheel size without delaying production. They track everything to ensure they have the inventory of the thousands of parts needed for each car. When I ordered a BMW I could track it from the start of production to the docks to the car carrying ship to the Port in NJ. There is a website dedicated to tracking BMWs. The issue is not that Lucid doesn't track the build, of course they do, but should they disclose this data to the customer. For an established company with a mature production process this is done, but for a new manufacturer with no prior experience, there must be a perceived risk in revealing this info.
Agree. Already in the 1990s each car had an electronic memory device attached to its tram the moment the first piece of sheet metal was placed on the tram by robots. It could be read from and written to wirelessly as the tram moved through the factory. It contained all car info including options. An overall computer system, actually main frame, kept track of everything including suppliers fabrication and shipping. On pcs on the factory floor and even from home you could look up any car, see fabrication history, when to be shipped to dealer, etc.

I mean to be honest it’s probably not why it fell. You just gave a good reason to blame it on. Stocks move up and down all the time for no reason. I think the narrative gets pinned to the movement after the fact

Don't worry/$tre$$ 😜 😜 😜 about it ...People behind stocks should know better. Q2 earnings is just a week or so away ... and that will truly drive the stock value.

Ah the good old folks who time market actions based on short term news. Who cares what they think? If Lucid let that affect their day to day operating decisions then that would be one of the few things that would make me question their business strategy. That would be pretty funny if Rawlinson said "hey better ship out all those 21" tires we think will bust and will occupy the time of all our service staff because some short sellers are acting on speculation we might hold deliveries".

I suspect the stock fell because of the META earnings, not because of my blog post.
I don't think your blog post had any impact.. that accusation is laughable and anyone selling based on the unconfirmed reporting of a newer blog that references forum posts should read an Investing 101 book and read the cover twice.

Nearly all of the information we have is from this forum, and it naturally becomes and echo chamber because we're often the only ones talking. Lucid has been very mum on the situation and that is on them. How about they stop us from having to draw our own conclusions by communicating more?

I did ask Lucid's PR dept for a statement, they do not respond (and I don't blame them).
Oh well, in that case you gave them the opportunity to say something. If they chose to remain silent then more fool them and suffer the consequences. So yeah, I wouldn’t be worried about it in the slightest if I was you. You did nothing wrong.

Back